RE: Throttle Body Device

Re: Throttle Body Device

VenomX2 said:
Can I test the throttle body device too. :)

Yup, for 10~15mins!

'The Great White'

rex7_vtec said:
Will contact you when I get back this weekend!

Cheers

Yes Sir!!

'The Great White'

wilman2772 said:
Do you have electronic 'fly-by-wire' throttle??

'The Great White'

Nope. I think is fly by throttle cable. But logically speaking, a more acute angle on the pulley would induce positive exponential movement too, on the throttle butterfly, which has a throttle position sensor. makes sense?

ok, so much for discussions. Appears that this device does have a definite positive effect on throttle response.

So, any idea if it is 'commercially' available at BVO or for that matter, in any of the other usual local BMW tuners, now?

yky said:
ok, so much for discussions. Appears that this device does have a definite positive effect on throttle response.

So, any idea if it is 'commercially' available at BVO or for that matter, in any of the other usual local BMW tuners, now?

Nope! Only BVO distribute this for BMWs.

Stock is not in yet & U can't get it anywhere else.

Go & try!

'The Great White'

opvaulet said:
Nope. I think is fly by throttle cable. But logically speaking, a more acute angle on the pulley would induce positive exponential movement too, on the throttle butterfly, which has a throttle position sensor. makes sense?

That's cable, by tightening the cable gives you slightly faster & sharper response.

This electronic gadget does more......it's NOT A PULLEY!!!!!

kekeke

'The Great White'

OK then, guess will have to wait for BVO to get the stocks. Sounds like this is what every automatic car needs. Can't wait.

It was mentioned earlier that it could be fitted into E46, 39, 60, 65, etc .... So, any idea if this is a 'universal' gadget that fits all these BM models or different ones are needed for different BM models?

yky said:
OK then, guess will have to wait for BVO to get the stocks. Sounds like this is what every automatic car needs. Can't wait.

It was mentioned earlier that it could be fitted into E46, 39, 60, 65, etc .... So, any idea if this is a 'universal' gadget that fits all these BM models or different ones are needed for different BM models?

It's universal for all BM models with electronic throttle!

Stock that's arriving only got 20 sets. So far 16 taken up liao.....forum guys & BVO's own customers...

Cheers

'The Great White'

Confirm ordering!!

1. wilman2772 x1
2. Silver31 x1
3. Rastaman x1
4. Leean x1
5. 1628 x1
6. gp x1
7. fifty-five x1
8. dino x1
9. Blackstealth x1
10. Dave x1
11. Kai x1

Can't remember the rest....pls help me fill up the blanks above....paiseh....

Tentative/Interested

1. yogi_lite
2. ykh1
3. Golfer
4. snowman
5. ACS CAB 3
6. rex7_vtec
7. VenomX2

Cheers

'The Great White'

for non drive-by-wire cars, you can tighten the throttle cable with the attached knob near the throttle butterfly for a tighter response. I did that for my Z3.

as for signal augmentation, i wonder if it can be disconnected temporarily for track since minute adjustability (especially for heel-toe blipping, powering out of corners)might be compromised?

Ah, so it is not for drive by cable cars.

Drive by cable - eccentric pulley (mechanical)
Drive by wire - potentiometers. (electronic)

1. wilman2772 x1
2. Silver31 x1
3. Rastaman x1
4. Leean x1
5. 1628 x1
6. gp x1
7. fifty-five x1
8. dino x1
9. Blackstealth x1
10. Dave x1
11. Kai x1

Tentative/Interested

1. yogi_lite
2. ykh1
3. Golfer
4. snowman
5. ACS CAB 3
6. rex7_vtec
7. VenomX2
8. B_73_M

Ya Boy, if i know i will drive off & soooong for few days oso.

Confirm Ordering!!!

