Roof Spoiler Stolen

Azrielsc

Core Group Members
Roof spoiler stolen... that sucks man!

Look on the bright side, u can get replica ACS from Shedden!

Sorry about your loss though.

Re: Roof Spoiler Stolen

e46sg said:
Hi All,

just be more careful. My roof spoiler just got ripped off two nights ago.

Installed a month back only. MS design bought at Autovox. :verysad:

Reported to the police already but sometimes i find them very slack. Refused to take finger prints or and even suggested it might have flown off!

I take the highway every day and it never did :shoot:

Try to avoid parking at dark places i suppose.

:|

That really sucked. Unless someone saw the culprit ripping it off, there is really nothing much the police can do. Yah, you can consider getting one from Shedden. Mine's a AC rep and it fits pretty well (after some work by the spray paint shop).

Bro, on a sidenote, I am not too sure about the installation process of your roof spoiler, but when I'd bought mine together with Baracudax and Rodders, the 3M tapes could not hold for long. Hence we insisted that the spoiler is glued onto the rear windscreen using silicon glue. Sinceforth, it is quite difficult to detach the spoiler.

Anyhow, the misfortune could not be undone. Just take it easy and try to ID those E46s with roof spoilers...... hahaha......

kenntona said:
Bro, on a sidenote, I am not too sure about the installation process of your roof spoiler, but when I'd bought mine together with Baracudax and Rodders, the 3M tapes could not hold for long. Hence we insisted that the spoiler is glued onto the rear windscreen using silicon glue. Sinceforth, it is quite difficult to detach the spoiler.

Anyhow, the misfortune could not be undone. Just take it easy and try to ID those E46s with roof spoilers...... hahaha......

HI Bro,

yup, thats what i thought too, so when installing mine, i told the workshop to glue it using silicon, it must have taken quite a bit of effort to remove it.

Also, the MS design roof spoiler is quite a big piece and rather thick, makes it easier to remove i guess.

Sigh. :uhhh:

Another police cock up story. Can you slaim insurance for the spoiler?

Bolt on also no safe.

Read in the Rex forum that someone's real CF GT wing was stolen too....and it bolt on !! Best part is....no damages to the boot !! Impresssive skills !

Hi e46sg,
I empathize your situation (esp the police reporting situation).
my story is about a scratch (u could read from d forum topic).
I called the police also. told them i parked in brightly lit lot. They say its lik tat. ask me to cover my ride.
I asked whether can improve patrol. they said already improved.
Also ask me to report suspicious character. So how?? after d scratch, everyone is suspicious to me. So I told they how would i know who? they say i will know if i met one.
Ya. I told them when they r around to scratch or steal (for your case), the owner has already gone to sleep..
well, no constructive answer from them so far. The report i m told to consider establishing with them, dunno in d 1st place serve wat purpose.. :verysad:

Face it. Our police are pretty inept. I think the whole organisation is poorly run, the people are not motivated, and they dont think.

I ever reported case of attempted assault, threatening behaviour etc... and they say they can do nothing until blood has spilled or fists exchanged. Isnt it a bit too late?

I am amazed they say your roof spoiler could have flwon off. The force needs some shaking up. If it was me, I would fly a nice letter to the perm sec. If the police cant be depended to take care of citizens or to be pro-active in solving such "minor" cases, we might as well as get the NPCC instead. Those young brothers may even run faster.

:furious:

SMYUEN said:
Face it. Our police are pretty inept. I think the whole organisation is poorly run, the people are not motivated, and they dont think.

I ever reported case of attempted assault, threatening behaviour etc... and they say they can do nothing until blood has spilled or fists exchanged. Isnt it a bit too late?

I am amazed they say your roof spoiler could have flwon off. The force needs some shaking up. If it was me, I would fly a nice letter to the perm sec. If the police cant be depended to take care of citizens or to be pro-active in solving such "minor" cases, we might as well as get the NPCC instead. Those young brothers may even run faster.

:furious:

Bru lucky u didnt mention that whether they still remember knows how to draw a gun or not.....kekekekekek damn funni

To e46,

On the serious note, this roof spoiler being stolen is not uncommon.

cheer up bru!!!!

Sorry to hear about your loss man. At least you have a reason to look for different roof spoilers now.

Bro,

We face that problem all the time in Malaysia, that's why we rather buy replicas! No point buying ori and risk them being stolen. At least if kena stolen, our hearts also not so painful!!!

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss!

Regards,
Shedden

If vandals just rip of boot spoilers like the ACS 3 piece or m3 lip spoiler would that harm the paint?

jaskin said:
If vandals just rip of boot spoilers like the ACS 3 piece or m3 lip spoiler would that harm the paint?

