RE: Throttle Body Device

Re: Throttle Body Device

Hi pingpong! I am that dude in the other thread that said got 2 versions to the device.

This is wat i said: "If i am not mistaken, the guy at the workshop told me got two types available. The "hiong" one and the "less hiong" one. The former will cause the pedal to be more sensitive, thus the impression of more power and more immediate response. However, the downside is that upshifts and downshifts will be more jerky and the ride will be less smooth.

I opted for the "less hiong" version (both should be the same price) which gives the same impression that the car is faster and more responsive, even though no bhp is gained. For that, I got a smoother overall ride but not as "powerful" a response, yet still totally adequate feeling that my humble 320i has been upgraded to a 325i."

I am quite clueless about e technical aspect of stuff la... perhaps pingman, u can call BMWorkshop and look for Michael and get a full explanation on the two versions.

colrc said:
Hey White,
Can keep price promotional?
Is this your new e60 bimmer with the fake or real M5 intake? 21 inch wheels? Wow!

Yeah that will be good if the price can be at 'promo' rate but well...:(

wow! I am surprised this thread is still alive! :laughlik: It's probably gonna be the longest threat in this forum... woohoo!

Anyway, i installed the sprint throttle device back in January and are still very much amazed by it till this day!

Wilson bro, thanks for introducing this little thingy to me man! You make me fell in love with my ride all over again... :inlove:

can someone PM me the promotional price? i want to see how much i have "lost". :)

Ai ya bro, Different kwee chap kor naih, par yiu poon bo kau.
Cheers

Fix already at J4C. no chance to really try it yet.

based on my 10 mins of driving, i no longer need to step on the accelerator and hold there. Most of the time due to the heavy traffic in singapore, i have to step let go , step let go.

Along PIE, a slight depress will cause the car to travel at 100 to 110kmh @ 2500rpm.

Still not use to it yet. can see i accidenally rev to 6000rpm a few times. ha

I am still trying to understand what's going on. So basically, the extra pick-up is coming from the throttle response which tells the engine to rev up to higher rpm. The higher rpm delivers more torque. But the max bhp and max torque of the engine stays the same. Am I right so far? Isn't that the same principle behind the sports mode? And the higher rpm should consume more fuel, yet someone in the forum said that fuel consumption over time remained the same. How?

Sports mode means the gear holds longer at each gear. For throttle device, it simply makes the throttle more sensitive. Maybe step 5 degrees on the throttle after installation is like 15 degrees on the throttle before installation. So you will get the sensation that car is more responsive to your right leg. No bhp/torque gains.

Hi Bro

Can anyone tell me how much to install this sprint booster now? It seems to be very popular among the E90 320 owner. Anyone has any new feedback after using it for some time?

Have fixed this device on my E39 and the feeling is really good. Wife actually asked if her Honda can fix one.

Anyway, have change my E39 to the latest 523 LCI. Can this device still work on the new car?

Regards,

I m very interested in this Sprint Booster. which started tis thread years ago .
Can any one tell me where to install & how much & any side effect on engine(besides being caught by TP). Just got an e90 2 mths ago, tats why so mountain tortise!!

black_cat;208604 said:
Have fixed this device on my E39 and the feeling is really good. Wife actually asked if her Honda can fix one.

Anyway, have change my E39 to the latest 523 LCI. Can this device still work on the new car?

Regards,

Confirm fit bro!!! It's plug & play!!!

Congrats & welcome to the E60 family!!!!

Cheers

'The Great White'

You can go to BVO or Just for cars and their addresses are in the Resource folder.

Works wonders for my 1.8 ton 7 series. I have asked this before but gotten no advise so far....How about Jap cars. Can fit or not?

yky;231064 said:
Works wonders for my 1.8 ton 7 series. I have asked this before but gotten no advise so far....How about Jap cars. Can fit or not?

Certain jap cars can fit. Depending on model.

Can pm me the damage. For E90 and Subaru Legacy 08 model, Thks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downloadvntest
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back