RIMS for E90 320i

Re: RIMS for E90 320i

i'm more interested on hotchkis (adjustable endlinks) or racing dynamic (adjustable sways) and most importantly lightweight compare to h&r but i found both very "thick" leh ...

wait for your review after h&r.

1. ride comfort
2. squeking sound over hump
3. attack clementi ave 6 entry into pie

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;593788 said:
i'm more interested on hotchkis (adjustable endlinks) or racing dynamic (adjustable sways) and most importantly lightweight compare to h&r but i found both very "thick" leh ...

wait for your review after h&r.

1. ride comfort
2. squeking sound over hump
3. attack clementi ave 6 entry into pie

Haha will do. The H&Rs have 3 holes in the end-links to adjust stiffness. Thinking of having the back stiffer than the front to correct the slight understeer, but worried it might cause oversteer instead, because the u/s right now is very slight and only when I'm cornering aggressively.

Will let you know espy about point 3. :D

hey all,

like to hear your views.
I am currently on 17" and I enjoy the current ride comfort.
Is it true that 19" ride comfort is really bad? how much difference is it compare to my current setup

TIA.

viper0419;596804 said:
hey all,

like to hear your views.
I am currently on 17" and I enjoy the current ride comfort.
Is it true that 19" ride comfort is really bad? how much difference is it compare to my current setup

TIA.

i was on 16" stock.
like u, i had exactly the same concerns. comfort/noise/fuel consumption etc.
took the plunge for 19" , and have no regrets
the choice of CSC5 tyres helped i guess

keki;596809 said:
i was on 16" stock.
like u, i had exactly the same concerns. comfort/noise/fuel consumption etc.
took the plunge for 19" , and have no regrets
the choice of CSC5 tyres helped i guess

bro,

no regrets means the difference is negligible or you mean the shiokness outweigh the discomfort? kekeke.

btw can give me an estimate price of how much the csc5 cost on the 19"?

cheers!

viper0419;596810 said:
bro,

no regrets means the difference is negligible or you mean the shiokness outweigh the discomfort? kekeke.

btw can give me an estimate price of how much the csc5 cost on the 19"?

cheers!

so far i dun feel discomfort. in fact much quieter than the stock 16" RFT.
so its shiokness(looks) + quieter , without discomfort

from leongseng , ard 2k

By the way what's the maximum rim size you guys would go for your e90? I was thinking of getting 19" but not sure of the width for flushness.

16/17 = too small
18 = okay (somewhat small especially for rear) but a lot better than 16/17 already
19 = nice :thumbsup: with some loss in comfort and performance but this is subjective to individual
20 = awesome .... appeal to niche individual

E90koh;557200 said:
Dudes, may I know how to select rims for either 18 or 19 inches? I do not know what are spacers and staggered etc. Probably you could tell me exactly what I should look out for. Many tks.

Depends on what U want, if U wan good FC, better "power" keep to stock. If you wan swee, go straight to at least 19" and if budget permits 20". You can meetup with some forummers and look at their rides, see how it looks and feels with rims of these sizes.

wt_know;598928 said:
16/17 = too small
18 = okay (somewhat small especially for rear) but a lot better than 16/17 already
19 = nice :thumbsup: with some loss in comfort and performance but this is subjective to individual
20 = awesome .... appeal to niche individual

I'm just wondering if anybody use e.g. 18" front 19" rear for their rims?

Deadkookaburra;598949 said:

Quite hard to navigate around because of the foreign language. Do you translate it first?

delrosa81;598967 said:
Depends on what U want, if U wan good FC, better "power" keep to stock. If you wan swee, go straight to at least 19" and if budget permits 20". You can meetup with some forummers and look at their rides, see how it looks and feels with rims of these sizes.

I don't think I really care about FC and comfort since my previous car is a WRX with super hard coils and was on 18" trying hard to achieve the hellaflush look. :errmm:

deioruomu;598984 said:
I'm just wondering if anybody use e.g. 18" front 19" rear for their rims?

Quite hard to navigate around because of the foreign language. Do you translate it first?

I don't think I really care about FC and comfort since my previous car is a WRX with super hard coils and was on 18" trying hard to achieve the hellaflush look. :errmm:
use front 235/35/19 and back 265/30/19 BEST (not BMW spce)
ans for the wheels 8.5x19 and back 9.5x19 if you can find

roberttan;599175 said:
use front 235/35/19 and back 265/30/19 BEST (not BMW spce)
ans for the wheels 8.5x19 and back 9.5x19 if you can find

So meaning nobody use a larger wheel in terms of circumference for the rear as compared to the front? It's always the same size at most staggered set up?

same size but wider like

a. 19x8.5 & 19x9.5
b. 19x8.5 & 19x10 or goes up to 19x11

deioruomu;599220 said:
So meaning nobody use a larger wheel in terms of circumference for the rear as compared to the front? It's always the same size at most staggered set up?
yes suerly that is somebody used out of spec or anything also can type of wheel on the road ,only not many people know.
I have even seen Audi OE rim (pcd 112) mounted on Hyundai and toyota (both pcd 114.3)
So HOW? no owner knows/no other shop is allow to exposed, what to do ,because now market flooded with many traded in OE audi rim ,so this unethical shop owner needs to find his way to get rid of this over traded wheel :mad:
happend also BMW (pcd 120) rim mounted on Jaguar (pcd 120.65) can ?:mad:

i'm currently running on front 235/35/19 and rear 265/30/19. This is the best combi for 320 E90 i found after changing wheels for 6 times:p

Bros, I just got myself 265/30/19 rims for the rear. After installing, I noticed the fenders are kinda close to my tyres. I am not sure if my tyres will hit/rub against the fenders if I have rear passengers. Any bros can share experience?

If it inevitable, pls let me know if I should roll the fenders. How much and where to do the job?

beamer001;600869 said:
i'm currently running on front 235/35/19 and rear 265/30/19. This is the best combi for 320 E90 i found after changing wheels for 6 times:p

Wah 6 times. Hahaha! Then your advice should definitely be taken! Stock rims and tyres give about 11km/L so how much did your car do when you change to 19" rims?

You didn't actually give me the specs of the rims. You gave me the specs of the tyres that are on your rims which might not be accurate since some people stretch their tyres on purpose to get the hellaflush look and some people don't. Are you using 8.5jj front and 9.5jj rear like what 'roberttan and wt_know' adviced me to get?

E90koh;602077 said:
Bros, I just got myself 265/30/19 rims for the rear. After installing, I noticed the fenders are kinda close to my tyres. I am not sure if my tyres will hit/rub against the fenders if I have rear passengers. Any bros can share experience?

If it inevitable, pls let me know if I should roll the fenders. How much and where to do the job?

Rolling of fenders range from $50 - $60 there about. You can go to Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2A level 4. Lye designs. I roll mine there on my previous car. Lots of continental cars go there too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back