1. wilman2772 x1
2. Silver31 x1
3. Rastaman x1
4. Leean x1
5. 1628 x1
6. gp x1
7. fifty-five x1
8. dino x1
9. Blackstealth x1
10. Dave x1
11. CAESARSLIM x1

Tentative/Interested

1. yogi_lite
2. ykh1
3. Golfer
4. snowman
5. ACS CAB 3
6. rex7_vtec
7. VenomX2
8. B_73_M

SUB-ZERO!!

Where are you???

Driving round S'pore now ah???

'The Great White'

wilman2772 said:
SUB-ZERO!!

Where are you???

Driving round S'pore now ah???

'The Great White'

I'm here!!!

Wow great stuff! My initial reaction was... feels like before I changed to 18" rims. Kick down was immediate whereas before was like step, hold, then kick down. Now, blib the throttle a bit and kick down immediately.

I know this electronic thingy doesn't increase power in anyway but it sure does makes the engine feels more powerful due to it's responsiveness.

Must admit that I was rather sceptical initially, but was curious and since was in the neighbourhood and a bit itchy backside, I went to try it out. Certainly time not wasted!!

The real test will be when I return the thingy tomorrow morning, will I have withdrawal symptoms. Like Wilson said, try is free, after that once hooked, that's it.

Confirm Ordering!!!

1. wilman2772 x1
2. Silver31 x1
3. Rastaman x1
4. Leean x1
5. 1628 x1
6. gp x1
7. fifty-five x1
8. dino x1
9. Blackstealth x1
10. Dave x1
11. CAESARSLIM x1
12. Subzero x1

Tentative/Interested

1. yogi_lite
2. ykh1
3. Golfer
4. snowman
5. ACS CAB 3
6. rex7_vtec
7. VenomX2
8. B_73_M

SubZero said:
I'm here!!!

Wow great stuff! My initial reaction was... feels like before I changed to 18" rims. Kick down was immediate whereas before was like step, hold, then kick down. Now, blib the throttle a bit and kick down immediately.

I know this electronic thingy doesn't increase power in anyway but it sure does makes the engine feels more powerful due to it's responsiveness.

Must admit that I was rather sceptical initially, but was curious and since was in the neighbourhood and a bit itchy backside, I went to try it out. Certainly time not wasted!!

The real test will be when I return the thingy tomorrow morning, will I have withdrawal symptoms. Like Wilson said, try is free, after that once hooked, that's it.

Hahahaha, told U!!!

Dam good to feel like you're back on 16" wer actually U're on 18s right??

It's even more responsive than you were on 16s actually!!

Alittle tap on the throttle & the car is telling U 'let me go, let me go!!!!' & not depressing the throttle more than 50% & U asking your car to 'come on....let's get going....'

:lol2:

Lucky U to try this for the whole nite.....kekeke

U tried, U believed.....thanks for the review bro!

U will have the withdrawal syndrome once u return it in the morning....trust me!!

I've been suffering from it for a week liao.....sigh....

'The Great White'

Confirm Ordering!!!

1. wilman2772 x1
2. Silver31 x1
3. Rastaman x1
4. Leean x1
5. 1628 x1
6. gp x1
7. fifty-five x1
8. dino x1
9. Blackstealth x1
10. Dave x1
11. CAESARSLIM x1
12. ykh1 x 1

Tentative/Interested

1. yogi_lite
3. Golfer
4. snowman
5. ACS CAB 3
6. rex7_vtec
7. VenomX2
8. B_73_M

After reading all the review here....i believe the thing should be "SUPER".....so I will make
a confirm ordering....dun wan 2 miss out the good stuff...since only got 20 set....hehee..

Bro Wilson....last saturday i suppose to test it at BVO....but after the car servicing...i run out of time...didn't manage to try it..........but I will put my name in the CONFIRM ORDERING.........I WAN IT....EVEN WITHOUT TESTING......

just wonder the "Throttle" still available for testing??? if yes....could I go dwn to BVO 2morrow for testing........just wan 2 have a feel of the device....:)

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back