Ron 95 or 98 for better mileage?

Hi, i am a newbie to BMW. Driving a 2017 F30 now. I am also pondering to try 95 but afraid that it will degrade the engine. Any expert here can reassure me that by pumping 95 fuel, the engine will not degrade but will loose out in performance only? Means if one day, i decided to be a speeder, i can go for V-power and my engine will perform to its optimal design spec?

I drive a F30 335i, I'm using 95 with no problem for many years. Once in a while, especially when I'm in JB, pump up with Vpower to enjoy a bit more power.

Unless you've got a aftermarket tune which specifies what Ron to use just follow what's in your car manual or on the fuel door. Sg fuel even 92 is considered premium fuel vs usa or aus. There are little to 0 benefits pumping 98 or v power.

I drive a F30 335i, I'm using 95 with no problem for many years. Once in a while, especially when I'm in JB, pump up with Vpower to enjoy a bit more power.
Thanks alot for the reply. Will go for 95 instead now

Unless you've got a aftermarket tune which specifies what Ron to use just follow what's in your car manual or on the fuel door. Sg fuel even 92 is considered premium fuel vs usa or aus. There are little to 0 benefits pumping 98 or v power.
I see. will go check my car manual

US uses MON, SG uses RON. RON92 is not “better” than MON91 in US. For high compression engines, it is always better to use the highest RON, for lesser pinging or knocking. Of course modern ECUs can compensate for this, 95 is perfectly fine, just not optimal.

When I was self driving in South Australia, RON 95 is considered 'Premium' petrol while RON92 is standard. Never see any RON97, 98 or 100 at the pumps. And they do have luxury makes on the roads, even turbo types

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back