RE: Throttle Body Device

Re: Throttle Body Device

marcong77 said:
Just to add to all the good responses...
Recently had been driving around with some of my frens, all manual cars....feels fuckdap that an auto car does have some lag in response, my babe was refusing to listern to me. so I dropped by BVO today with big heart, went straight to Bernard. Initially when i see the Sprint Booster, my heart sank a bit. But after 5 minutes he asked me to take a spin. It was raining...but i can feel the effect already.
Biting my teeth i said i take it. Went for some 'spiritual' driving just now......THUMBS UP!!! Now my car really feels like a SPORTS version. was driving with my friends just now...NO PROBLEM!!
Yes, do expect more red line and agressive sound.
I would strongly recommend to people who just like their auto cars to be more responsive

Sigh...this tank of fuel is going to be bad.

Haha.... so much fun for just a few hundred dollars.... worth it right?

Anyway, our Bimmers by default already not fuel efficient. So dun bother lah.... if not change to hybrid car better.....

: )

marcong77 said:
Just to add to all the good responses...
Recently had been driving around with some of my frens, all manual cars....feels fuckdap that an auto car does have some lag in response, my babe was refusing to listern to me. so I dropped by BVO today with big heart, went straight to Bernard. Initially when i see the Sprint Booster, my heart sank a bit. But after 5 minutes he asked me to take a spin. It was raining...but i can feel the effect already.
Biting my teeth i said i take it. Went for some 'spiritual' driving just now......THUMBS UP!!! Now my car really feels like a SPORTS version. was driving with my friends just now...NO PROBLEM!!
Yes, do expect more red line and agressive sound.
I would strongly recommend to people who just like their auto cars to be more responsive

Sigh...this tank of fuel is going to be bad.

Glad that U like this little gadget!!

Thanks for the feedback too!!

Enjoy bro!!

'The Great White'

SFW said:
..... Take how long to install? E90 model ok? Any warranty issue with PML? Some of the questions may have been answered somewhere in the thread but can someone do a summary. Thanks in advance.

No problem with PML. I went in with the Throttle Device in my 7er. CSA drive my car and ask if i have installed the throttle device. i said yes and there is no further KPKB from them at all.

hope this helps.

pingman said:
No problem with PML. I went in with the Throttle Device in my 7er. CSA drive my car and ask if i have installed the throttle device. i said yes and there is no further KPKB from them at all.

hope this helps.

Wah!!! PML also know about this ah??? :lol2:

They must luv it rite??? Can gun customer's car when testing the cars.....:lol2:

'The Great White'

wilman2772 said:
Wah!!! PML also know about this ah??? :lol2:

They must luv it rite??? Can gun customer's car when testing the cars.....:lol2:

'The Great White'

Now I wonder why BMW set their throttle like this in the first place..... it's really not that diff to set it more responsive, right?

Hi Guys,

Just a little report on the fuel consumption after a few months since the installation of the device.

This is after the installation of the hurricane filter on my e60 523i.

Travelling daily from home to work to home from north via SLE, CTE and some city roads. Best average consumption around 10L (with some overtaking everyday). Worst so far with lots of dashing, average around 13L.

Think it is now quite the same as before the installtion of the device. Like I said, power at your control now.... if you need it, step on the accelerator and the car will just chiong (with some sacrifice in fuel consumption). But think it is still better than my previous car (Galant) with less power and higher fuel consumption.

For the rest of the bros here who have not installed it, go for it! :)

Any master can guide me how to install it DIY in my E60?Through a friend of mine I manage to buy one from BVO today.I am now waiting for her to send me the Throttle Device in Ipoh.I have been waited so long to have one because of the distance.Cant wait any longer already. Thanks in advance.

i saw ah wee from bvo did it in 3 minutes. not sure if its the same on e60 but its very easily done on e65. use alan key then unscrew 1 screw on the throttle pedal. then unplug the electrical connector to disconnect the pedal from the connector. insert the booster in between.

Hi cyberez,

Congrats on getting this device. You will be amazed by its ability to make the car feels it has 500cc more despite it actually not giving any more power in reality.
Installation is quite easy as Pingman says. Unscrew the accelerator assembly from the car floor. Only 1 screw. The whole mechanism can be mobilised and unplug the accelerator wire plug from its socket in the car's firewall. Put the device between the original plug and socket. Screw back the accelerator assembly to the car floor and that's it.

thats it?seems like quite simple and no problem install it myself.thank you so much.i will install asap when it arrived.will feedback ........tqtq

cyberez said:
thats it?seems like quite simple and no problem install it myself.thank you so much.i will install asap when it arrived.will feedback ........tqtq
YAp... I think your friend just got it for you today. Just be careful with the pins inside the booster connector. There's a "male" & "female" side. Careful not to bend the pins when plugging in. Enjoy!!!

