Rich Sporeans

Re: Rich Sporeans

hcsiow;600384 said:
Btw what is a supercar by definition for most people here? Brand, cost or type of car?
Just wondering...

do a search...there was a thorough discussion on this subject...n few answers..haha. its a moving target. a sc 10 yrs ago is no longer one today...

andy_sg;600295 said:
Somehow ppl buy supercars is to show off their status.. but why do they still tint their windows? it seems like they are afraid to let others know who is the driver. Very contradicting.

If I had money buy supercar I also will tint black black so ppl cannot see my face, cos I not handsome.

On a serious note however, supercars are pretty high profile, especially at the lights, there are bound to have ppl looking at you, which is something I don like. If I have money buy supercar, its more for my personal enjoyment and pampering of myself.

U show off to ppl, but everyone dunno u, pointless to me lei. Money is used to pamper oneself, if U buy a supercar which is very expensive IMO just to show off, not that relevant in my book. The relevant thing is to enjoy the nice car. Shiok!

But toto never tio lei sianz.....haa haa.

Just like if I have money I would get the E90 M3 Sedan and debadge it. For that money one could get a boxster S or Cayman S which is the P brand which have better bragging rights in terms of brand and its a 2 door sports car, still I prefer the M3.

Different strokes for different folks I guess :)

If I have a SC I will tint it so dark that noone can see who i am fetching in the pax seat.

dash;600329 said:
and speaking of wet. now i know why CP30's passenger always drenched liao. ;)

His passenger dun get drenched................. they faint nia........... :laughlik::laughlik:

totoseow;599994 said:
the first time u hv one of these cars..u will love driving them in orchard road....after awhile....u start to wear sun glasses....then u try really hard not to b the first car at wheelock place....then u stop driving it n park it at home....then when u see others driving one u will wince...u think they r obnoxious, u feather ur throttle at lights....then when someone say i saw u. u go no la...not me....

i was telling kenn n jack. i feel embarassed being seen in the car now. i will off the exhaust valve. hide behind vans. n i wanna buy a boat now....

Yeah too many poseurs and pretentious crowd. But I guess they just enjoy being like that..
$$$$ per milleage is disgustingly high.

andy_sg;600295 said:
Somehow ppl buy supercars is to show off their status.. but why do they still tint their windows? it seems like they are afraid to let others know who is the driver. Very contradicting.

some hv excuse saying skin problem....:goodup:

ok lets define an enthusiast from a poser. ok all cabrio owners r poser. hoot me!

Poseurs :
1. Pretentious type, ...peer pressure too strong.....Oh the drama..U hv, I also wanna have...
2. Drive cars to events n functions only. Never do justice to the cars. Too deeply concerned bout resale value so must keep mileage low. I m rich, so what...that mentality u know..
3. Talk alot but no actions. So what recent article saying bout super car owners in Singapore hv no driving skills is not wholly untrue.

totoseow said:
ok lets define an enthusiast from a poser. ok all cabrio owners r poser. hoot me!
That means an M3 cabrio a poseur car?

TripleM said:
Poseurs :
1. Pretentious type, ...peer pressure too strong.....Oh the drama..U hv, I also wanna have...
2. Drive cars to events n functions only. Never do justice to the cars. Too deeply concerned bout resale value so must keep mileage low. I m rich, so what...that mentality u know..
3. Talk alot but no actions. So what recent article saying bout super car owners in Singapore hv no driving skills is not wholly untrue.
Agree on (1), partly (2), not necessarily (3).

(1) Pretentious type - it is brand ostentation, what do you expect? Who buys Richard Mille to tell better time than Casio?

(2) Wanna-be-seen-factor. Then again, to be fair, this behaviour is common. You picked the best looking suit and wear them to formal events. You wear your most impressive watch you have. And if you have a few cars, you would not drive the "cheapest" to that event. That's normal human behaviour.

(3) NATO. What actions? A tycoon who reckoned he loves car, buys a few supercars. What does he need to prove to be a car nut? Go tracking with the "real" car nuts?

You can do anything you want with any car and be a non-poser as long as you don't claim to do things beyond that which you actually do.

If all you do is cruise around town in a fancy car, just leave it at that. Don't go online or sit around at supper and talk big about super driving and how you feel this and that in the car when all you can do while driving on public roads is drive on rails essentially. Only squirrels and bimbos are impressed by that. Don't just read all those glossy picture magazines or watch that fruity british pig jerk off on "auto TV' and repeat what they say about the car when you've never felt it yourself.

Likewise if all you do are open trackdays, some driving courses, and then pay to join (paid seat) various low level races with small fields and low quality competition, don't start calling yourself a pro racer etc. If you don't know about car setup and haven't worked on it and quantified it, don't advise people in such a certain way. Hearsay and not considering the large number of exceptions is so dangerous. If you sell a certain part or service, don't declare yourself an expert unless you actually know a good deal about it and aren't just leaning on the strength of the brand and talking rubbish just to sell it.

oh and of course if you run a 2:45, don't say you run a 2:44

Hoot T6 straight from T5, u get 2.27

totoseow;600741 said:
what about i am going to run a 227!

that is a promise that you're making and if you're on a trajectory to possibly reach it, 33 to 31 to 29, 28 etc. then it's not too much of a stretch :D

Hoot T6 straight from T5, u get 2.27

A bit difficult to hoot to any other turn from T5 right :D Hoot T7 straight from T5 = Hummer original offroading bashing through barriers hehahha

I think I fall into the posuer category as I can't track for nuts!
My timing alway above 2.50mins............... :-(

But I love to drive my cars for long trips to MY and Thailand so am I a Car Nuts or a Posuer Nuts?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hanhtrinhtuoitrevn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back