• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Prices for Bimmers

Re: Prices for Bimmers

Tks bros, first time buying, so need to ask alot.
especially so when the price has gone up so much since march.

kwekeroo;467653 said:
i also looked at both. here are my thoughts:

GPS - just buy a Garmin (cheaper and more up to date maps)
Active Steering - No need unless you are > 60 Yo
Adaptive Headlights - Spore so bright, no need

What i want are Soft close, new idrive, comfort access and save $10K for petrol...kekeke

Spot on man...

So bro, you coming down on Sunday?

Cheers

youkeat;467946 said:
Tks bros, first time buying, so need to ask alot.
especially so when the price has gone up so much since march.

Take it easy bro, my current ride also first bimmer.... get what you need most.... and what's best for you.

Like Bro Kwekeroo say...GPS is not necessary....agree

I think the new i-drive is better....although without GPS; but how much does a GPS set cost, not worth lah.

my 2 cents worth

Good luck

Cheers

kim_pioneer;468303 said:
I think the new i-drive is better....although without GPS; but how much does a GPS set cost, not worth lah.

I think screen size is more important. The 4.4" version fills up only half the space and looks odd unlike 8.8" version which fills up the entire space. I think BMW should stick to 8.8" version since display monitor is so cheap now, unless it is a high-end type such as OLED screen. Having said that, the display monitor's quality is pretty good. It has wide viewing angle (without fading) and super bright display. I have to adjust the brightness to minimum otherwise it is a little distracting.

Arkantos;463491 said:
Finally put paid to my car search by putting down the depo yesterday for a E60 525. Thanxs for everyone here who has responded to my enquires.

cheers

Congrats bro :)

XCLR8;462410 said:
placed an order for 318i one week ago but thinking of upgrading to 320i. Does pml offer the same discount for both models or better discount for 320i since it is more expensive. Pls advise as i do not want to be short changed should i decide to upgrade. Tempted by better specs and equipment of 320i after much thoughts but not sure if it is worth 18k. Main draw for me initially is 318i is german made.

Bro, had the same thought as u when I decide btw a 318 n 320. Decided that I'd keep the 18k for something else, hence bought the 318. Driving it for 3 days, kinda feel it's underpowered. Not sure if it's b'coz I'm not stepping hard enuff or takes a while for it to come to life. Anyone care to comment?

Hi beembeem,

probably let the car run in first then see how it goes.........but what do you mean by underpowered? Over taking or?

if you buy a 320i also more or less the same as still 4 cyc unless you buy a 325i with at least 250nm of torque..........vs 318i (180nm) and 320i (200nm)

cheers..........

ac323;468806 said:
Hi beembeem,

probably let the car run in first then see how it goes.........but what do you mean by underpowered? Over taking or?

if you buy a 320i also more or less the same as still 4 cyc unless you buy a 325i with at least 250nm of torque..........vs 318i (180nm) and 320i (200nm)

cheers..........

I'm hoping this's the case. Waiting to run it in, keeping below 3k rev (or 4k rev, not sure ). After dat will try rev harder to compare. When i test drove both, dun seem to make a diff. Mayb i rev both equally hard? Compared with my previous Jap car's power/wt ratio, 318's not as good. HOw's ur consumption so far? Better than a 323 or 325?

Hi beembeem,

FC definitley better than 323i or 325i..............
If not go for a ECU re-mapped, drop in a K&N air-filter and some better plugs....for better response (not making your car fly ok?)

install velocity for better throttle response........

hope this helps.........

cheers......

If worry about warranty, don't install loh.

ECU re-map cannot be detected unless PML check ECU log.

Quite keen on ECU remap, but one of the Bros here did mentioned that it's quite impossible to get close to wat a 320 is having, another 20 ponies more.

Hi beembeem,

so long got improvement.........(MTL)

cheers

Bro ac323,

can PM me whom or workshop for remap n cost of doing it. Had u done it for ur new 318?

Hi beembeem,

PM sent...........

cheers

ac323;468872 said:
Hi beembeem,

PM sent...........

cheers

Hi Bro,

Tried PM u, but not successful.

Txs for the info. I'll probably drive stock for a month or so to experience the "sheer driving pleasure":dance: , as it's my 1st Bimmer.

Still trying to live with a 12km/l to a 6km/l car...hahah.... if gonna increase ponies, how bad is it gg to be, I wonder:huhhuh:

Btw, which shop(s) has a good n reasonably priced selection of rims?

Cheers

Hi Beembeem,

PM sent.........

cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ameliajack
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups