Sharing: Creaks and Cracks in the cabin

Re: Sharing: Creaks and Cracks in the cabin

after readg ths long thread .... i start to pray everytime i drive my car..... seem to b common probm for the 3 series.... :errmm:

R335;586986 said:
after readg ths long thread .... i start to pray everytime i drive my car..... seem to b common probm for the 3 series.... :errmm:

never had it until driving my car again after 6 weeks.

noise appeared on my side.

was exasperated until i read this thread.

was willing to pay as i dun want to make an appt w pml.

the j&j powder works.

happy.

wanna share my solution on creaking and rattling noise in cabin.

Seat belt "head" (the one nearer to the seat) - it is rubbing the leather seat and thus causing all those noise.
Solution - go DIY shop, buy 1 packet of furniture protector. those that you can cut and stick to the leg of your chairs. cut then into sizes and paste them at the plastic seat belt head facing the leather. swee swee. colour also matching.

Creaking or knocking sound from doors, esp when driving at low speed and uneven road.
Solution - check your door sills x 4. may be them. I took them out and run 3M double sided tape and put them back. swee swee. no more noise!

now......only noise is that stupid loose nut or what noise from my driver seat. think too "chim" for me to fix liao.

tiger1;587061 said:
now......only noise is that stupid loose nut or what noise from my driver seat. think too "chim" for me to fix liao.

how's the sound like bro? Mine is like 'cracking' instead of 'squeaking' sound. Suspected the sound from the plastic part of the seat. When tension on the seat belt, it pulls up the plastic part of the seat hence the sound. Either the rubbing between the plastic and leather, or the plastic material itself.

I had the creeking sound before. I thought It is normal until one of the PML mechanic drove my car for test drive and realised it. He said the creeking sound can be eliminated by sticking on tape on the inner side of the door frame. I works. No more creeking sound. My car was under warranty then. FOC.

just wanna share. it was raining super heavy this afternoon. surprisingly, when i enter my usual carpark, the entire cabin was dead quiet!!!! no annoying sound from the doors at all. maybe rain lubricated the rubber?

thought shd share my finding so that we can solve the sound problem more accurately. :)

tiger1;591535 said:
just wanna share. it was raining super heavy this afternoon. surprisingly, when i enter my usual carpark, the entire cabin was dead quiet!!!! no annoying sound from the doors at all. maybe rain lubricated the rubber?

thought shd share my finding so that we can solve the sound problem more accurately. :)
I notice cracking sounds under hot weather and quietness in cold weather. It could be due to simple science theory: expansion and contraction. :)

My solution for cracking/creaking door cost me less than $10. Simple and easy..

Hi there

Any one experienced sounds from the door lock / pin area? low volume vibrating sound...damn irritating..:(

I experienced the seat belt lock plastic brushing against the leather seat (possibly cos i raise my seat quite high and in front) so i just put a cloth in between the seat belt lock and the leather seat.

Cheers

not sure if im posting in the right thread... i only hear the 'squeaking sound' when i drive through humps hastily.. and on uneven surface..

could the prob be this? :whattheh:

dantito,

This is the sign.. u r on the right thread..

Hi all, my new X5 started to have a squeaking sound from the steering column whenever I make a left turn. My car is new with only 1,500 km mileage. Anyone knows what the problem might be? I bought mine from a PI so I will be sending it to MBM later this week to have it checked.

opvaulet;534294 said:
Its industrialised 3M magic tape. Some people have reported less creaking and cracking noises after installation of strut bar possibly due to adding rigidity to the chassis.
that tape cost only $10 per roll. ouch! I think some bearing grease on the same area would help as well?

Joseph0883;593073 said:
Hi all, my new X5 started to have a squeaking sound from the steering column whenever I make a left turn. My car is new with only 1,500 km mileage. Anyone knows what the problem might be? I bought mine from a PI so I will be sending it to MBM later this week to have it checked.

do let us know the solution once done, i seem to have similar issue, not that it is causing any serious irritation atm.

snowmanyee;580674 said:
Bro. As described earlier, it's like "biting" sound whenever coming to a complete stop and moving off when releasing the brake. Not sure front or rear brakes but quite loud and at times it will squeak as well. Try to bed in my brakes but still got the sound. The technician said it's normal and also claimed that it could be my aftermarket rims cos of it's heavy weight. He said nothing can be done as they had similar problems with other cars before and couldn't resolve the problem.

I had this pair of OEM brake pads from Khangs Auto. (the pads are Green if seen from the outside.
They squeel quite alot after a while. after this pair i changed back to the original stock brake pads, the sound is gone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
88vinlol
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back