Run flat or non run flat tyres

Re: Run flat or non run flat tyres

no leh me put on michelin pss then realised big mistake bs 070 rft is the best...........whahahaha

arsenal62;991223 said:
no leh me put on michelin pss then realised big mistake bs 070 rft is the best...........whahahaha

Pls install heavy rims and tyres on your gtr... Then perhaps I got chance to Chiet you.

arsenal62;991223 said:
Bridgestone RE070 is a league above Michelin PSS lor i.e. Extreme Performance and Maximum Performance respectively.
RE070 maybe better than PSS in many aspect but wear rate and resistance to aqua-planning still PSS wins.

Btw, Potenza RE070 comes in RFT now?

Last edited by a moderator:

bs 070 is stock rft for GTR...but when wet abit scary.

momoboy;991168 said:
I do recall a friend of mine change back to RFT cos insurance co mentioned no claims if they discover car is not using the recommended RFT.....After hearing this, I still change to a NON RFT...cos I think it's full of shits....lol...

Would insurance rather replace RFT (more ex) or non RFT when there is a genuine claim?

Crap....must the rft be the same model and brand ?

momoboy;991168 said:
I do recall a friend of mine change back to RFT cos insurance co mentioned no claims if they discover car is not using the recommended RFT.....After hearing this, I still change to a NON RFT...cos I think it's full of shits....lol...

rt333;990053 said:
Hi

I am going to change my tyres soon for my F10 520. Shld I use back run flat or change to non run flat? Any tyres shops to recommend for tyres change? And wats the best price we can get for F10 stock tyres?I ask Stamford tyres they quote me abt $550 for 225/55 R17 on continental CPC2 only.

Thanks

I just change from run flat to non. So much nicer the ride.

Sgcarplate;991700 said:
I just change from run flat to non. So much nicer the ride.

Wats the cost? Urs also stock rims on f10 520?

is nothing wrong to switching to normal tyre which give you better comfort (does not applied to Z4)
more choice of tyre at lower cost.
BUT you were not ENJOY the Main advantage of runflat tyre which allow you to continue drving with lower or zero pressure.
But your runflat tyre still need to be check by tyre shop for leak and Patch (internal repair)if possible

I am having the same delima, Not sure if I should switch to normal tires. I have Run Flat now and have had no problems, have had 3 or 4 nails and the pressure sensor came on and got the tire fixed the next day, no stress. I agree the tires are hard and the ride is a bit rough, compared to normal tires. but peace of mind for sure.

Anyone had a flat tyre with normal tires in singapore on a F10 without a spare? what did you do?

On one of my previous tire puncture episodes - Drove slowly with my spare tyre in the trunk to the tyre shop.

The worst episode - The tyre burst while I was heading down the entrance of tampines mall and the car slated all the way to the left. Very noisy.

Despite turning the steering wheel all the way to the right .... The car continued to scrape the wall on the left all the way down to B1.

After that tried to jack the car up in the CP to change to the spare etc. The jack is crap.

In the end negotiated my way up the ramp and out of the CP and made my way to the tire shop slowly via small roads. Stopped at petrol stations to pump air along the way.

chanakaf;995416 said:
I am having the same delima, Not sure if I should switch to normal tires. I have Run Flat now and have had no problems, have had 3 or 4 nails and the pressure sensor came on and got the tire fixed the next day, no stress. I agree the tires are hard and the ride is a bit rough, compared to normal tires. but peace of mind for sure.

Anyone had a flat tyre with normal tires in singapore on a F10 without a spare? what did you do?

I replaced my stock PS2 with new set of PS2 and the new tyres give a much more quieter and comfortable ride than before. Hence, it is a common misconception that only changing to non RFT will give a significant improvement in ride comfort. The tyre shop shared with me that PSS will in fact be noisier and less comfortable especially in the long run.

I'm on Goodyear Excellence RFTs, pretty quiet and grip is good too.

That is interesting .....

ktnpl;995521 said:
I replaced my stock PS2 with new set of PS2 and the new tyres give a much more quieter and comfortable ride than before. Hence, it is a common misconception that only changing to non RFT will give a significant improvement in ride comfort. The tyre shop shared with me that PSS will in fact be noisier and less comfortable especially in the long run.

I am also in a dilemma as to whether to change to RFT or Non RFT. I got feedback that Non RFT are definitely quieter and more comfy as compare to RFT due to the thicker wall that they have. Another factor is the cost. In the event if i got a punctured tyre on the RFT, best is to tow it to the nearest tyre shop.

kyubi;1046448 said:
I am also in a dilemma as to whether to change to RFT or Non RFT. I got feedback that Non RFT are definitely quieter and more comfy as compare to RFT due to the thicker wall that they have. Another factor is the cost. In the event if i got a punctured tyre on the RFT, best is to tow it to the nearest tyre shop.
It is based on each own's preferences of what is priority.

I went with RFT on my current ride after years of using top charters of non-RFT e.g. RE-11, AO22. Well, 3rd/4th Gen RFT are not as noisy or uncomfortable as those in the past, those were the old days of 1st and 2nd gen RFT.

kyubi;1046448 said:

If you drive out of SG often, it would be safer to use RFTs.
I'm on my 3rd set of RFTs.

Why the need to tow car when RFT puncture?
When mine had OBC prompt.....drove slowly about 60-70 kph to
nearest tyre shop.

I agree that if driving out of sg without a spare can be a big risk if not on RFT.
The stock Dunlop Sportmaxx GT is pretty quiet I thought.

Forgot the brand of RFT from stock but 2nd set of Goodyear Eagles RFT were noisier and gave a harder ride than the Goodyear Excellence RFT which I changed to a couple of weeks ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubcfd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back