recomendation to do BMW audio system

Re: recomendation to do BMW audio system

geeknick...

Thanks for the advise. Anyway, my HU already got amp built-in. So plan to change my front and rear speaker to component set and do the tuning for my head unit. A bit difficult with Alpine imprint technology.... have to use specific software to do tuning for the sound quality.

Again thank you for your advise...Cheers!!!

anvillyson;336544 said:
anyone experienced with Chuan Sing near Serangoon Garden, intend to try them out.

thks

as with most installers, they have their fans and critics.
and also, depends on the actual workers doing the work.

if its the same people i know from 3 years ago, then their carpentry is top notch.
tuning is another matter.

Ah Yew;336785 said:
geeknick...

Thanks for the advise. Anyway, my HU already got amp built-in. So plan to change my front and rear speaker to component set and do the tuning for my head unit. A bit difficult with Alpine imprint technology.... have to use specific software to do tuning for the sound quality.

Again thank you for your advise...Cheers!!!

i would suggest a couple of things for your consideration.

almost every HU has built-in amp...but the power is often not enough to drive a good set of speakers.

2ndly, rear speakers may not be necessary but if u insist, maybe go for co-axial instead of componenets.

I faded out my rear speakers as well. Initially my installer say without rear speakers sound better i find it strange. Now i know what he meant :)

oneHeadlight..... Thanks for your advise. My old car, for rear speaker, I put 1 component set ( Rockford ) and front speaker I installed kicker component set. The sound quality is quite ok... maybe this time should try co-axial.

Cheerss.....

if u run active and do staging etc, and not careful with rear components, cancellation would be a big problem and thats considering if you could get the staging and imaging right in the first place.

if u are not running 5.1 , then front stage would be enough, and the money for the rear could be better channelled into the front.

oneHeadlight;336842 said:
as with most installers, they have their fans and critics.
and also, depends on the actual workers doing the work.

if its the same people i know from 3 years ago, then their carpentry is top notch.
tuning is another matter.

oneheadlight.
i agree wif u tt the different installers have different fans.
its reali up to the user who is he more comfortable wif.

ah yew.. don't be afraid to go down to diff installers and check there workshop, customer service, workmanship(most places will have pics of wat they have done in the past as reference)

if u're afraid tt u might get chop like a carrot... den ask for a quote and compare with prices online... but do take note tt workmanship is quite costly..

Erh..so which is a better place to check out for sound improvement? Soundwerkz or chuan Sing? Planning to upgrade my current crappy E90 sound :_(

check both places out.. go down in person.. talk to the person in charge... it will be better.. coz its personal preference.. have not been down to chuan sing so i'm in no place to comment.

i quite like the customer service at carsounds at AMK.. friendly helpful and workplace is clean and tidy. showroom is nice too.

Go to chuan sing serangoon to see the boss first and mention my name(boss is a friend of mine).
If you are serious of going down PM me for more details.

All...

Just wanna to share with you all how my dashboard looks like after change my HU.

DSC00757.jpg

He He... abit off topic :offtopic:

Sorry....

Thanks mates for all the recommendations. Have been to Chuan Sing yesterday to check out their place. Toh Guan Showroom very nice but their quote seem very much on the high side. I asked for a basic system with speakers upgrade and adding a 10'' sub with amp, one 5 channel for sub & speakers, cost about $8K. I think that it is too much for a basic system. I don't need a superb system but just something that is better than the current stock.

blink_er;340210 said:
Thanks mates for all the recommendations. Have been to Chuan Sing yesterday to check out their place. Toh Guan Showroom very nice but their quote seem very much on the high side. I asked for a basic system with speakers upgrade and adding a 10'' sub with amp, one 5 channel for sub & speakers, cost about $8K. I think that it is too much for a basic system. I don't need a superb system but just something that is better than the current stock.

to be fair, need to know the breakdown of those quotes.

if u don't mind second half stuff, u can pm me.
i can recommend installer and speaker choice to u also.

u gotta tell me wat car u drive too...it affects speaker choice and installation.

Just to share my set-up in which I retained my original HU cos I like to switch between radio and CD and manage the music tracks on my steering wheel
1. Morel Ovation front & rear 2-way speakers/crossovers
2. Blaupunkt active subwoofer
3. DB Drive Amp
Sounds good enuf for me and damage is less than $3k...but I think my previous Alpine HU with time alignment produced a better sound stage. But I dun feel like spoiling the look of my dash & iDrive functions.

Help! Went down to Soundwerks and now have 2 options

1. Passive setup with
front tweeter and mid
8" subs under seats
2 channel amp
Rockford 3Sixty-01 processor

2. Active setup with
Alpine H650 Imprint processor
will need at least 5-channel amp or 2 x amps

For same price Active setup means I have to cut down on quality of speakers etc...
Is processor really needed for regular listening?
Any bros have any opinion on the diff b/w passive and active set-up if going active means cutting down on speaker quality.

Also, are the prices quoted by everyone with or without installation / RCA & speaker cables / fuseboxes / custom bracket etc. 'cos all these come up to 2k+ before the speakers/amp/controller are added

correct if i'm wrong but a processor controls the different frequencies. it gives a clear and more refine sound...

for mi, i'm running on passive and i find it suitable for mi.. if its 2k+ quoted by soundwerkz. i think its including the installation but u may wan to ask them again..

Thanks Jamers...

Anyone using / not using processor and has any comments. Not sure if worth the extra 1k.

Nope, 2k is just the new wires, fuseblock/holder, RCA cables, soundproofing, + customization/installation.

A processor...process the sound. THere is another concept though, shit in shit out.

If it is either (1) active but poorer speakers OR (2) passive but better speakers
i would take (2) anytime. BUT i would more likely pay a few hundred more dollars and go active with better speakers.

$2k for installation,its fairer to comment if u have the breakdown.

soundproofing - material, how many doors ?
any cutting ?
how many amps installation
sub box ?
amp board
fuse
speaker cables
power cables
A pillar ?

Alright.... for ICe newbies... u should read some of the older threads. The same logic applies.

have a budget, try to work within it but allow some flexibilty.

start with the architecture first.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back