recomendation to do BMW audio system

Re: recomendation to do BMW audio system

lefty;343550 said:
Hi DRV,
When I last checked for my ICE installation, LRx 4.1 was about $1.2K with installation, amp board, LOC, power cable, FUSE.
Then assuming you were quoted $4K+ without processor, it means $3K for the speakers..,would think that there would be more choices for that money.

Wow! $1.2k? When / where was that?

I just checked the price and it's $1.6k for the amp alone. Checked online as well and the Europe online price is similar. Heard the prices increased recently 'cos of manufacturing cost increase and increase in Euro to Sing dollar exchange

oneheadlight...

Thanks for the advice. I think I will go check out Hong Guan again before deciding.... better not to rush.

No choice about the HU and doors 'cos car new and under warranty, cannot cut it up. In any case cutting it up will seriously affect resale later. Problem faced by many bros here.

that was 10 months ago. anyway, no harm comparing different installers
DRV;343702 said:

I just checked the price and it's $1.6k for the amp alone. Checked online as well and the Europe online price is similar. Heard the prices increased recently 'cos of manufacturing cost increase and increase in Euro to Sing dollar exchange

Inflation? :(

The noodles I usually eat at $2 now $2.30 + less wonton
The other day I was charged 70 cents for an extra bowl of plain rice... unbelieveble

The everything European has increase in price... cars, watches, and now ICE :(

DRV;343702 said:

wow. I am shocked too.

$1.6k for LRx ?!! it was only $600 plus a year ago. iirc.

DRV;343703 said:
oneheadlight...

Thanks for the advice. I think I will go check out Hong Guan again before deciding.... better not to rush.

No choice about the HU and doors 'cos car new and under warranty, cannot cut it up. In any case cutting it up will seriously affect resale later. Problem faced by many bros here.

ya. don't rush. no doubt its not apple to apple comparison cos they tend to focus on diffferent brands, but have a good feel about installation costs.

my car also under warranty...i also cut cut cut hahahah
changing HU no need to cut anything.
as for the door....its only door PANEL... wun affect much, if at all...depending on you negotiate.

if u have so much limitations, i suggest u postpone your project.
no point doing anything that will compromise so much.

not trying to convince u, but so many owners have said the same "i dont want anything to be cut" when i suggested the solutions. in the end...haha... they can't get the sound they want, and they end up cutting. And then, they have to buy me kopi despite spending more money..

have fun bro.

DRV;343808 said:
Inflation? :(

The noodles I usually eat at $2 now $2.30 + less wonton
The other day I was charged 70 cents for an extra bowl of plain rice... unbelieveble

The everything European has increase in price... cars, watches, and now ICE :(

that means i can sell my used amps alot higher too !!

well well... inflation

Off the web... Audison LRX 4.1k, best price w/o tax
US $999
Europe 699 british pounds
So $1.6k in Singapore including GST doesn't sound too bad.

The LRX range very wide and the 4.1k is one of the more expensive... but so far reviews I've seen are good.

Darn, have to resist temptation to cut cut... or install something foreign in the trunk
wife will throw me out of the house
:) :)

recomendation to do BMW audio system

oneheadlight, i've also cut the door panels (finally) and is enjoying music much better than before. the lower mid bass has definitely improved and the tweeters on the A-pillars has tremendeous effect - imaging and and separation has become more apparant. as for re-sale value, well i don't believe it will differ much.

oneHeadlight;343833 said:
ya. don't rush. no doubt its not apple to apple comparison cos they tend to focus on diffferent brands, but have a good feel about installation costs.

my car also under warranty...i also cut cut cut hahahah
changing HU no need to cut anything.
as for the door....its only door PANEL... wun affect much, if at all...depending on you negotiate.

if u have so much limitations, i suggest u postpone your project.
no point doing anything that will compromise so much.

not trying to convince u, but so many owners have said the same "i dont want anything to be cut" when i suggested the solutions. in the end...haha... they can't get the sound they want, and they end up cutting. And then, they have to buy me kopi despite spending more money..

have fun bro.

oneHeadlight;343833 said:

have fun bro.

Bro. You are so right. I also just cut my doors to fit my 6.5" speakers. Car is more than 2 year old now... so not so heart pain to cut.

The new sound now... :cloud9:

geeknick & longhorn...

u are poisoning them with your positive comments !!

but we all know its just a psychological thing. i didnt have problem selling my previous car.

DRV;343853 said:
well well... inflation

Off the web... Audison LRX 4.1k, best price w/o tax
US $999
Europe 699 british pounds
So $1.6k in Singapore including GST doesn't sound too bad.

The LRX range very wide and the 4.1k is one of the more expensive... but so far reviews I've seen are good.

