• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Prices for Bimmers

Re: Prices for Bimmers

notsogoodman;465412 said:
Sigh, I learned it from you too late!!!

What ride did you buy? Was it a reasonable deal? Either way, everything's finalised so forget about the price and enjoy your ride.

Mod?

Cheers

leebmer;465365 said:
i think the cost of coe is passed almost directly to the consumer..to cushion the high coe, they can offer better freebies or slightly reduce selling price..

They do that for Honda, Nissan, Toyota cos the margin is already very thin but not necessarily for luxury marques. I noticed that PML did try to keep the price stable. When the COE went up a couple of k in April, the offer price is still the same, so I grabbed the deal. Of course they can only absorb to a certain extent before they have to raise the price to maintain their margin.

That's the experience I had when buying a bimmer compared to Nissan and Honda.

kim_pioneer;465770 said:
What ride did you buy? Was it a reasonable deal? Either way, everything's finalised so forget about the price and enjoy your ride.

Mod?

Cheers

i can't buy a bimmer now. :( might be involved in 2 house-shifting in the next 6 months, prob get a cheap n old car to finish house moving first.

i was referring about getting to know about the financial year end thing too late.... it was just over when you told me

notsogoodman;465791 said:
i can't buy a bimmer now. :( might be involved in 2 house-shifting in the next 6 months, prob get a cheap n old car to finish house moving first.

i was referring about getting to know about the financial year end thing too late.... it was just over when you told me

Wao, 2 house in 6 mths.... thats definetely much better than owning a bimmer....at least no depreciation.....

Also did the same thing as you...... refused to change my old Altis for 5 years until I got my 2nd private home.... then go for the e60 instead of something too extravegant... hopefully can have enough to get the third one when the market retraces

If you are not in the hurry, then wait till next May/Jun when the promo starts again

Cheers

kim_pioneer;465819 said:
Wao, 2 house in 6 mths.... thats definetely much better than owning a bimmer....at least no depreciation.....

Also did the same thing as you...... refused to change my old Altis for 5 years until I got my 2nd private home.... then go for the e60 instead of something too extravegant... hopefully can have enough to get the third one when the market retraces

If you are not in the hurry, then wait till next May/Jun when the promo starts again

Cheers

nah, 1 is to move myself, my wife, my girl to another place............ another is to help my parents move...... the last time i moved, my car's boot, bumper, interior plastic, leather scratched like nobody's biz....

hahaha, maybe i will get a cheap drive till next may/june first!!! hahahaaa

notsogoodman;465856 said:
nah, 1 is to move myself, my wife, my girl to another place............ another is to help my parents move...... the last time i moved, my car's boot, bumper, interior plastic, leather scratched like nobody's biz....

hahaha, maybe i will get a cheap drive till next may/june first!!! hahahaaa

Yup a good move bro.... or if the scratches are not too serious... and your current ride is still ok... do an overhual first.... tahan for another 9 - 10 mths and go for the next PML Principle of Joy promotion for your dream ride

BTW, you joining us 2moro? Can bring wifey and girl girl along mah

Cheers

Just went to test drive the 320i today.
Was offered quite a attractive price... but hesitated becos I wanted to find out from our brothers here.
Anyone just bought a 320i ? Can share with us the price and if there is any freebies throw in ?
Free 1st road tax ? Free 1st yr insurance?

youkeat;466396 said:
Was offered quite a attractive price... but hesitated becos I wanted to find out from our brothers here.
Anyone just bought a 320i ? Can share with us the price and if there is any freebies throw in ?

Free road tax --- yes. Free insurance---- no. MSIC(insurance co.) is one of the subsidary of Sime Darby, which owns PML.

You may get freebies like "cool n lite" sun filter, floor mats not much...and if its still on, I think you get 7k discount on top of higher trade-in for your old ride.

Cheers

They will also give you discount vouchers to shop at BM shop, service your ride etc...

I think that's all

kim_pioneer;466276 said:
Yup a good move bro.... or if the scratches are not too serious... and your current ride is still ok... do an overhual first.... tahan for another 9 - 10 mths and go for the next PML Principle of Joy promotion for your dream ride

BTW, you joining us 2moro? Can bring wifey and girl girl along mah

Cheers

thx for the invite bro, got family event to attend
:shakemyb:

notsogoodman;466478 said:
thx for the invite bro, got family event to attend
:shakemyb:

Oh pity. Next round maybe. Will update you on events

Cheers

PML offers 2 variants of the 525i today : standard (with the newer iDrive knob, lights package, etc), and special edition (GPS, active steering, etc).

The special edition is manufactured in 2008 though.

Like to know if what's the best prices currently quoted for these models.

Thanks!

Arkantos;467385 said:
The current 525 rear light is the 5 radial LED light lines?
thats right

spidey833;466980 said:
PML offers 2 variants of the 525i today : standard (with the newer iDrive knob, lights package, etc), and special edition (GPS, active steering, etc).

The special edition is manufactured in 2008 though.

Like to know if what's the best prices currently quoted for these models.

Thanks!

Bro,

The so-call special edition is not worth at all.... GPS lousy....except for active streering with gear shift.... if not, then its the same as the M-aero edition...by the way 2008 edition have no blue tooth, which is worth it.

Cheers

i also looked at both. here are my thoughts:

GPS - just buy a Garmin (cheaper and more up to date maps)
Active Steering - No need unless you are > 60 Yo
Adaptive Headlights - Spore so bright, no need

What i want are Soft close, new idrive, comfort access and save $10K for petrol...kekeke

youkeat;466396 said:

Hi youkeat,

All the free stuff is already added to the selling price....just to make you feel good about the deal, lah. The other thing is that they do not want you to get the insurance from outside.
These are all tricks....
As the saying goes, "buyers beware" slogan.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back