Servicing at Munich Automobile

Re: Servicing at Munich Automobile

Need advice from bros here: Where do you go for 75k servicing and how much does it cost? Mine is a E90 320i. Tks.

Munich has its own drawbacks too. Perhaps as they are a new setup, so the staff aren't as experienced as PML for servicing lists. Their phone bookings are also not as smoothly managed as PML, the operator/receptionist is not familiar with the various servicing plans BMW typically has (inspections etc).

The MA staff are all very polite and attentive, but the general feel is that they are still learning as they go. Owners who are clear on what they want done on servicing will be fine (ie: you know what additional work, and the basic items you'd expect on the service).

For PML, you sometimes encounter very knowledgeable CSAs and it's not too bad an experience, but of course you have to be careful with things like dents or scratches on collection. Their parts counter is also much better stocked than Munich, and personally feel PML locations are more accessible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just a word of caution to other people who are looking to use Munich Auto for servicing.

I sent my car in for a regular interval servicing, and discovered they had overlooked the aircon filter replacement. Later when i drove the car, i discovered my tires were underinflated despite all tires inflated correctly when sent in. This despite both items being check list points on the inspection service. Nothing out of the ordinary was highlighted for either item when I collected the car.

The staff were apologetic about the oversight, and the microfilter was changed on the spot after i requested it when i reviewed my bill and saw it wasn't listed. for the tires, it was a hassle cos all the shops were closed for the long weekend and i had to use regular air instead of nitrogen.

my point in raising this is to highlight that you need to be familiar with the servicing list so you can double check Munich Auto's work. Frankly, I am now concerned whether the rest of my servicing checks were done correctly. I have already contacted my service advisor for more details on the oversight points and to get peace of mind over whether all other safety checks were truly conducted.

slowly MA will catch up PML service standard in view of explosion sales of BMW
i worried for the M owners if received sub standard service :lol:

wt_know;727996 said:

Normal BMW cars servicing interval is 24,000 km.

M series servicing interval is 124,000km. Once a lifetime only mah.

Does Munich Automobile provides Fast Lane Service like PML??? The location quite wulu... Dunno what to do there while waiting for servicing to be done...

Centurion9990;728194 said:
Does Munich Automobile provides Fast Lane Service like PML??? The location quite wulu... Dunno what to do there while waiting for servicing to be done...

Yes they have. Do a M test drive lor.

wish me luck...

Car going in to munich for servicing tomorrow...

and get the steering grinding sound rectified.... hopefully....
issue was not resolved the first time and the low tone noise is getting very annoying

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;727996 said:

the M cars are serviced in a separate garage section, no? where its totally visible. regular bmws go upstairs.

porky88;728889 said:
wish me luck...

Car going in to munich for servicing tomorrow...

and get the steering grinding sound rectified.... hopefully....
issue was not resolved the first time and the low tone noise is getting very annoying

where did u send it the first time?

Hi,

Just wanna share my experience:

After i ran over a very bad pothole, I suspected my rear suspension was damage so I sent in my e92 335 for suspension change last month at m auto. My rear wheels looked damm fierce and so low that it was almost touching the wheel housing!!? Previously, I had been servicing my car at pml for the past 3 years while under warranty.

I called my usual advisor at pml only to find out that he was fully booked till 2 weeks later. So I decided to call munich and someone told me to just drop by the next day.

I was very impressed. The level of service is much better compared to pml. Less crowded, prompt response, friendly and helpful service advisor. He even brought me to the garage area to show me the under carriage of my car and showed me whats wrong. Whatever parts that I requested for was promptly quoted to me and pictures were emailed to me upon request.

I even asked them to replace my stock sports steering with the m full alcantara performance steering with m paddle shifts. Reasonably priced (similarly priced compared to pml) for parts. In my humble opinion, u can choose to visit any workshops we like but at the end of the day, the experience largely depends on human factor, not just prices. The person who listens and bother to find out what is wrong with your car, the person who takes ownership and gives useful suggestions, will always make me feel assured that my ride is in good hands.

We have to pay anyway, so why not pay and feel good at the same time. That is exactly how happy I was when I collected my car from them before Christmas.

Well done m auto.

mlmooy;729038 said:
Hi,

Just wanna share my experience:

After i ran over a very bad pothole, I suspected my rear suspension was damage so I sent in my e92 335 for suspension change last month at m auto. My rear wheels looked damm fierce and so low that it was almost touching the wheel housing!!? Previously, I had been servicing my car at pml for the past 3 years while under warranty.

I called my usual advisor at pml only to find out that he was fully booked till 2 weeks later. So I decided to call munich and someone told me to just drop by the next day.

I was very impressed. The level of service is much better compared to pml. Less crowded, prompt response, friendly and helpful service advisor. He even brought me to the garage area to show me the under carriage of my car and showed me whats wrong. Whatever parts that I requested for was promptly quoted to me and pictures were emailed to me upon request.

I even asked them to replace my stock sports steering with the m full alcantara performance steering with m paddle shifts. Reasonably priced (similarly priced compared to pml) for parts. In my humble opinion, u can choose to visit any workshops we like but at the end of the day, the experience largely depends on human factor, not just prices. The person who listens and bother to find out what is wrong with your car, the person who takes ownership and gives useful suggestions, will always make me feel assured that my ride is in good hands.

We have to pay anyway, so why not pay and feel good at the same time. That is exactly how happy I was when I collected my car from them before Christmas.

Well done m auto.

Good to hear more positive reviews of Munich Automobile... A better option for BMW owners who bought from AD :) Btw, welcome aboard!

mlmooy;729038 said:

sounds like you had the the good luck of a decent c s a.

to be fair, lesser crowd and faster appointment just means they have less customers. even j 4 c has one week waitlist for servicing.

I recall when j 4 c could take my car in with a days notice. now I need to book almost as far in advance as with PML.

Hi all,
Bought a used E90. Any good lobang where to do servicing? What is the price for a full synthetic oil change? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back