Darn, have to resist temptation to cut cut... or install something foreign in the trunk

if LRx cost 1.6k....then its not worth it i think.
as far as i know...the most recent audison range not as good as the previous one. Again, all these are subjective but comes from highly credible sources.

i would love u to try this JL audio sub :)
JL Audio: TW5 Subwoofers

wouldnt be cheap i am sure.

Don't think you can get the LRX4.1 at $1.2K now. Probably some of the older LRX. I last check on the new black series LRX4.1 before getting the current black LRX5.1 is more than $1.7K after the gst.

If u plan to just change the tweeter and the 4''midrange only, I feel is not sufficient. It quite limited how much a 4'' can go down to, not to mention the 3"midrange. U are expected to miss out some notes. Plus two stock paper 6.5'' underseat woofer can't get u good bass.
As most 8" woofer are capable of playing higher range frequencies than a 10'' or a 12'', I feel that why 8'' woofer was suggested. Then it will be working as a subwoofer and same time covering the lower playing range. Furthermore I think E93 should not have much space for a bigger 10''/12'' subwoofer.:)

Oskool;344519 said:
Don't think you can get the LRX4.1 at $1.2K now. Probably some of the older LRX. I last check on the new black series LRX4.1 before getting the current black LRX5.1 is more than $1.7K after the gst.

If u plan to just change the tweeter and the 4''midrange only, I feel is not sufficient. It quite limited how much a 4'' can go down to, not to mention the 3"midrange. U are expected to miss out some notes. Plus two stock paper 6.5'' underseat woofer can't get u good bass.
As most 8" woofer are capable of playing higher range frequencies than a 10'' or a 12'', I feel that why 8'' woofer was suggested. Then it will be working as a subwoofer and same time covering the lower playing range. Furthermore I think E93 should not have much space for a bigger 10''/12'' subwoofer.:)

the LRx prices have gone crazy !!!

i think the 8" is a bad suggestion. It cant climb that high, cant go that low.

oneHeadlight;344729 said:
the LRx prices have gone crazy !!!

i think the 8" is a bad suggestion. It cant climb that high, cant go that low.

Agreed bro, not only the LRX, in general Audison price went up quite a lot. In fact, the entry level SRX price is so close to the LRX. Since a bit difference in price, tat y i decided to get the LRX instead. But overall quite happy with the look and sound quality delivered in the current new models, and also there isn't many other good amps with 3 or 5 channels available in one chasis to refer with. :)

DRV;343853 said:

Hi DRV, how much u paid for the two 8'' underseat subwoofer? I just installed two 6.5'' woofer under my seat, vocal improved but don't seems to get enough bass from them. Similiarly, Not intending to have a big subwoofer into my boot.

Oskool;345428 said:
Agreed bro, not only the LRX, in general Audison price went up quite a lot. In fact, the entry level SRX price is so close to the LRX. Since a bit difference in price, tat y i decided to get the LRX instead. But overall quite happy with the look and sound quality delivered in the current new models, and also there isn't many other good amps with 3 or 5 channels available in one chasis to refer with. :)

its such a cliche...but i think ICE require an objective but strong mind, bcos as the end of the day, as long as you like it, it is good enough. That is the toughest part.

blink_er;345502 said:
Hi DRV, how much u paid for the two 8'' underseat subwoofer? I just installed two 6.5'' woofer under my seat, vocal improved but don't seems to get enough bass from them. Similiarly, Not intending to have a big subwoofer into my boot.

Hi blink_er, I haven't installed it yet so cannot comment on bass. Definately not as powerful as sub in boot.
The hertz comes in a 8" and tweeter package for about $800 for 2x subs and 2x tweeters.
Will let you know once I've installed.

blink_er;345502 said:

at the expense of boring people with my repetitive opinions, i think u need to consider these few points.

1. anything installed under the seats is not gonna achieve anything good.
2. 6.5" is a mid-bass. Its different from a subwoofer.
3. The amount of amp power you drive into the midbass is important.
4. The brand AND Model of the speaker you use also plays a big part.

Unfortunately for ICE, if you do not have space, or do not want to sacrific space, you can never experience the full beautiful spectrum of music.

your situation is quite similar to geeknick's some time ago. I am not aware of your hardware but that guy have really good hardware, but not installed correctly cos he was reluctant to cut the door etc etc.

once he decided to do it, and as he mentioned in this thread a couple of pages back, there is no other way he would wanna do it.

the difference is HUGE.

DRV;345507 said:
Hi blink_er, I haven't installed it yet so cannot comment on bass. Definately not as powerful as sub in boot.
The hertz comes in a 8" and tweeter package for about $800 for 2x subs and 2x tweeters.
Will let you know once I've installed.

i hope not !! i mean...hertz...$800... just don't do it man.

u already spend so much on your car... wouldn't it be perfect if u just spend a few grand more to truly enjoy your journeys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ok9tools
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back