Servicing at Munich Automobile

Re: Servicing at Munich Automobile

detach8;677181 said:
fwah... 24 bottles?!?!? u group buy izzit?! can share share for next svc? :p

Bo la... Bot during Carrefour Expo sale... $10/quart... bot 4 boxes lor... can last 4 servicing :sleepy:

Just called Munich today. Seems like can't bring oil already. Anyone can confirm??

Centurion9990;677186 said:
Bo la... Bot during Carrefour Expo sale... $10/quart... bot 4 boxes lor... can last 4 servicing :sleepy:

Can share a pic of this mobil 1 engine oil? What grade?

Ahwing;711432 said:
Can share a pic of this mobil 1 engine oil? What grade?

M1BASE_0W40_top.gif

Link Here

Mobil 1 0w40... Last weekend saw Giant having the same promo... $9.90/quart...

This grade 0w40 is good n right for f10 523 bro?

PML has the irritating habit of charging $6.50 for wiper tank top-up without asking you and even if your wiper tank is full. It is not a lot of money but it makes PML looks cheapskate. Does MA do that too?

Ahwing;711439 said:
This grade 0w40 is good n right for f10 523 bro?

Yea good enough for my F10... I think AD are using these specs as well... Last time when I was on my E90... My friend and I used 0w30 on both our E90... His driving style was aggressive, used sport mode all the time while I was on auto... Eventually his engine oil started leaking... Sent back to PML and diagnose... SA advised 0w40 the minimum specs for BMW engines... Since then i'm back to 0w40 liao...

Centurion9990;711447 said:
Yea good enough for my F10... I think AD are using these specs as well... Last time when I was on my E90... My friend and I used 0w30 on both our E90... His driving style was aggressive, used sport mode all the time while I was on auto... Eventually his engine oil started leaking... Sent back to PML and diagnose... SA advised 0w40 the minimum specs for BMW engines... Since then i'm back to 0w40 liao...

Thanks a lot bro, I go get some

Ahwing;711448 said:
Thanks a lot bro, I go get some

Don't mention :) btw, our refined L6 need abt 7bottles/quarts per servicing...

aiya....last week i was at Giant..dinno got offer....next time must hoot

hope this week still have i go check..

Centurion9990;711447 said:
Engine oil leak has nothing to do with viscosity of engine oil. Kena sian!

On the other hand, i think N42 supposed to be using LL01-FE, i.e. 0W-30.

Centurion9990;674444 said:
Ya, I know PML can bring own oil... But waiting time minimum 6hrs :naughty:

how would you know that the service tech used the engine oil which you brought along? customers cannot enter workshop to look at car being worked on!

davidtch;711500 said:
Engine oil leak has nothing to do with viscosity of engine oil. Kena sian!

On the other hand, i think N42 supposed to be using LL01-FE, i.e. 0W-30.

I dunno abt that man... Then he went to a few sponsors reputable workshops here... spent 10k on parts replacement, engine oil still leak and eventually was told have to change engine... the leak was serious... every 3 days gonna top up... lastly went to a lao jiao mechanic... all he did was used 10w50 engine oil and the oil leak stop! the drive is rough and jerky, at least no more oil leak...

ktnpl;711443 said:
PML has the irritating habit of charging $6.50 for wiper tank top-up without asking you and even if your wiper tank is full. It is not a lot of money but it makes PML looks cheapskate. Does MA do that too?

I think PML upgrade to wiper washer @ $20.00 already. :eek:

Have to inform CSA @ MA so they wont touch it. *PML even inform, still charged ~~

Cheers ~~ :)

Centurion9990;711602 said:
I dunno abt that man... Then he went to a few sponsors reputable workshops here... spent 10k on parts replacement, engine oil still leak and eventually was told have to change engine... the leak was serious... every 3 days gonna top up... lastly went to a lao jiao mechanic... all he did was used 10w50 engine oil and the oil leak stop! the drive is rough and jerky, at least no more oil leak...
Based on what u have described, seems like that engine uplorry & needs overhaul. Using 10w-50 is juz a stopgap solution.

davidtch;711722 said:
Based on what u have described, seems like that engine uplorry & needs overhaul. Using 10w-50 is juz a stopgap solution.

Engine confirmed uplorry and its a temporary solution...

MapleLeaf;671194 said:
My car is in Munich today. Asked them to do a pre warranty-expire full inspection and activate whatever claims necessary. And that's because i have lost faith in PML.... althogether.

Already, they have telephoned me that my stablaliser bar bush needs replacement and i have given them the go-ahead, under warranty claim.

Does Munich automobile honor extended 1yr warranty by ppsl?
Will going MA before 3rd yr warranty is up void by 1yr extended warranty from ppsl?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back