Depends on the skill of the vandal :)

Most probably it will, my 3-pc ACS is stuck very very firmly on my car, so if the vandals manage to pull them out, confirm my paint will be affected! :(

Mik said:
Hi e46sg,
I called the police also. told them i parked in brightly lit lot. They say its lik tat. ask me to cover my ride.
Also ask me to report suspicious character. So how?? after d scratch, everyone is suspicious to me. So I told they how would i know who? they say i will know if i met one.
Ya. I told them when they r around to scratch or steal (for your case), the owner has already gone to sleep..
well, no constructive answer from them so far. The report i m told to consider establishing with them, dunno in d 1st place serve wat purpose.. :verysad:

Yup couldnt agree more.

They asked me if there is any suspects. I told them all i knew and it didnt help. It makes me think its just for the formality. Such cases are probably too minor for them to take any action. :(

Mik wrote:
Hi e46sg,
well, no constructive answer from them so far. The report i m told to consider establishing with them, dunno in d 1st place serve wat purpose..

"Yup couldnt agree more.

They asked me if there is any suspects. I told them all i knew and it didnt help. It makes me think its just for the formality. Such cases are probably too minor for them to take any action. "

I'm really sorry about what happened to you. My ride was vandalised before so I know how you must be feeling...

On the note of the response given by the police, I think in certain small ways, I disagree with you. True, Singapore Police is really on the whole useless and like the other organisations, is just placed there "for show only" cos every country needs some form of law enforcement. But pertaining to cases like this, I think we should take a step back and place ourselves in the shoes of the police.

I mean honestly, what on earth do you expect the police to do to solve your problem? Now before you hit the roof and say "There's a lot what!!!", lets look at it objectively...

On your side, as of now,
1) Something was wrongfully taken away from you
2) You dont know who did it
3) Nobody saw who took it
4) I assume this is the first time for you and that there has been no frequent cases of vehicular assoc theft in your area

Now honestly, given the above facts... what on earth do you EXPECT the police to do... ???

I believe in looking at expectations because if you notice when it comes to consumer/public dissatisfaction or complaints, most occur because expectations of the consumer does not concur with what the service provider deemed as sufficiently satisfactory . Either that or there was a miscommunication or poor communication (like in this case)

Do you expect the police to (realistically now...)

1) Scour the area looking for suspicious persons? Which look like ... what?
2) Do a complete house search of every home in the vicinity to recover the stolen goods?
3) Set up road blocks to inspect every car to see whether the stolen good is on it?

What?!?!

Believe me, the police gets as much shit complaints as the medical service gets ok... I mean people come to see the doctor for all kinds of reasons... some are downright stupid and trivial but they still EXPECT the health service to give them the world.

It's like if you come to me with complaints of diarrhea, I will treat the diarrhea first as simple food poisoning and at the same time look out for possibility of other sinister diarrhea-disease like cholera,shigella, crytococcus , colitis etc....
If you ask me what's the exact cause of the diarrhoea, I tell you that I wont know and at that stage not important to know... i mean what do you expect me to do??

Take stools samples? Interview every hawker that you visited last 1 week?
Shove a scope up your arse? What!?

Similarly, I would ask you similar pertinent questions like...

1) Did you notice coming into contact with someone having similar symptom? (ala Did you notice someone suspicious near your car?)
2) Does anyone else in your family have such symptoms (ala . Have your car or other cars in the vicinity been vandalised / stolen from before?)
3)Did you eat anything recently which you think may be the cause of your food poisoning? (ala Do you suspect anybody of having something against you?)

Now if the answers to the above questions are all NO, do you expect me to mobilise the whole TTSH Gastroenterological unit together with CDC (communicable disease centre) to find out what is causing your diarrhea???

Similarly, the police will need at least a repeat offence with some leads to actually warrant further investigation or else it wont be feasible.

What they should have improved on however is the way they convey their plan of action to you. Communication skills is obviously not one of the topic of study during their stay at the Academy I suppose. Just look at the standard of English that is used when they help you write a report; you should be the one helping them write it rather...

They should at least say that...

1) They're sorry about your loss
2) They will look into stepping up patrols (whether or not they can or will do it is another story...just saying it gives some form of reassurance)
3) They would appreciate any further information you can give them
4) They would notify you of any progress to the case.

Sometimes it's just a matter of effective communication that separates good service from the bad ones... That's why the SPF on the whole is so sucky...

Just my 2 cents worth....not taking sides here...

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT a man in blue...

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back