• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Prices for Bimmers

Re: Prices for Bimmers

ktnpl;468385 said:
I think screen size is more important. The 4.4" version fills up only half the space and looks odd unlike 8.8" version which fills up the entire space. I think BMW should stick to 8.8" version since display monitor is so cheap now, unless it is a high-end type such as OLED screen. Having said that, the display monitor's quality is pretty good. It has wide viewing angle (without fading) and super bright display. I have to adjust the brightness to minimum otherwise it is a little distracting.

Are the size of screens of 5ers n 3ers the same?... I know that the7ers got a bigger screen

And I really love the new i-drive..... a lot more convenience n functionality

cheers

youkeat;468846 said:
But new car install this n that plus ecu remap, wun void warrantly?

Bro,

Change any part, the warrenty also void for that part... Its a decision you have to make..

Cheers

beembeem;468857 said:
Quite keen on ECU remap, but one of the Bros here did mentioned that it's quite impossible to get close to wat a 320 is having, another 20 ponies more.
1 of the difference btw 318 & 320 is differential air intake (DISA). DISA for both engine has different parts number. Unless DISA is changed & ECU has been properly re-map, it is very hard to get the extra ponies.

davidtch;469222 said:
1 of the difference btw 318 & 320 is differential air intake (DISA). DISA for both engine has different parts number. Unless DISA is changed & ECU has been properly re-map, it is very hard to get the extra ponies.

How much damage r we toking abt wif a DISA change? Even wif the change, possible to get to 156hp? Haha, in dat case costs factored in, mayb more worthwhile to get 320 instead. Jus a thought.

Btw, I'm a newbie and recently heard of the term VANOS. Heard 320 has it n 318 don't, anybody can verifiy?

beembeem;469255 said:
How much damage r we toking abt wif a DISA change? Even wif the change, possible to get to 156hp? Haha, in dat case costs factored in, mayb more worthwhile to get 320 instead. Jus a thought.

Btw, I'm a newbie and recently heard of the term VANOS. Heard 320 has it n 318 don't, anybody can verifiy?
I m not sure what is the cost. IMHO, keep it stock & enjoy ur ride. In 3 - 5 yrs, juz change to 325 to feel the diff btw IL-4 & IL-6.

Actually, it is double vanos, which is cam phasing VVT on both intake & exhaust valve. If 318 don't have double vanos, it is very hard for it to meet the spec output without excessive emission.

youkeat;466396 said:
Just went to test drive the 320i today.
Was offered quite a attractive price... but hesitated becos I wanted to find out from our brothers here.
Anyone just bought a 320i ? Can share with us the price and if there is any freebies throw in ?
Free 1st road tax ? Free 1st yr insurance?

u ask people to share info like price, wat freebies but u never even state wat u offer u got so far. not very the sharing lei...

davidtch;469388 said:
I m not sure what is the cost. IMHO, keep it stock & enjoy ur ride. In 3 - 5 yrs, juz change to 325 to feel the diff btw IL-4 & IL-6.

Actually, it is double vanos, which is cam phasing VVT on both intake & exhaust valve. If 318 don't have double vanos, it is very hard for it to meet the spec output without excessive emission.

Hi,

Txs for the clarification. Yeah, heard dat VANOs would had made it impossible to achieve the actual hp pf a 320.

Haha, I hope it'll be within my means to do dat, change to a 325:D

arowana1;469507 said:
u ask people to share info like price, wat freebies but u never even state wat u offer u got so far. not very the sharing lei...

Hi Bro Arowana1,

FYI : I did reply to all the ppl who PM to me. I just dunoe if its okie to just go public with the price as i am new here. N moreover becos i am using my real name, i dunnoe if its fair to the SE who service me as it was a friend's referral. I did mentioned to all the ppl who pm in my reply to just take it as a reference. I hope u understand my constraint and reservation. If u like to know my offer, pls PM me. Anyway the ppl who PM me told me my offer was normal, not super attractive.
Sorry if it cause any misunderstanding.

Arkantos;468879 said:
Thanxs, bro. Probably collecting next week :)

Congrats again on your delivery next week..... I know the anxiety... but its all worth it.

Remember to post pics....

