RE: Throttle Body Device

Re: Throttle Body Device

BlackStealth said:
However, I would like to point out that a 1000bhp Toyota Supra is a force to be reckon with. Yes, from stock, its no big deal. But tuning it to 1000 bhp is a engineering marvel in its own right.

Indeed an engineering marvel. No doubt. But if you were to consider how it is done and the reliability issues. I used to own one heavily modded but nowhere near 1000 rwhp (last dyno without NOS was 630ish rwhp). The only way to do it in S.california then, was to use cheap cast and shorter connecting rods, stacked gaskets, CNC-milled a big hole into the pistons, (CR dropped to 6:1), run 1.8Bar boost from a huge IHI turbo and lots of other stuff to keep temp down. Perhaps I did it the wrong way or I just can't drive a car properly. The engine blown a couple of times with the chassis twisted. I was once ricey (in my opinion) because I thought BHP was all there is to motoring. I realised I was wrong when my first bimmer arrived and I started tracking it. A reliable, nimble car with adequate power is more important than having a 1.6 ton 1000HP PIG that laps about the same time as a Nissan Sunny Stock, same driver.

Look at the Formula(restricted), Leman, GT cars. How much HP?

BlackStealth said:
So its not from a white man continental country, but from a yellow skined rice eating land of the rising sun. But, that doesnt make it any less superior. I am saying this because many people have used this word `rice car` as a form of slapstick critizism. - generally used as a negative impression towards asian engineering. Its been emphasised alot by many Americans in their hot rods mustangs and Corvettes after being eaten up by Evos and Wrxs. So they are made by Japanese, but they are no slow moving vehicles and handling performance are no push aside either.

Perhaps I am wrong in my understanding of the word "rice". To my understanding American cars, German cars, Russian cars... any car that involves strictly in drag racing, straight line acceleration, sticker pasting etc... is called rice.

BlackStealth said:
I can see that you are a big conti car fan. And for some of its reasons, I can agree. But please, if you can , try to give a little credit to well tuned japanese monster rather than just calling them RICE. If you are asian, the more you should try to refrain from using this term. If you are caucasian... good luck to you :)

Don't get me wrong for the negative comments, poorly constructed messages. I apologise again. I am not a pro-continental or anti-japanese car person. I just love well-engineered cars, NSX for one is a dream car. I am simply stating the facts. Sorry again. :oops:

I think those who buy this device knows what it does to their car... Ask Wilson or ask BVO, they never cheat to you and say it can improve BHP, what they are going to tell you is that it accentuates the acceleration signal and feed to ecu. SO since its all clarified, what people want to do to their own car is their own business. Just like all other MODs...

prob you should not just come in and condamn the device, but give your comment or view in a proper manner. Besides, have u tried the device before. Look at all the positive comments above u, a huge 250+ of them

Allan said:
CGT,

You seem to appologise a lot ya.

Thus enough said!

Thanks for your reply. Apologizing is the first step to get myself out of this petty thread combat and for any disagreement or disrespect that I may have unwittingly created against wilman2772, BlackStealth (and a couple of others who have chipped in meaningfully).

The nay-sayers though, have tanker-loads of venom ready to inject in an anti-intellectual tedium, childish things like calling you a “kay-po”. There is no sufficient reward to once again, wade into a discussion dominated by know-it-alls whose idea of a discussion must be single-opinioned.

It's all so deja-vu from a time when the first “electric supercharger” was introduced. So much initial hype, so many people swearing by it. Fortunately, soon enough we learn that it is nothing but a warmed over, thrift-store-worn concepts being trotted out.

Enough said. I am out of this thread.

Cheers!

CGT, the only thing you'll see more of is quick throttle opening enrichment which is standard. The fact that with this device, some may need to require a true thottle position of low and high in order to arrive at the average, means slightly raised fuel consumption for similar acceleration. How aggressive the electronic motion ratio is between the pedal and the butterfly, and how adaptable the driver is will determine how much of this needless rich condition for the required
acceleration occurs.

I agree that track driving throttle precision will be reduced, but whether it is to the point of affecting vehicle balance is again motion ratio and driver dependant.

Yes your Supra engine was built wrong. Custom forged or billet rods are always an option, as are forged pistons. Piston deck thickness should be determined by piston company according to application and your own aggressive milling should never be carried out unless a blank pad is left there by the company specifically for you to machine. Even then the radial and axial limits of the cut have to be specified by them based on knowledge of forging design. Gaskets should never be stacked, gaskets of custom thickness are available. At four digit power levels these things should be a given.

Hi guys,

Please keep all personal comments out of this thread.

I would like to stress that if you don't like what is being posted, you can

1. Reply objectively, and agree to disagree.
2. Report it to the admins, if you feel what is said is a personal comment and non-related to the topic.
3. Don't post, reply or argue your way out in it. Just ignore it and move on.

Everyone will have their own side of the camp, but arguing and flaming their way out is NOT a solution.

I have taken the liberty to edit the content of the last 3 pages. Please do not make us do it again.

Any more personal comments / attacks / OTs will be deleted without warning or notice.

With regards to Shaun and CGT, do start another thread with regards to your topic. Thanks.

Shaun said:
CGT, the only thing you'll see more of is quick throttle opening enrichment which is standard. The fact that with this device, some may need to require a true thottle position of low and high in order to arrive at the average, means slightly raised fuel consumption for similar acceleration. How aggressive the electronic motion ratio is between the pedal and the butterfly, and how adaptable the driver is will determine how much of this needless rich condition for the required
acceleration occurs.

