• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

questions about buying new e90

Re: questions about buying new e90

Newcastle;329491 said:
hi. does it means that the $5K is always there for you to assist in purchase?

so suppose I wanna take a loan of $110K and and the car is $131K, can I then need to fork out just $16K assuming the remaining $5k is from the overtrade?

and will prices drop?

yes bro, correct.

check13;329559 said:
yes bro, correct.

hey mate..thanks for the reply....quick concern...any catch to the $5k thingie?

like do they have a higher interest rate for loan? or you got to take 90% loan? or you got to to buy certain colour?

thanks matey. :D

why don't you go down to performance motors and speak to an SE. You will get first hand info then? Up to date info too?

Newcastle;329644 said:
hey mate..thanks for the reply....quick concern...any catch to the $5k thingie?

like do they have a higher interest rate for loan? or you got to take 90% loan? or you got to to buy certain colour?

thanks matey. :D

no condition to the overtrade of 5k.

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread but I am interested in getting a Beemer from PML. Any advice on the bargaining process and the types of freebies I can expect to obtain from the Sales personnel? I.e. V-Kool film, BMW Service Inclusive etc.

Many thanks in advance.

hi all.. went down to see the 525.. its a year old.. thats right.. but my mum got the figures all wrong! the 128k was meant to be for a 323 with less than 5k km on the clock.. the 525 is going for 175k.. it has full AC Schnitzer and M5 rims.. car has been lowered as well.. i think the suspension setup was changed by the previous owner as well.. saw it at ctbercars btw.. not interested in it after he told me its 175k.. lol

anyhow, i then went to VW and wanted to test drive the GTI, but was told that since i'm under 24, i cannot test drive it, so that car is out of the question as well.. then went over to Audi to test drive the a3 1.8T.. I seem to like how the car drives, but 1 thing about the car is the road noise.. seems to make the car feel cheaper than it is.. anyone has any views on the a3?

I'll be going to test drive the c180 this weekend if i'm free..

c'mon not a supercharged 4-cyl... since you're now open to other marques try the new A4, it's supposed to be the best car in its class.

fasterthanferrari;329948 said:
The A4 looks outdated lah. C class means Chio.

A4 looks outdated ?

DUH.....have you seen the NEW B9 A4 with the LED day lights and aggressive front spoiler ?

it looks super modern ! my E90 looks dated next to the A4 !!

ClemZ;329958 said:
A4 looks outdated ?

DUH.....have you seen the NEW B9 A4 with the LED day lights and aggressive front spoiler ?

Yupyup, the new A4 looks good man! Especially the interior, sibeh swee man!

Geez;329781 said:
I'll be going to test drive the c180 this weekend if i'm free..

u should try c200 or a4 (new)

delrosa81;329964 said:
Yupyup, the new A4 looks good man! Especially the interior, sibeh swee man!
New A4 has improved interior a bit. Previously the inside looks like a copy of some cheap family sedan.

JuzMe;329984 said:
New A4 has improved interior a bit. Previously the inside looks like a copy of some cheap family sedan.
man .... that's a totally different perception than mine... the A4 interior has always looked good.

ClemZ;329958 said:
A4 looks outdated ?

It's B8 not B9. Unless you just came back from the future. :lol2:

rkrskr;329758 said:
Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread but I am interested in getting a Beemer from PML. Any advice on the bargaining process and the types of freebies I can expect to obtain from the Sales personnel? I.e. V-Kool film, BMW Service Inclusive etc.

Many thanks in advance.

For all my cars, I don squeeze for any freebies, I will ask them for cash rebates. Cash and I use it to do whatever I like. Normally freebies like solar films, they would use those cheapo films, etc.

I had an A3 before. It is not a bad car. I agree that the road noise is a bit on the high side. But, having driven a 320i for the last 6 months, i find the road noise also going higher. So i think it is a factor of getting used to. If you have a SPL meter, bring it along your next test. That will give you some scientific data.

The Audi's fitting is way way better than Beemer (or honda). i drove my hard for 3 years, not a creak. my 320i, after 2 months, creaks start setting in. My wife complains that it is sounding like a taxi when travelling at below 40kph. I was told that after the leather soften, it will be better. I am over 100kg, i don't see how come i need more than 6 months to soften leather!

Having driven both (actually all 3), i find the drive better in the 320. I feel more control and stability in it. The A3 is not bad, but handling is just not as good, or not as sharp. I don't know why delrosa says that the Civic 2.0 handles better than the 320. I find the car rattle like it was going to break apart, even though at 180kph, the car feels like it still has a long way to go... at 180kph, the 320 and the A3 feels like not much is left in the engine.

In terms of safety, well i am sure a lot of cars has a lot of test being done. And the rating form EUROCAP definitly means something. But i know the beemer has been tried and tested before. Delrosa crashed and totalled hsi car, walking away with some bruises. A close family member crashed and totalled his car and also walked away with bruises. Well, maybe a volvo is safer, or a landrover.... but i know, the Beemer has been tested before, and proven to work.

My gut feel about what car to buy:-
1) if you are already considering a beemer, you probably will not be satisfied by a Civic, assuming that paper president is not a concern for both.

2) 4 pot or 6 pot, there maybe vast difference in the 2, and there is always something better. You need to start somewhere i guess.

3) I used to think a 320 will give me a 'better' prestige. But honestly, these day, there seems to be as many 320 as Altis. Ok, this is an lie... but i was doing a road test jsut 2 weeks ago. i counted, along exeter road, 30 "2 litres cars" that went pass me at 7pm in the evening, there were 7 "320". 10 Camry, and the rest was shared by other brands. It is becoming common. Which is good for resellers.

4) Nowadays, people change car every 3 to 5 years. If there is no issue, go buy a A3 or a 320. Try it out. If you don't like, 3 years time, switch back to a Civic... not much issue. it is a big commitment, but it is not something i want to lose sleep over.

5) don't buy a silver car.

henry2703;338147 said:
The Audi's fitting is way way better than Beemer (or honda). i drove my hard for 3 years, not a creak. my 320i, after 2 months, creaks start setting in. My wife complains that it is sounding like a taxi when travelling at below 40kph. I was told that after the leather soften, it will be better. I am over 100kg, i don't see how come i need more than 6 months to soften leather!

This one I agree, mine 320 creaking all over the place.

henry2703;338147 said:
Having driven both (actually all 3), i find the drive better in the 320. I feel more control and stability in it. The A3 is not bad, but handling is just not as good, or not as sharp. I don't know why delrosa says that the Civic 2.0 handles better than the 320. I find the car rattle like it was going to break apart, even though at 180kph, the car feels like it still has a long way to go... at 180kph, the 320 and the A3 feels like not much is left in the engine.

Hmmm I don feel like its handling is better but high speed stability seems better. Its been sometime since I last drove a civic, but if my memory serves me correctly which Im pretty sure, the cabin seems calmer than the 320. Yeah the civic FD 2.0 hits 180 easily.

henry2703;338147 said:
5) don't buy a silver car.

Alamak bro don like that leh, I totalled my car, I got back another 320 and I got back the same colour, Silver :lol2:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back