recomendation to do BMW audio system

Re: recomendation to do BMW audio system

Hi Guys!

3 quick questions

Firstly about CAN-BUS for interfacing with steering remote. Would this communication still be possible if the stock headunit in the E90 is changed to aftermarket header, let's say Alpine... Which will also be hooked up to 701 via Optical?

Second is the reverse sensor. I guess by changing the headunit, the beep warning would also be disabled right? Any solutions to maintain this feature?

Lastly, do we have to reset the car after installation?

Thanks! :)

Hi, I think possible to use back your steering remote with aftermarket Headunits. According to my last spoke with my installer, Only apply to alpine headunits if i didnt remember wrongly..as for the reverse probably a check with shops will have a clearer answer

Cheers

reverse sensor should continue to work, and you should keep your original headunit somewhere for diagnostics purposes. Any installer worth their salt should know this, else he is probably not familiar with bmws..and u shud walk.

oneHeadlight;385288 said:
reverse sensor should continue to work, and you should keep your original headunit somewhere for diagnostics purposes. Any installer worth their salt should know this, else he is probably not familiar with bmws..and u shud walk.

Hmm... Thx for the heads up guys... Appreciate it :)

I actually checked with 2 installers and both said the reverse sensors would not work, and as for the steering remote, i have to purchase a CAN-BUS in order to get it functioning again. One of the installers is New Generation.

Going to use Alpine in-dash DV 106 with 701 processor. Running active setup.

So I guess that taking out the headunit will need me to send the car for reset again?

i am extremely surprised that New Gen would say this... my reverse sensor is working, and i can point u to a reliable installer.

i dont think u need to reset anything with your HU and processor...
drop me a PM..

I know one guy who is driving a E90 with Pionner ODR head unit. Installed at New Gen.

Reverse sensor - working.
Steering control - working (with CAN-BUS)

tcleong;388232 said:
I know one guy who is driving a E90 with Pionner ODR head unit. Installed at New Gen.

Reverse sensor - working.
Steering control - working (with CAN-BUS)

Hi Bro...

Serious?! Hmm... I'm amazed...!!! Somehow quite contradicting from what I heard... Guess i'll just try installing and then i'll know the end result...

Anyway, i'll be heading to japan this mth end, and most prob will do some shopping for stuff too :) ... saw some stuff to get already! 2 Din Dash Kit

More images...

Looks amazing and nice!!! Enjoy .... :)

looks good...u shud get it.

mate...its more amazing that they told you the sensor and steering wouldnt work....i could guess why though.

oneHeadlight;388291 said:
looks good...u shud get it.

mate...its more amazing that they told you the sensor and steering wouldnt work....i could guess why though.

Heh heh... Yeah...Sentiments the same... So I guess i'll just try it out myself and firm up the answers... *grin*

The 2-Din Dash Kit really sweet looking right... Fell in love immediately when i set my eyes on them... Price is a little stiff and steep though... but... Still the best option :p And I must say... Japs are amazing in this area of Biz...!!! :)

how much is it in SGD ?

anyway, there is nothing to firm up in terms of getting the sensor and steering to work, they SHOULD work !!!!

oneHeadlight;388888 said:
how much is it in SGD ?

anyway, there is nothing to firm up in terms of getting the sensor and steering to work, they SHOULD work !!!!

Erm... It's approx SGD 1,074. Steep but I think it should be quite worth it...

Most important is the fitment, and like what you said... all things WORK... :) :) :)

Hello All :)

Does anyone know a sound installer who has done the 6 series before ? I ordered a MY2009 630i Convertible coming in Jan 2009 and would need to upgrade the audio...
Thanks!

DRV;368104 said:
jvhuiz,

Basic upgrade is to change the 4 front speakers and 2 underseat subs, and add amplifier to drive them. This upgrade can cost from

anyone knows where i can get a used e90 stock hu? mine kaput and looking for cheaper replacement compared to a new unit from pml. tia.

Hi All - I've heard so much about Soundwerks in this forum but cannot imagine how hard it is to get a contact and address or a web url so that I can go see how good they are for myself.

Looking to upgrade the speakers and put on some amp on my E60 without affecting the HU.. really cannot take the stock speaker anymore.. But ride is

SMP;360187 said:
Did a simple upgrade to m E60 LCI as could not stand the horrible stock any more.
Changed the front & rear to 4" Morel 2-ways, and the underseat to 6.5" Rainbow X-plain, driven by a 5 ch Balupunkt - no cutting anything at all ... not high-end, but soooo much better

Hi SMP - I SO TOTALLY UNDERSTAND the PAIN.... Really appreciate if you can share where you got yours upgraded.... Sounds like a simple yet effective setup you got there...

wlkoh;449066 said:
Hi All - I've heard so much about Soundwerks in this forum but cannot imagine how hard it is to get a contact and address or a web url so that I can go see how good they are for myself.

Looking to upgrade the speakers and put on some amp on my E60 without affecting the HU.. really cannot take the stock speaker anymore.. But ride is

need some advise. As there are airbags along the side pillar, any idea will it cause any problem if i'll improve on the sound system of a 323?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ok9tools
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back