• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

(REPOST)FOR SALE: E36 318iS Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: (REPOST)FOR SALE: E36 318iS Coupe

Panzer, why don't you give me a best price? We all know 28k is too high, 20k is too low. I am willing to negotiate on the price since I am buying this car as an enthusiast and have budgeted some funds to restore the car.
If you can confirm that the body is straight and accident-free, I am more than happy to up my price. Cash, of course.

If you're not willing to entertain, I understand but don't undermine me by asking me to "buy a sedan".

If it wasn't for the economic climate, 28k wouldn't be too high at all for the car. In fact even in the economic climate of today, it might still be good value. This car, done up right, could be a real joy to drive and you may not even need so much of those additional budgeted funds after all.

(Not that I agree with his attitude and choice of words either. Just saying.)

E36 iS coupe no market value, not a great car either, looks depends - i call it handsome classic.
The drive is great, put heart & soul do up best, ask BVO put M50 lagi best. end of day got money best.
There is one just sold off at $32K just becos it use E87 new seats w new paint... car so-so haha bro u know who are u, tat is a good price !

Not willing to part the money then seller offer like tat, buyer offer tat, cannot agree try give & take, happy deal. If not seller keep the car wait to depreciate, buyer cannot buy becos not many on the road...
Renew COE lagi best - go for another 10yrs of great classic without paying more.

e.g. there is one run down 1932 Bugatti sold at 2.1million Euro, still need 200,000 euro to restore.... the looks... tought to appreciate, sell me $50,000 i also need consider - money not enough.
Need to sell then sell, need to buy then buy... this is not nissan sunny or toyota vios ma - end OT.

Hey Guys,

Can anyone tell me wats the difference between a 318IS and 318IM ?
Both manual, right?

Let's face it, if anyone bought the car at 28k, several years down the road when the COE expires the car won't even be worth half that.

I am merely stating the obvious so I apologize if my words sounded offensive. When it comes to a transaction should not one start low and work his way up, while the other party works his way down? Economics 101.

I am willing to compromise if Panzer is willing to entertain.

iScoupe;417329 said:
Need to sell then sell, need to buy then buy... this is not nissan sunny or toyota vios ma - end OT.

Ai buy my Silvia mai??? :nehnehhh:

otto matic;417335 said:
Let's face it, if anyone bought the car at 28k, several years down the road when the COE expires the car won't even be worth half that.

I am merely stating the obvious so I apologize if my words sounded offensive. When it comes to a transaction should not one start low and work his way up, while the other party works his way down? Economics 101.

I am willing to compromise if Panzer is willing to entertain.

I dun think anyone will be scrapping the Coupe when the COE is up..... in fact put it as present moment @ $28K... renew COE is abt 3 - 4k??? (i think so)...
Total a whopping S$3k+ depreciation per year..... I think thats reasonable..... :)

otto matic;417304 said:
Well you DID say "any" offers will be seriously considered. Anyway I am willing to up my offer to 20k. I can pay cash on the spot, no loan and crap like that needed.

Well i did say in the second quoted reply telling i will seriously consider didnt i????

Dude, there's a difference between the sedan and coupe. Although the coupe usually commands a little bit of a premium, the 318is is a little overrated. No offence to all the bros who have the 318is. Just stating my person viewpoint here.....

IMHO, the full enjoyment for BMW's come from the in-line 6 cylinder engines.......hence, if anyone had a 320i coupe..........commanding at that price, in this current economic situation....i'll say it's a good price....but for the 318is.....I won't......irrelevant of what's been done.....

Again, no offence to Iscoupe, SCIS and the other bros driving the 318is.....

Cheers,

Ray.

otto matic;417306 said:
Just for the sake of backing up my claim,

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/singap...g-selling-your-bmw/30259-e-36-320ia-sale.html

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/singap...elling-your-bmw/30262-wts-e36-318im-sale.html

and of course there's lots of dodgey ones going for less on sgcarmart.

You really have to keep in mind that the used car market is really depressed right now, frankly $28,000 for this car would be a hard sell even for an enthusiast. I'm not sure people would pay that price even during better times.

316M;417334 said:
Hey Guys,

Can anyone tell me wats the difference between a 318IS and 318IM ?
Both manual, right?

Yes both manual
More noticeable difference,

318IM- m40 engine, later stage m43, (SOHC, Timing Belt, 113BHP)
318IS - m42 engine, (DOHC, Timing Chain, 140BHP)

ALOT of difference when you start going up the revs

Bro, but a 318iS will smoke a auto 320 anytime. Thats unless you willing to do a gearbox converstion from auto to manual for a 320. In which you might as well find a 325 or 328 and do the conversion.

Value for money, still 318iS bro. My opinion as well la.. hahaha

Last night never come leh you..hahaha :)

gweenray;417350 said:
Dude, there's a difference between the sedan and coupe. Although the coupe usually commands a little bit of a premium, the 318is is a little overrated. No offence to all the bros who have the 318is. Just stating my person viewpoint here.....