I agree that track driving throttle precision will be reduced, but whether it is to the point of affecting vehicle balance is again motion ratio and driver dependant.

Ryan is this not directly related to TB device and its effects? It makes up the majority of the post.

the throttle body device sounds great!!

wilson, maybe i should get one.. hmm..

cheers,
saify.

Shaun said:
Ryan is this not directly related to TB device and its effects? It makes up the majority of the post.
I was refering to the Supra engine bit.

Will PM you more info later.

Ok. Installed this Sprint Booster on my E39....

Initial acceleration had definitely improved with lighter touch of the accelerator pedal. The car is more fun to drive as I don't need to floor the pedal to get the acceleration (ie. less tiring on the right foot). I guess this gadget kinda boost the signal from the accelerator pedal and get the engine to rev at higher RPM earlier. Expect lots of spinning needles and redlining (esp if in Sports mode).

As for some bro's concern of jerky ride and quick acceleration burst, unless your babies are TC or SC, that should not be a big concern. I had no problem getting a smooth ride and controlling the acceleration.

Forgot to add.... Now, Fun Factor = Fun Factor x 10

: )

heard its good stuff but sadly i cant have it on my car.....mine is not wire.....

my comments = bang for buck.....

throttle response is indeed important and this stuf helps....

good mod ..... Thumbs up!

Had mine installed for a while now and had used it for a few full tank refilled.

Getting used to it now and fuel consumption going back to similar state before the installation of the device..... like some guys mentioned, it all depends on your driving style. If drive hard, the fuel consumption goes up slightly due to the heavy right foot. If drive normally with only Singapore roads, i.e. traffic jams in CTE/PIE (tried just recently with one full tank) with the device, my e60 can clock more than 500km still.

Based on the iDrive calculation, I believe the new figures with the device is similar to that without the device.

So far, the drive is still as smooth as before the installation. No jerks, no problems whatsoever. Even if driving upslope, e.g. up the carpark exit to pay carpark charges, no problem with the control if you step the accelerator carefully. Like I said, no jerks.

The problem with this device is that you cannot step the accelerator softly for too long.... cos the feeling of the power is just too strong to resist...... and there goes your fuel consumption again!:yummie:

Hi Guys, after reading through a few posts, I also thought of installing one. BTW, what is the cost? Where is it installed in the car? Where to buy and installed it? Take how long to install? E90 model ok? Any warranty issue with PML? Some of the questions may have been answered somewhere in the thread but can someone do a summary. Thanks in advance.

SFW said:
Hi Guys, after reading through a few posts, I also thought of installing one. BTW, what is the cost? Where is it installed in the car? Where to buy and installed it? Take how long to install? E90 model ok? Any warranty issue with PML? Some of the questions may have been answered somewhere in the thread but can someone do a summary. Thanks in advance.

U can get it from BVO (Tel: 6455-1566) located at Sin Ming. Shd be $300plus to $400 range. Takes a couple of minutes to install only. U might to try to ask if u can try it for a short drive first. Shdn't void warranty. If making claim from PML, can always take it out first. Can be installed on E90.

T6 said:
U can get it from BVO (Tel: 6455-1566) located at Sin Ming. Shd be $300plus to $400 range. Takes a couple of minutes to install only. U might to try to ask if u can try it for a short drive first. Shdn't void warranty. If making claim from PML, can always take it out first. Can be installed on E90.

Thank you for your input. BTW, where is it install in the car? Appreciate your reply again.

Guys!

Benard just inform me that the new price will be S$420 with installation from 1st April onwards!!!!

So those who are on the list & still haven't install, pls come down to BVO & get it done!!

Those units are reserved under this list & still at the introductory price of S$380 with installation.

Mai Tu liao!!!! Chop Chop Kari Pok!!

'The Great White'

OK... Feedback on FC.... I have a very heavy right foot, born that way, bo bian... : P

When I first installed the device, the FC was at 2.5 km/l for a while.... Yes, I was shocked too. After driving the car for a while, I noticed the slowly FC increasing back to about 7+km/l, close to my FC before the device.

I noticed now I tend to have shorter periods of pedal pressing compared to before when I have to floor it and hold for a few seconds. I believe there is more time during my driving that my right is off the pedal and cruise. Guess this compensates for the high FC when the pedal is depressed now.

just wondering will the divice be as useful for a manual compare to an auto?

i'm sorry but cant a piggy back ecu tune the throttle butterfly ? i find it a little pricey for that simple small divice... just my 2cents...

Just to add to all the good responses...
Recently had been driving around with some of my frens, all manual cars....feels fuckdap that an auto car does have some lag in response, my babe was refusing to listern to me. so I dropped by BVO today with big heart, went straight to Bernard. Initially when i see the Sprint Booster, my heart sank a bit. But after 5 minutes he asked me to take a spin. It was raining...but i can feel the effect already.
Biting my teeth i said i take it. Went for some 'spiritual' driving just now......THUMBS UP!!! Now my car really feels like a SPORTS version. was driving with my friends just now...NO PROBLEM!!
Yes, do expect more red line and agressive sound.
I would strongly recommend to people who just like their auto cars to be more responsive

Sigh...this tank of fuel is going to be bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alo789mx
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back