Cheers

youkeat;469658 said:
Hi Bro Arowana1,

FYI : I did reply to all the ppl who PM to me. I just dunoe if its okie to just go public with the price as i am new here. N moreover becos i am using my real name, i dunnoe if its fair to the SE who service me as it was a friend's referral. I did mentioned to all the ppl who pm in my reply to just take it as a reference. I hope u understand my constraint and reservation. If u like to know my offer, pls PM me. Anyway the ppl who PM me told me my offer was normal, not super attractive.
Sorry if it cause any misunderstanding.

Take it easy bro..... I am pretty sure its just a misunderstanding..... lets enjoy each others company and enjoy our rides....

Cheers

kim_pioneer;470164 said:
Congrats again on your delivery next week..... I know the anxiety... but its all worth it.

Remember to post pics....

Cheers

Collected last Sat aftern. Straight to Infratint to do the solar film. Havnt took any photos yet haha

Faced a problem today. The IU is second generation. Today at White Sands CP, the exit barrier cant read it. Anyone faced this problem at other CP with the new generation IU? Cos CP hvnt upgrade?

Thanxs!

Arkantos;471207 said:
Collected last Sat aftern. Straight to Infratint to do the solar film. Havnt took any photos yet haha

Faced a problem today. The IU is second generation. Today at White Sands CP, the exit barrier cant read it. Anyone faced this problem at other CP with the new generation IU? Cos CP hvnt upgrade?

Thanxs!

My suggestion is this: Don't take chances.... go to any inspection centre to report this. You are lucky its the carpark barrier....if its the CBD's ERP its going to be inconvenient. Plus, it might be your cashcard too. A big batch of cashcard is unstable due to the material used. Its the dark blue cash card that's in question.

Cheers

Luckily my route to work doesnt hv to go thru ERP. That said, will see whether will face the same issue with other CP barriers.

Thought IU can read cashcard means ok liao haha

beembeem;468781 said:
Bro, had the same thought as u when I decide btw a 318 n 320. Decided that I'd keep the 18k for something else, hence bought the 318. Driving it for 3 days, kinda feel it's underpowered. Not sure if it's b'coz I'm not stepping hard enuff or takes a while for it to come to life. Anyone care to comment?

I previously drove the E36 model - 318iS

On power-wise, it was quite adequate for both city and highway driving (even hit 200km/h on the NS Highway) :shakemyb:

Of course, you must be willing to step on it a bit more - beemers rev very nice

kim_pioneer;471263 said:
My suggestion is this: Don't take chances.... go to any inspection centre to report this. You are lucky its the carpark barrier....if its the CBD's ERP its going to be inconvenient. Plus, it might be your cashcard too. A big batch of cashcard is unstable due to the material used. Its the dark blue cash card that's in question.

Cheers
Bro Kim, ppl talk about CP not upgraded to new IU. Not IU spoit la.8)

Yes, u are absolutely correct. It was reported in the newspapers sometime back about the disadvantages of using the new IU. Not the other way around.. apparently...this new IU technology was not matched by "outdated" systems in many car-parks! So good luck to those with new IU's. It looks like at least 6mths to even 1.5 years.. for everyone to catch up.

Nice to look at but - a thorn amongst roses...

davidtch;471613 said:
Bro Kim, ppl talk about CP not upgraded to new IU. Not IU spoit la.8)

Ah Lian;471664 said:
Yes, u are absolutely correct. It was reported in the newspapers sometime back about the disadvantages of using the new IU. Not the other way around.. apparently...this new IU technology was not matched by "outdated" systems in many car-parks! So good luck to those with new IU's. It looks like at least 6mths to even 1.5 years.. for everyone to catch up.

Nice to look at but - a thorn amongst roses...
Confirmed..i read about this news too..better to upgrade later..let them sort out the teething issues..

Arkantos;471429 said:
Luckily my route to work doesnt hv to go thru ERP. That said, will see whether will face the same issue with other CP barriers.

Thought IU can read cashcard means ok liao haha

Hi Arkantos

ST reported that users have to swap between the 2 cards if there is read error. Did u try swapping between cashcard and ezilink card?

ktnpl;471721 said:
Hi Arkantos

ST reported that users have to swap between the 2 cards if there is read error. Did u try swapping between cashcard and ezilink card?

There is no read error for cash card. Hv not tried the ezlink card yet. Today at Compasspoint CP, no problem. Like what the bros has mentioned earlier, not all CPs are upgraded yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whiteislandcharter
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back