IMHO, the full enjoyment for BMW's come from the in-line 6 cylinder engines.......hence, if anyone had a 320i coupe..........commanding at that price, in this current economic situation....i'll say it's a good price....but for the 318is.....I won't......irrelevant of what's been done.....

Again, no offence to Iscoupe, SCIS and the other bros driving the 318is.....

Cheers,

Ray.

E36 320 Coupe price will not be 27k liao.......
Ai mai??? 35K... E36 325 Manual...... M3 & UUC undercarriage....

Ai view give me a call..... :laughlik: :laughlik:

otto matic;417306 said:
Just for the sake of backing up my claim,

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/singap...g-selling-your-bmw/30259-e-36-320ia-sale.html

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/singap...elling-your-bmw/30262-wts-e36-318im-sale.html

and of course there's lots of dodgey ones going for less on sgcarmart.

You really have to keep in mind that the used car market is really depressed right now, frankly $28,000 for this car would be a hard sell even for an enthusiast. I'm not sure people would pay that price even during better times.

To answer ur last sentence just for your info i was offered 28K with DEPOSIT jus in DECEMBER 08. Until last minute the person backed out due to his own financial screw ups. Loans are crap, no cash up really cant do much bro. Appreciators will be appreciators. If u only need a ride this is not the car to look at. Similarly if i only need a watch to tell time... a Seiko will serve me fine, i cant be going to Boutiques or even 2nd hand watch shops to wanting to buy a good swiss watch but tell them to lower price cannot sell so high liao cos market depressed.

Next I answer ur queries.

For link 1..... Its 320iA SEDAN depre at $6300 a year. For remaing 2years 4months. Divide by asking price $14800
For link 2..... Its 318iM SEDAN depre at $7900 a year. For remaing 2years. Divide by asking price of $15800

For my car.... Its 318iS COUPE depre at $7300 a year. For remaining 3years 10months. Divide by asking price of $28000
For your offer at 20K.... its buying my 318iS Coupe @ $5200 a year.... I doubt you can get a properly maintained and nicely done up E36 SEDAN with that kind of depre. Current COE EG9/6 asking price is also abt approx $5Kplus some even $6K a year. I can't comprehend the "reasonableness" in your offer.

Someone here just bought a 318iS coupe with depre of approx 7.9K a year. Thats a champion.
and i heard got some "chiu buay" (hokkien) need to spend money to do.

Just look at the depre if you want to make comparisons. I can even let go at 7K or 6.9K for a restored COUPE. But then again if you think its expensive to pay such depre for such "OLD" junks.... with that depre u will be spoilt for choices.

Sometimes its not only the asking.... look at the depre and years left. I think u claim that when COE expire the car not worth half of what u paid when u purchased it. I give u a scenario, u buy at 28K drive 46months later u realise u dont wana keep the car. U renew COE and sell..... will u be selling just the COE value? Answer is no and u will be selling maybe at about 28K again for 10years. Say u finally sell at 20K (worst case)maybe COE 10K u still make 10K and against ur purchase price of 28K u just paid 18K for 46months drive. The depre comes down to $4700.

But if u think price too high or i not willing to compromise i am sorry, i will not sell if price is not right.

With Credits to

SC_IS.... Thanks Bro
iScoupe.... Thanks Bro
Milk15.... Thanks Bro
MarkLee.... Thanks Bro
Discolite.... Thanks Bro

For seeing eye to eye with me...................:)

otto matic;417304 said:
Well you DID say "any" offers will be seriously considered. Anyway I am willing to up my offer to 20k. I can pay cash on the spot, no loan and crap like that needed.

Originally Posted by marklee
going for 10-15k with how many years left?

want to compare at least give a proper reference leh

Well, how many years does this car have left?

This car just nice suits ur budget.... :woowooo:

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/singap...ying-selling-your-bmw/30472-e36-325-auto.html

Nice car don't come cheap. Cheap car sure make big hole in pocket.

Bump for a nice E36.

panzer;417357 said:
To answer ur last sentence just for your info i was offered 28K with DEPOSIT jus in DECEMBER 08. Until last minute the person backed out due to his own financial screw ups. Loans are crap, no cash up really cant do much bro. Appreciators will be appreciators. If u only need a ride this is not the car to look at. Similarly if i only need a watch to tell time... a Seiko will serve me fine, i cant be going to Boutiques or even 2nd hand watch shops to wanting to buy a good swiss watch but tell them to lower price cannot sell so high liao cos market depressed.

Next I answer ur queries.

For link 1..... Its 320iA SEDAN depre at $6300 a year. For remaing 2years 4months. Divide by asking price $14800
For link 2..... Its 318iM SEDAN depre at $7900 a year. For remaing 2years. Divide by asking price of $15800

For my car.... Its 318iS COUPE depre at $7300 a year. For remaining 3years 10months. Divide by asking price of $28000
For your offer at 20K.... its buying my 318iS Coupe @ $5200 a year.... I doubt you can get a properly maintained and nicely done up E36 SEDAN with that kind of depre. Current COE EG9/6 asking price is also abt approx $5Kplus some even $6K a year. I can't comprehend the "reasonableness" in your offer.

