Predicament - for sharing (advice are welcome)

Re: Predicament - for sharing (advice are welcome)

Red_Bean_Bun;966361 said:
Stick with an opinion safer .....

Ya. Didn't follow the entire thread, was just responding to Dino's view.

Re: Predicament - for sharing (advice are welcome)

Closed used car dealer leaves consumers in the dark

Dear all, tks for reading/comforting/advices/comments/etc during this period.

Well, the link above aptly summed up the situation that I was in and the shop that I dealt with.

The past couple of months have been an ordeal - on uncertainty.

Not sure if it is luck or what. On the day I was about to get a REPO coy to find "my car", I got a letter from a lawyer to tell me that my car has been bought from someone and had some questions. Spoke to them thru the lawyers and themselves - they actually bought the car from Galaxy and paid in full. I "sians half" when I heard that cos they are in "shits" themselves. They were prepared to buy the car from me again but we cannot agree on the price as their offer was way below what I had to cover for the full redemption. So, the amicable solution was for them to return the car to me. The market has changed much. Tens of thousands below the market rate before the new loan system kicked in. In sum, have to be prepared to pay hard money (to top up for the full redemption) for a BIG lesson.

I hope all can learn from my bad experience.

1. Beware of car dealers. Pay more for a reputable one if need be. This lesson taught me one thing - many little shops have little cash in hand. ACRA revealed that a mere S$18 can open shop already. After "chu pattern", close the shop and open another one under another name. Life goes on for the baddies. Ordeals for the victims.

2. On full redemption, make it a pt to go with them to settle it on the spot.

3. In life, depend on yourself and the trust-worthy lawyer. Advices from authorities - "this is a civil issue so you have to address it with them yourselves...". Heard it too many times. Jaded. Seriously, 做人, 一定要靠自己。

Tks for reading.

Signing off on this issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one88vn1net

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back