Really need your help: Malaysian vehicle incident, Workshops won't do 3rd party! Help

Re: Really need your help: Malaysian vehicle incident, Workshops won't do 3rd party!

Well the damage wasn't really bad, and he say until he damn cham. Part time job, feed family. Ayiah USUAL STORY. But I am not a man with no heart, so I just say let live. Got karma one. Just claim him the lowest. Money in pocket yet I did not cheat. Win-win.

Re: Really need your help: Malaysian vehicle incident, Workshops won't do 3rd party!

why didn't u claim insurance and go through the process of claims and NCD reduction and reinstatement and loss of excess etc etc?. Must be quite fun going by what I read in this thread...

No la you only go the insurance route when it involves cross-border claims... more challenging.

so who wants to buy iskander properties now?

Hi bros! Sorry to hijack your thread. Exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Malaysian car hit me, bumper damaged, boot lip dented. The guy is fairly responsible - made police report, and wants me to claim from his insurance. But PML and insurers insist that I claim from my own policy, get NCD suspended etc. The chap is willing to cover my excess. But from speaking to MSIG etc, I was told that Malaysian claims may not always come through, so there is a high risk that my NCD may be revoked for good.

In this case, I'm looking for a reliable workshop to do the fix. May I ask if you could kindly share a contact of reputable workshop where I can get the repair done? The car is about one year old, so I'm not sure about warranty, though my sales agent says doing the repair outside would not void the warranty. Appreciate any advise from "guo lai ren" and recommendations please. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Had a similar case with a Malaysian car many years ago......

.... Claim own insurance ..... workshop suggest engage a lawyer to claim from the other party

..... so pay some lawyer fees to proceed ..... after so many years not even one "mosquito" came back.

Moral of Story ---------------> Don't waste time. Get as much CASH as you can from that guy on the spot. Use part of it to buy 4D. Better chance than insurance claim.

claiming msia insurance ...
lucky ... 3 (very fast liao) or 4-5 years then settled ... hence, most workshop will only repair if you claim your own insurance first
not lucky ... like spiderfly said ... not even one "mosquito" come back ... the claim went into a black hole

Quite cock also that your next renewal for insurance will chee ba boom

Mockngbrd;992088 said:

Sighs yes, that is quite the buggaration. So preference is to just repair it outside, but need to find a proven workshop.

Mockngbrd;992088 said:

Very true. Even in this case it is not TS' fault but he will have to get hit by the enormous loading on his future premiums thanks to this stupid technicality.

Always remember that if you drive outside SG different laws and regulations apply - what works in SG may not work and even if the accident is not your fault, the claims process could be problematic.

Drive with care, SG roads can still pretend like we own the road (esp if the new govt surcharge%*&£X$ on luxury cars like BMWs really passes) but you must never do that in MY. If a proton wira tailgates you, just give way and give lots of room. Money can always be earned back, but not your life.

Y don we send our car to malaysia worksop for repairing and claim their local insurance ?! My friend committed an accidental years ago at nshw with Malaysia register plate vehicle and managed to do full claim to the other party insurance .. But the only down side was he left his car at Malaysia workshop nearly 2 mths lah

Better don't drive to avoid all the challenges :screwedu:

Same thing happened to one of my cars ..... Malaysian biker flew into my car through the windscreen.

The TP came and stopped us from getting the details of that idiot. Like that how ?

isiowsg;992487 said:
Better don't drive to avoid all the challenges :screwedu:
Double LIKE.

Red_Bean_Bun;992496 said:
Same thing happened to one of my cars ..... Malaysian biker flew into my car through the windscreen.

The TP came and stopped us from getting the details of that idiot. Like that how ?
Did they provide the rationale? If not, under what authority can they do that?

Under Road Transport Act, drivers getting into accident should exchange details. I might miss the exceptions.

I think it is apt that I give a final conclusion to this story.

To summarize.. Malaysian vehicle parked next to my car at a condo near Marina Boulevard had hit my car whilst exiting. The driver had initially asked me to claim insurance but said that he was willing to settle if I could get a quote below S$1,000. My initial quote from MA was S$5,000 which included replacement of bumper, lights, parking sensor and respray. I did try to explore other option of getting a lower quote but it will involve tolerating a scratched headlight and potentially malfunctioned parking sensor. Also, no bumper replacement.. just knock out and respray. If I had pursued the MA option, I would have to claim against my own insurance and later face the complication and potentially a higher insurance premium should my insurer fail to reclaim the losses against the other insurer. Which would you take? After careful consideration, I decided to make a full repair at MA and take the risk of higher premium and losing my NCD. This was what happened after my repair at MA:

