Predicament - for sharing (advice are welcome)

Re: Predicament - for sharing (advice are welcome)

ac323;965632 said:
hope Police wont ask him to go CASE???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

That is my worry. (=

Tks all for the kind words.

And yes, I hope the sharing can help in your next sales - to be extremely anal when dealing with them from the onset.

In retrospect, many things that I could have done better but well.

I still have faith in lawyer(s) so I will see how things pan out.

Blessed sunday, all.

Feel for you bro...

All the best! Possible to go after the expat?

I've mentioned this in another thread. This is the very thing that scares me every time i have to transact through a dealer. The authorities are not doing anything with transactions pertaining to sale of cars. The problem is when the title is passed on to the buyer and with the dealer in between. Like rogue lawyers and unscrupulous housing agents, all monies involved in transaction should be held in some third party account and only released when title is passed to next owner. With cars costing so much, there should be some caveat system like for property where you lodged against cars. Potential buyers can check if a car is free of encumbrances before buying.

Last edited by a moderator:

clamsgp;965807 said:
I've mentioned this in another thread. This is the very thing that scares me every time i have to transact through a dealer. The authorities are not doing anything with transactions pertaining to sale of cars. The problem is when the title is passed on to the buyer and with the dealer in between. Like rogue lawyers and unscrupulous housing agents, all monies involved in transaction should be held in some third party account and only released when title is passed to next owner. With cars costing so much, there should be some caveat system like for property where you lodged against cars. Potential buyers can check if a car is free of encumbrances before buying.

unless all dealers reports to LTA directly..............so from there is easier to monitor

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;965611 said:
so is better to sell to an owner.............than a dealer if possible...

* hope Govt will step in to tighten up these used car dealership business
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Yes, instead of implementing other overnight measures only to have their minions thinking twice a week later in parliament sessions.

That aside, hope bro chershen gets his case settled asap with no more hiccups!

ac323;965818 said:
unless all dealers reports to LTA directly..............so from there is easier to monitor

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

You have got it wrong. LTA is not the right party to involve on the sale of cars else potentially they may regulate even more things.

This is a clear case of cheating and a police report should be made. A civil action can be filed too.

Meek;965823 said:
You have got it wrong. LTA is not the right party to involve on the sale of cars else potentially they may regulate even more things.

This is a clear case of cheating and a police report should be made. A civil action can be filed too.

ultimately still need to go LTA to do name transfer, etc.......so LTA is the best Govt agency..

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

What can we do to help ? Did you lodge a case with CAD ?

Is the dealership a LLP, Pte Ltd or SP ?

chershen;965796 said:
I didn't. Cos I had always dealt with dealers and this is my 1st.

Red_Bean_Bun;965829 said:
What can we do to help ? Did you lodge a case with CAD ?

Is the dealership a LLP, Pte Ltd or SP ?

Unfortunately cases like these are very difficult to prove criminal intent. Usually the police prefer to treat these as civil cases. A dealer of any trade collects your money and before delivery of products or services closes shop. Unless there are strong evidence to suggest otherwise-like it was planned from the onset to collect money with no intention of keeping their end of the bargain-the only recourse is a civil one. In Singapore, unlike other countries, the law is on the side of the business rather than the consumer despite the recent "Lemon" law introduction.

This case is so clear cut. If you can get this in front of a judge the dealer or his company is toast.

clamsgp;965832 said:
Unfortunately cases like these are very difficult to prove criminal intent. Usually the police prefer to treat these as civil cases. A dealer of any trade collects your money and before delivery of products or services closes shop. Unless there are strong evidence to suggest otherwise-like it was planned from the onset to collect money with no intention of keeping their end of the bargain-the only recourse is a civil one. In Singapore, unlike other countries, the law is on the side of the business rather than the consumer despite the recent "Lemon" law introduction.

Usually you give the dealer about 7 to 10 days depending on your mood. Then check your Assets in one motoring. If your ex car still listed, give a call to dealer, followed by email/fax/SMS to gently remind them...paper trial.

Then give another 3-4 days, again depending on your mood, and check one motoring again. Ex car still listed? Now you call/fax/email/SMS giving deadline, 2-3 days or you go to your lawyer.

2-3 days later, check again. Still listed? Worrying liao. Time to visit your friendly legal advisor to issue love letter on the same day...and take it from there.

Total time for dealer to do a 5 min transfer (which was not done) was +-18 days.

Lawyer will seek Specific Performance + damages if any. Timing is important so do everything within 20-25 days, meaning from 1st reminder to commencing legal action.

MW;965840 said:
Usually you give the dealer about 7 to 10 days depending on your mood. Then check your Assets in one motoring. If your ex car still listed, give a call to dealer, followed by email/fax/SMS to gently remind them...paper trial.

Then give another 3-4 days, again depending on your mood, and check one motoring again. Ex car still listed? Now you call/fax/email/SMS giving deadline, 2-3 days or you go to your lawyer.

2-3 days later, check again. Still listed? Worrying liao. Time to visit your friendly legal advisor to issue love letter on the same day...and take it from there.

Total time for dealer to do a 5 min transfer (which was not done) was +-18 days.

Lawyer will seek Specific Performance + damages if any. Timing is important so do everything within 20-25 days, meaning from 1st reminder to commencing legal action.

tks MW. my past experiences with lawyers give me alot of faith and i think i have given them enough time. i am quite sure the car is lurking around somewhere and this dealer, though shop gone, has assets (house, wife...). so, i am confident, my friendly lawyer can toast him.

cheers.

Oh, I forgot to mention.

while you are initiating or threaten to initiate legal proceedings, report to the used car association the dealer belongs to (if any), LTA, police, ACRA, IRAS and if you got time, to his landlord. Why landlord u ask? If the landlord is alerted to any legal or police cases, they may chip in to assist because many are behind their rental and they are afraid the dealer may go bust and owe them rent. Also some tenancy agreements may be "terminated" if there are civil suits.

the last time this happened to me, i file reports with LTA, police and the insurance company right away. Just to keep myself out of any mess these motherfuckers gonna cause.

I hope those who read this will have some sense to protect yourselves from these ah beng dealers.

Always avoid those motherfuckers who "bro" u front and end

juz file the police report.. they will see whether they can classify under CBT and go after that asshole on your behalf.

chershen;965797 said:
That is my worry. (=

MW;965849 said:
Oh, I forgot to mention.

while you are initiating or threaten to initiate legal proceedings, report to the used car association the dealer belongs to (if any), LTA, police, ACRA, IRAS and if you got time, to his landlord. Why landlord u ask? If the landlord is alerted to any legal or police cases, they may chip in to assist because many are behind their rental and they are afraid the dealer may go bust and owe them rent. Also some tenancy agreements may be "terminated" if there are civil suits.

Close shop and run away oredi lor.

Sorry to hear that 'bro'
all my past 4 purchases with dealers have been 'brotherly' good
good luck 'bro'

MW;965849 said:
Oh, I forgot to mention.

tks for the advice. i gave up on LTA alr - will share more on this another day.

will work on the rest, as advised.

tks.

Out of curioursity, are you doing a trade in or selling the car to the dealer? If it is a trade in then I hope that you at least have the new car on hand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vt999today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back