RE: Throttle Body Device

Re: Throttle Body Device

One thing though, the throttle response may be too abrupt or jerky for some pple as the car actually leaps forwards ( and mine is a 1950kg car ) with very little throttle pressure. I like it but some may not.

Hi, since it functions like a potentiometer, I'm wondering whether the device can be tuned to vary the sensitivity.

I don't think that it is tunable as the box looked sealed. Perhaps the manufacturers can incorporate this feature in future versions .

Today is my turn to install this device....15 min installation by Ah Wee, very fast...I was wondering what this device with a few wires can do for me...took a drive round Sin Ming after that....wow...the car surges forward so eagerly.....the revs rises so fast....this is the type of feel I am looking for man....the more jerky, the better....much better value for money than ECU, plugs...or whatever I have done so far....for those who have not bought this, please don't...cos I want to overtake everyone on the road...haha...

yo,

absolutely phenomenal, gob smacked.mines a 523i

i was doubtful seeing just a few wires at first.

careful when driving out of the block..launches too eagarly.

not recommended for those still runing the car in ...easily surge pass 4rpm....hahaha.

ok i understand that it doesnt increase hbp but surely now that 0 to 60 or 100 sprint improved yea?

can someone explain if there is potentiation in all three modes of drive ie D ,SDmode and m1 m2 m3

great white ..now i need the stoptech brakes..

i also hope bvo dont sell too many ...hahahhaha

yeah ballz the person who made this device gonna earn big bucks.

Just got this little device installed during lunch time. Wow, my car is like a new born baby.....just tap and it will go.

Although theoritically, it is obvious that there is no increse in bhp I would say it is by far one of the most noticeable mod I even done. A light tap - the car surge forward and even when you are at 100 kmph, a light tap would lip the car forward to 120/130 kmph effortlessly!

On the comment of possible increase in fuel consumption, I think it would be quite subjective. In my opinion, with the more sensitive throtle and higher rev which means you will go into speed faster i.e. cruising mode. This may be better than you kept dragging
(longer) the car and burn more fuel!

Just too bad, after 10 mins I reached the office and journey from BVO seems too short....

Hehe..got mine fitted today at lunch time....seems more jerky compared to last time i tried but who cares !!!! now i have to be more aware and leave more distance when i'm behind other cars at traffic lights coz my baby is now like a wild animal ready to sprint.

Also sprints in reverse, so beware ! lol

Must thank YKY for sharing this simple and amazing device. Just have it installed in my 730 E65 during lunch time.

Impression-my car felt so much more powerful and responsive. I know the BHP has not changed, but it definitely feels like it. THe perceived improvement is many times more than when I flashed my ECU with HIOP. And at only half the cost.

My only complained initially is that if I am stuck in a jam, I find it very difficult to inch my car small distances at a time because the car jerk forward with the slightest depression of the pedal. THis result in very jerky movemnt. But after I took it for a long spin just now, I am beginning to get the hang of it. Not so bad now.

Definitely worth the investment.

Guys!!

Congrats to all for those who got 'it' installed!!!

Got mine done 2day too......wat can I say more......all have spoken liao!!

kekekeke

Advice for the rest;

You guys have to change your driving habit/style from now, formally our cars are alittle lethargic.....hence have to depress the throttle more to get moving....

Now all you need is a light tap.....I've driven with the gadget for at least 400km liao.....& I've gotten used to the way it performs.

On 'D' mode I can cruz at 90km/h very normally, when I need to overtake, tap alittle, the car will immediately downshift to let you pass the slower cars....ease off the throttle....I'm back to cruzing again.

On 'SD' mode, my car is really wild!!! Dam shiok!!!

FC is all dependant on your right foot.....I can cruz at 90~100km/h at 2.6k rpm, so FC will not increase.....just like normal....

Or you can control the gadget by driving in 'Manual' mode, keep shifting up when RPM hits 3k region. 2,3,4,5 gear & you're cruzing again....

That's my review so far....hope it's usefull for you guys!

BTW, I've reserved with BVO for another 20 sets! Please SMS me (96905511) if you want to get yah!!

Special installation for 10 sets can be arrange on the 1st FEB(4th day of CNY)!!! Courtesy help from Bernard the man himself!! So please let me know so that I can chope him for the installation!!

Cheers!!!

'The Great White'

Hi Bro,
Don't forget me lay, sub-con ai mai ? sub-con can install on CNY day also. Advance booking needed.

Hehehehe Vroommmm

Oh!

I forgot to add......the stock that just arrived is a new batch & it'll fit all Mini!!!!!!

Welbo, wanna try??? kekekeke

Oready 1 MCS installed liao!! He's a happi man now!!

'The Great White'

Any idea whether they have any of these boosters that would fit into other makes of Continental or Japanese cars? A couple of my Toyota and Honda friends are interested.

Got mine done yesterday. The right foot must really learn to be gentle. A sudden step will sent the rev climbing and the car just surges forward like a wild stallion. For me, the trick is to apply gentle consistent pressure and the car will not jerk at all. At traffic lights, once the lights turn green, I will let off the brake and let the car inches forward on its own before I apply gentle pressure on my right foot. So far, the experience has been positive. Highly recommended especially if it is a ten minutes plug and play thing.

I had mine installed today after reading sooooooooooooo many GOOD reviews from u...

Done in less than 10 mins .... Ah Wee challenged me to test drive ard estate & if not good he will dismantle FOC..... First light step on throttle and it felt like a wild lambo...the previous CAI, sparks and exhaust mods i did totally cannot compare to this new experience

I also happened to peep at the list of Bros waiting for installation and saw TOTOSEOW's nick on waiting list...kekekeke :)

Anyway, i am DEFINITELY ONE VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER

Newredbug said:
I had mine installed today after reading sooooooooooooo many GOOD reviews from u...

Done in less than 10 mins .... Ah Wee challenged me to test drive ard estate & if not good he will dismantle FOC..... First light step on throttle and it felt like a wild lambo...the previous CAI, sparks and exhaust mods i did totally cannot compare to this new experience

I also happened to peep at the list of Bros waiting for installation and saw TOTOSEOW's nick on waiting list...kekekeke :)

Ah Wee/David done in less than 10 mins, U test drive done in 5 mins :lol2:
I walked to the kopitiam and haven;t order drink, u already came back. that's fast !

Can see this MOD really bite u :) heheee

too bad don't hv for my car.. i m gog to get one for myself :lol2: (someone pls help me) ...

Btw, nice meeting u :yummie:

Wah, with all the positive feedback, i am beginning to drool already!

one question though... can this thing be 'turn-off'? Cos my wife uses my car sometimes and i dun think she can handle the 'animal' that's unleashed after install the neat little device! haha!

bmw4life said:
Wah, with all the positive feedback, i am beginning to drool already!

one question though... can this thing be 'turn-off'? Cos my wife uses my car sometimes and i dun think she can handle the 'animal' that's unleashed after install the neat little device! haha!

Dun worry, leave it at 'D' mode & ask her to go test drive with you.....she'll notice the pickup response is better & her right foot will automatically be more gentle!

Where got driver just floor the throttle everytime right? Unless she just got her license 2 days back.....kekekekeke

Cheers

'The Great White'

Newredbug said:

hey r u stalking me bro?? wad'u looking at..? me mama in jamaica says u stalker me son me kicka ur balls.

ok tomr morning i m in....after that i will go beo some wrx.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arcade80

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back