1. I paid the S$800 excess out of my own pocket. I was told that this was "uninsured loss" that I should bear. My own insurer said that there is nothing I can do about it. The remaining bill from MA will be claimed against my own policy of which they will submit a claim against the malaysian insurer for reimbursement. If successful, my NCD will be returned to me. If not, my NCD will go down and my renewal quote likely to go up (as if i had damaged my own car)

2. I spoke to a few of my classmates who are lawyers and decided to just try my luck by writing to the company stating a claim for personal losses. I just wrote an email stating my claim for this $800 uninsured loss. Thereafter, I followed up with calls and finally I followed up with a proper letter stating my loss and wish to be reimbursed. I was quite surprised that within a week, they agreed to settle my claim for this uninsured loss of S$800 dollars. To be fair, I found out they had registered a SG branch and had listed the branch rep contact. So I had contacted him and explained my situation. He gave me the contact of the MY claims officer and so this helped cut short the entire process.

3. After I signed the discharge letter from the Malaysian insurer (they gave me a check for the S$800) I sent a copy of this + all my email correspondences to my own insurer informing them that they should expedite their own claim against the Malaysian insurer. Unfortunately, this took a longer time to resolve because the claims officer of my insurer simply bo chup. In fact, I had to email both him as well as the malaysian insurer claims officer and hurry them both to conclude their internal investigations.

4. In the end, my insurer was successful in the claim. I was successful in my personal claim. My NCD was returned and policy was renewed at same rate.

On hindsight, this was the best possible outcome but as can see it takes quite abit of personal effort.

are you saying you manage to get back $800 excess which is paid on your own pocket
the $5000 repair bill is still claiming your own insurance right
wouldn't it be better if you simply accept $1000 "cash" from the person

I was quite surprising that within a week, they agreed to settle my claim for this uninsured loss of S$800 dollars.

Pauly,

Thanks for the update. All is well then. Thank goodness.

The S$800 "excess" was reimbursed to me via my claim for personal loss. Which I was quite surprised to be able to recover.

The remainder of the $5000 repair bill was recovered by my insurer. My NCD is returned and my insurance premium for next year remains the same as this year.

If I had taken the S$1,000 dollar from the person. I would probably 1) just knock out and respray bumper, tolerate a scratched headlight and malfunction front right sensor. Or, fix everything and pay the extra out of my own pocket.

On hindsight, taking the S$1,000 dollar would be the wrong move. I know you guys hear horror stories of claims taking years to settle. I'm sure there are cases like that. These are the disgruntled people and of course will be keen to post their stories online so there maybe some bias. For those who are successful, not much incentive to spend time telling their stories.

...perhaps, the honesty and willingness of the Malaysian car-driver and his Malaysian insurer to settle was also a contributing factor.....things may have turned out differently if it was a biker who may just hit-run......anyway, I am happy for you that the matter was resolved!
Pauly523;1007858 said:
The S$800 "excess" was reimbursed to me via my claim for personal loss. Which I was quite surprised to be able to recover.

The remainder of the $5000 repair bill was recovered by my insurer. My NCD is returned and my insurance premium for next year remains the same as this year.

If I had taken the S$1,000 dollar from the person. I would probably 1) just knock out and respray bumper, tolerate a scratched headlight and malfunction front right sensor. Or, fix everything and pay the extra out of my own pocket.

On hindsight, taking the S$1,000 dollar would be the wrong move. I know you guys hear horror stories of claims taking years to settle. I'm sure there are cases like that. These are the disgruntled people and of course will be keen to post their stories online so there maybe some bias. For those who are successful, not much incentive to spend time telling their stories.

I would like to stress that it is a judgement call to be made and every incident/accident could be different.

If you know that the other party is dishonest or if there is room for debate who is right or wrong.. You maybe better off taking whatever is offered to you. If you are the type not so fussed or if damage to your car is minimal, it maybe better to take whatever offered and do cheap repair work.

For my case, I did explore the other option. Infact, I got quoted from SWC and several other workshops. They were still in the region of 1,500-2,000. In the end I was comparing 5k at MA versus touch up works of 1.5-2k.. I decided to do at MA because they give me 1 yr warranty over repair works. In my mind, I was prepared to accept the scenario should I lose my insurance claim. True enough, 1 month after repair my parking sensors stopped working entirely so I went back to MA. Accident may look superficial but u never know. When things are damaged, better to do them up properly .. ESP cars which impacts safety of yourself and family.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vc77store

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back