Someone here just bought a 318iS coupe with depre of approx 7.9K a year. Thats a champion.
and i heard got some "chiu buay" (hokkien) need to spend money to do.

Just look at the depre if you want to make comparisons. I can even let go at 7K or 6.9K for a restored COUPE. But then again if you think its expensive to pay such depre for such "OLD" junks.... with that depre u will be spoilt for choices.

Sometimes its not only the asking.... look at the depre and years left. I think u claim that when COE expire the car not worth half of what u paid when u purchased it. I give u a scenario, u buy at 28K drive 46months later u realise u dont wana keep the car. U renew COE and sell..... will u be selling just the COE value? Answer is no and u will be selling maybe at about 28K again for 10years. Say u finally sell at 20K (worst case)maybe COE 10K u still make 10K and against ur purchase price of 28K u just paid 18K for 46months drive. The depre comes down to $4700.

But if u think price too high or i not willing to compromise i am sorry, i will not sell if price is not right.

With Credits to

SC_IS.... Thanks Bro
iScoupe.... Thanks Bro
Milk15.... Thanks Bro
MarkLee.... Thanks Bro
Discolite.... Thanks Bro

For seeing eye to eye with me...................:)

Using depreciation is pretty flawed logic, I've only heard of car salesmen who do that. If the numbers are so favourable to the buyer, then why don't you renew your COE now at $4000, sell the car at $32,000 and claim $3,200 a year depreciation? Or better still sell it at $70,000 and claim $7,000 a year depreciation, which is still lower than what you're offering?

otto matic;417395 said:
Hi milk15,

I don't have a specific budget, but I definately do not want to get ripped off. Personally, money isn't an issue when it comes to restoring a car, which I plan to do should I acquire an E36. You'd be surprised how much I spent restoring my volkswagen and my merc.

That's y.... since you offered S$20k for Panzer's ride.....
u might want to buy the "link" which i quoted earlier.... U happy, Seller also happy...
S$20k for 10 years which is S$2k per year......
** Btw... both Panzer's & the other E36 325 Seller........... did most of their interior and some exterior restoration (parts) from me..... So till 2 date.. condition shld still be 80% good....

Do try to go view the cars 1st b4 making any decisions..... :laughlik: :laughlik: :laughlik:

*** Btw.... when u restore ur Mercs.. W123?? W126?? Why u no come looking for me???? I still have those parts around.... hehehehhehe

milk15;417397 said:
That's y.... since you offered S$20k for Panzer's ride.....
u might want to buy the "link" which i quoted earlier.... U happy, Seller also happy...
S$20k for 10 years which is S$2k per year......
** Btw... both Panzer's & the other E36 325 Seller........... did most of their interior and some exterior restoration (parts) from me..... So till 2 date.. condition shld still be 80% good....

Do try to go view the cars 1st b4 making any decisions..... :laughlik: :laughlik: :laughlik:

*** Btw.... when u restore ur Mercs.. W123?? W126?? Why u no come looking for me???? I still have those parts around.... hehehehhehe

Like I said, buyers always need to start somewhere and work their way up while sellers work their way down till both parties reach an agreement. $20,000 was just a ballpark figure that I thought was reasonable to START with. I am not looking for a sedan or I would have just bought one of the cheapies off sgcarmart.
I could sell you my volkswagen beetle for $50,000, but would you buy it? I'd expect not.

I usually try to negotiate before viewing a car because I don't want the external apprearance to skew my judgement. Neutrality is best in such a situation.

Oh and when I restore my cars I usually get new parts, no offense but you'll never know when a used unit might break down. When people replace damaged parts with used parts, they're not doing car restoration, just "making do for now". The cars I restore all look like they just left the factory yesterday, and my mechanic makes sure they're well taken care of with regular checks and tune-ups. Which is why when I am getting a project car, I rank it with the following criteria in order:
1) accident free
2) decent mechanicals
3) full history, number of owners
4) price
5) exterior condition

otto matic;417399 said:
I rank it with the following criteria in order:
1) accident free
2) decent mechanicals
3) full history, number of owners
4) price
5) exterior condition

If everything is near perfect.. Do you mind if the number of ownership is say 6?

Full history is near impossible unless you get a chance to view a one owner example..

I would love to see the restoration done to your car. And yes i agreed most of us don do restoration to your standard. In singapore unless we talk about vintage, if not is rare to see someone really restore cars in the 90s or late 80s into their orignal condition.

ody_2004;417415 said:
If everything is near perfect.. Do you mind if the number of ownership is say 6?

Full history is near impossible unless you get a chance to view a one owner example..

I would love to see the restoration done to your car. And yes i agreed most of us don do restoration to your standard. In singapore unless we talk about vintage, if not is rare to see someone really restore cars in the 90s or late 80s into their orignal condition.

Of course it would be best if all my criteria can be fulfilled, but in reality that never happens, does it?
With the exception of being accident free, I can compromise on all the other factors.

Yes my cars have all been lovingly restored. I hardly drive them and they usually sit in the garage for me or the occasional guest to admire. You are welcome to come and have a cup of tea if you want :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
888bjnet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back