Run Flat Tires

Re: Run Flat Tires

Depends on your size of your tyres...
Check with our site sponsors...they can give u good price too! :)

I paid $550 for Bridgestone 245/40R18 RE050A, including GST.

Was quoted $480 for Dunlop RF.

Lifespan for RF seems to be shorter than normal tyres. 20,000km. Could be also bcos I use AYE everyday - very very rough road.

Noisy, but very convenient when a nail beats you to it - kena twice on way to son's school.

Can patch when nail is on flat face. Don't bother to read all the hundreds of articles on RF can patch or not.

Just make sure after every pumping of air, reset iDrive to get accurate reading.

MapleLeaf;907374 said:
I paid $550 for Bridgestone 245/40R18 RE050A, including GST. Was quoted $480 for Dunlop RF.
Errrr, 245/40/R18? Or do u mean 245/35/R18? May I ask is for 1 single tyre? Wow! Looks like my personal lobang is cheap, I got my 245/35/R18 at ~S$200 less before GST.

MapleLeaf;907375 said:
Lifespan for RF seems to be shorter than normal tyres. 20,000km. Could be also bcos I use AYE everyday - very very rough road.

Noisy, but very convenient when a nail beats you to it - kena twice on way to son's school.

Can patch when nail is on flat face. Don't bother to read all the hundreds of articles on RF can patch or not.

Just make sure after every pumping of air, reset iDrive to get accurate reading.
I second that. Issue about RF cannot patch is in e yester-years, current 3rd/4th generation RF does not have patching issues unless kana sidewall.

leslie11;907958 said:
Baby1M, you're on RFTs? Isn't it really hard on your @ss?
Nope, it is actually still comfortable. RF are now into their 3rd or 4th generation era so the uncomfortable ride or hard on butts where many users complaint about is not really valid IMHO. Also I m not complainting taking an example below:

My previous ride on non-RF is harder on my @ss compared to current with RFT, LMAO.

Anyway I am willing to forsake some comfort for more safety :p

Last edited by a moderator:

brian_tay;907282 said:
Hi,

Anyone can advice what is the average price for our run flat tire?

Sorry to answer your qn with a follow up qn, but are you looking to buy or to sell?

My 18" stock gy f1a2 runflat quite comfy to my surprise.

Fantastic tyres.

leslie11;907980 said:
Sorry to answer your qn with a follow up qn, but are you looking to buy or to sell?

Looking to buy but not now yet. Just wish to have a feel of the budget I need to set aside. So $500 is for 1 tyre? So a set of 4 is $2k? Wow... that's steep compared to normal tyres.

I'd suggest going to the regular haunts to get quotes. Either way, you'll have to get from one of them right?

leslie11;907977 said:
Good for you, you got to give me a taxi ride soon!
Why leh? It should be similiar to your ride's comfort unless u want to feel e difference in comfort and torque under heavy right foot :lol:

Hi All, can i just ask separately....

1) the 116 comes with default 4 x RF tyres right?
2) If Q1 is true, we cannot use normal tyres unless we change our own tyres on the next round?
3) Is that true that RF tyres can only last for 20KM? Because it will be flat easier or the surface will go bald easier compare to normal tyres?
4) What are the real advantages of RF tyres? If there is no long distance drive say to go malaysia, etc.

Thanks,
BB

Baby_Beemer;911603 said:
Hi All, can i just ask separately....

1) the 116 comes with default 4 x RF tyres right? - most Bimmers nowadays come with RF tyres. So yes, yours would have RF tyres.
2) If Q1 is true, we cannot use normal tyres unless we change our own tyres on the next round? - yes. but note once u change to normal tyres, no space to put spare tyre unlike other car makes.
3) Is that true that RF tyres can only last for 20KM? Because it will be flat easier or the surface will go bald easier compare to normal tyres? - if i am not wrong, the RF would last for around 50-100KM and should not exceed speed limit of 80km/h.
4) What are the real advantages of RF tyres? If there is no long distance drive say to go malaysia, etc. - the only advantage of RF is that you save boot space to carry an extra spare tyre. But do note, it is slightly ex than the normal tyres.

Thanks,
BB

Hello baby beemer...please see my reply above to the best of my knowledge.. =)

i'm trying to sound "Professional" ..... sart not?
mai chek ah...

kevinbmw;911611 said:
Hello baby beemer...please see my reply above to the best of my knowledge.. =)

Hi Kevin, many thanks for the response!
But " RF would last for around 50-100KM and should not exceed speed limit of 80km/h."
How would anyone buy a BMW and keep @ 80km/h??

That just doesnt sound like a good buy at all.............. :(

Baby_Beemer;911626 said:
Wait wait.... means RF tyres cannot go more than 80km/hr?? Is this what u mean????
:huhhuh:

Hi baby beemer,

what i meant was if the tyre is punctured, the RF will kick in and would last you a distance of 50-100km. Enough for you to drive to the nearest workshop to have your tyres changed.

The speed restriction is only advisable if your tyres are punctured. =)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back