RIMS for E90 320i

Re: RIMS for E90 320i

E90koh;602377 said:
I called Lye and they charging s$80 - $150. Kee kay liao.

You have to roll front and rear is it? I was charged $60 for my WRX (front only). I think more expensive for BMW since the body is harder. So if you're doing front and rear is about that price.

There is no front fender fold to roll..........

deioruomu;602501 said:
You have to roll front and rear is it? I was charged $60 for my WRX (front only). I think more expensive for BMW since the body is harder. So if you're doing front and rear is about that price.

Roll fenders for the rear only bro. I was charged s$100 total. It was less than an hour's job bcos not busy. Go ahead and it do. You wouldn't want your rims bang against your fenders etc.

beamer001;600869 said:
i'm currently running on front 235/35/19 and rear 265/30/19. This is the best combi for 320 E90 i found after changing wheels for 6 times:p

Hi to all brothers online,

I'm running on front 235/30/19 8.5" & rear 265/30/19 9.5" for my E90 323i.
But facing a headache with rear tires rubbing against the fender whenever i travel on bumppy road.

I have change the coil-over to HKS Hypermax 3 and set to 2 fingers clearance from the fenders, but the tires still rubbing the fenders whenever i carry passengers (just 2 normal size adult).

Anyone have any suggestion to resolve this problem?

Thanks a lot

Henry Yeo;604803 said:
Hi to all brothers online,

I'm running on front 235/30/19 8.5" & rear 265/30/19 9.5" for my E90 323i.
But facing a headache with rear tires rubbing against the fender whenever i travel on bumppy road.

I have change the coil-over to HKS Hypermax 3 and set to 2 fingers clearance from the fenders, but the tires still rubbing the fenders whenever i carry passengers (just 2 normal size adult).

Anyone have any suggestion to resolve this problem?

Thanks a lot
What's the offset of your rims?? Theoretically shouldn't rub. Maybe you lowered too much??

the problem is speed + bumpy roads + 2 adults at the rear. unless your coilover is soild boon pi pi
if that is the case, your coilover must be hard .... there is no best of both worlds
i always wonder how my buddy using JIC cross coilover with zero gap at the rear can take his family out

snowmanyee;604807 said:
What's the offset of your rims?? Theoretically shouldn't rub. Maybe you lowered too much??

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;604830 said:
the problem is speed + bumpy roads + 2 adults at the rear. unless your coilover is soild boon pi pi
if that is the case, your coilover must be hard .... there is no best of both worlds
i always wonder how my buddy using JIC cross coilover with zero gap at the rear can take his family out

But offset is also a crucial factor. If too low will rub. That's why I am curious what's his offset. Now have to think twice again whether to install coilovers cos my rims quite flush.

snowmanyee;604807 said:

Sorry for the late reply bros...
Year end coming, rushing to handover projects..

Not so sure about the size of offset. The rims comes with the car when i bought it.
I have tried to rectified the problem by:
1) camber the rear wheel
2) change coilovers
3) adjust clearance to 2 fingers (about 4cm)
Only have not roll the fenders yet.

BUT STILL RUBBING :verysad:

:helpp!::helpp!:

Henry Yeo;605343 said:
Sorry for the late reply bros...
Year end coming, rushing to handover projects..

Not so sure about the size of offset. The rims comes with the car when i bought it.
I have tried to rectified the problem by:
1) camber the rear wheel
2) change coilovers
3) adjust clearance to 2 fingers (about 4cm)
Only have not roll the fenders yet.

BUT STILL RUBBING :verysad:

:helpp!::helpp!:

Most likely the offsets of your rims are too aggressive. My ride is about minus 1 finger at the rear. Can carry 2 adults at the back wif luggage in the boot wif no issue of rubbing. Fenders also not rolled.

gr8golf88;605364 said:
Most likely the offsets of your rims are too aggressive. My ride is about minus 1 finger at the rear. Can carry 2 adults at the back wif luggage in the boot wif no issue of rubbing. Fenders also not rolled.

What the size of your offset?
Mine is staggard front 8.5" 235/30/19, rear 9.5" 265/30/19

Henry Yeo;605397 said:
What the size of your offset?
Mine is staggard front 8.5" 235/30/19, rear 9.5" 265/30/19

Henry, it's your offset lah... without a doubt. Your wheel and tyre specs are fine. I am running front 8" 225/40/18 (offset 35) and , rear 9" 265/35/18 (offset 38") and bo tai chi.

Last edited by a moderator:

pengful;605701 said:
Henry, it's your offset lah... without a doubt. Your wheel and tyre specs are fine. I am running front 8" 225/40/18 (offset 35) and , rear 9" 265/35/18 (offset 38") and bo tai chi.

Bro Pengful,

Do u know any place that custom-make offset for rims.
Because I'm using Schmidt Revolution Tuner Felgen rims

Tried a couple of rims shop. They simply say " change the rims la"

Henry Yeo;606528 said:
Bro Pengful,

you meant change yourr current rim offset?
dont ever think of it, machining to change the offset of wheel need precision job.
otherwise it may mess up your rim spec .
alternatively adding a good quailty wheel spacer is 1 option,but this only reduce your offset number.(exp curreny rim offset 38mm after adding 20mm your new offset became 18(38-20)
just my POV

Henry Yeo;606528 said:
Bro Pengful,

Can you post a picture of your rear wheels looking from the sides? Hard to visualise your problem. If the rubbing is caused by the wheels bulging out too much, then it is obvious your offsets are too aggressive. The rim shops may be right.

roberttan;606565 said:
you meant change yourr current rim offset?
dont ever think of it, machining to change the offset of wheel need precision job.
otherwise it may mess up your rim spec .
alternatively adding a good quailty wheel spacer is 1 option,but this only reduce your offset number.(exp curreny rim offset 38mm after adding 20mm your new offset became 18(38-20)
just my POV

Don't think too "sunken" in is his problem. I think it is probably too "bulging" out that is causing the rubbing. Don't think spacers help here.

Realized that after changing to 19' rims, i am always hearing screeching noise when car comes to a stop. It happens only during cold start. Once car is driven and warmed, sound disappears. PML says 'it's like that for all BMWs when upgrade to bigger rims'. Any experts can comment?

Another matter... Does anyone know / feel the car is different after using 19' rims? I don't know how to describe but maybe it feels more sensitive to the road conditions as compared to stock 16' rims. Any expert opinion?

Ultimately, the 19' rims look chio and I am sure I am just over kan cheong. :D

I'm on 18" for quite a while now and i feel that way too.
But the new PS3 tyres felt so much better when new compared to PS2 also when new. Grip to the roads much better, brakes much better and feels more stable and less "floaty". On wet roads these few days, wah, no horse run. Totally no regrets as much better then PS2.

Now my ride feels just right though still got the sreeching sound during cold start which i'm used to already...

Glad to know you like ps3. How much did you pay for them? Noisy? Specs show it's quieter than ps2.

As for the screeching noise, I am still trying hard to get used. It sure attracts a lot of attention. Now my office knows what time I reach office... Always late.:D

I'm no expert but I can comment that I'm having the same issue too having 19".

Bro check13, if possible can u pm me and E90koh on the price of PS3? At least can soften the noise issue...:laughlik:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokhung247net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back