Ernest29 said:
YAp... I think your friend just got it for you today. Just be careful with the pins inside the booster connector. There's a "male" & "female" side. Careful not to bend the pins when plugging in. Enjoy!!!

Bro, please stop your chicken from spinning!!!

I see until giddy liao!!!

2moro must claim kopi from u liao!!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

For those who're reading this thread & still hesitating.......sigh......

U dun know how much fun u're missing!!

'The Great White'

Dear Brothers,

Please allow me to give my two cents worth as I am one of those who bought the gadget after trying. It's called a sprint booster and it's actually a cable like thingie with a plug and socket on separate ends and attached to the accelerator. Gives the car significant improvement in throttle response. It does not improve your horses or torque, just the response time from your accelerator. Quite ironical rite? got to lengthen the cable to reduce the response time?!! Anyway, the improvement is felt almost immediately and i could not resist the temptation. I feel that it does not behave like Sports mode, but rather more on throttle responsiveness. You got to try to understand what I am talking about. Anyway, Bernard is so confident about the product that he is willing to fix you up for a ride. No obligations he claims, but what the heck? I bought it after trying. Quite amazing for a product that small. He said that the first batch (Feb 06) was sold for $380, but i bought mine for $420 (2nd batch or so he claims). Please let me know if you get it any cheaper. (Go down and bang table)HAHAHA.

Anyway, i am contemplating between having a drop in hurricane filter or a cold air intake. Any expert advise? Ciao

Remund

Remund Koh said:
Dear Brothers,

Please allow me to give my two cents worth as I am one of those who bought the gadget after trying. It's called a sprint booster and it's actually a cable like thingie with a plug and socket on separate ends and attached to the accelerator. Gives the car significant improvement in throttle response. It does not improve your horses or torque, just the response time from your accelerator. Quite ironical rite? got to lengthen the cable to reduce the response time?!! Anyway, the improvement is felt almost immediately and i could not resist the temptation. I feel that it does not behave like Sports mode, but rather more on throttle responsiveness. You got to try to understand what I am talking about. Anyway, Bernard is so confident about the product that he is willing to fix you up for a ride. No obligations he claims, but what the heck? I bought it after trying. Quite amazing for a product that small. He said that the first batch (Feb 06) was sold for $380, but i bought mine for $420 (2nd batch or so he claims). Please let me know if you get it any cheaper. (Go down and bang table)HAHAHA.

Anyway, i am contemplating between having a drop in hurricane filter or a cold air intake. Any expert advise? Ciao

Remund

Hey how come $420? I am keen but y is the 2nd batch more ex than the first? Unless of course there is a difference but if not...

Hi,
With that kind of responds & improvement, I sincerely felt it worth my every cents.
Cheerssss

Tonyhawk said:
Hey how come $420? I am keen but y is the 2nd batch more ex than the first? Unless of course there is a difference but if not...

1st batch was promotional pricing. That's why on 50 units came in & completely sold out.

2nd batch is the actual price.

Cheers

'The Great White'

Hey White,
Can keep price promotional?
Is this your new e60 bimmer with the fake or real M5 intake? 21 inch wheels? Wow!

colrc said:
Hey White,
Can keep price promotional?
Is this your new e60 bimmer with the fake or real M5 intake? 21 inch wheels? Wow!

Sorri, price is not control by me. Please check with BVO.

The pic in my sig is not my car.

Wat is 'fake or real M5 intake' that U were asking?

BTW, my Maya rims are only 20" not 21"

'The Great White'

I had my installed yesterday and think that it is a fantastic mod. Another friend of mine had his done and he's in love with it.... Basically, it increases response (and FC) and gives the false perception of driving a V8, but in my personal opinion, a similar feeling could be attained by stepping a little harder. However, less effort+more power = SHOIK.... hence, the beauty of this device. Just helps a little with the lower rpm range....

Fantastic!

After you have the sprint booster for several months. the fuel consumption will get to its normal again. i did 600km per full tank on caltex platinum. but the more power feeling is gone now since i have got used to it already.

some dude in another thread said there is a more 'hiong' version. can anyone confirm this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downloadvntest
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back