Sharing: Creaks and Cracks in the cabin

Re: Sharing: Creaks and Cracks in the cabin

wt_know;572414 said:
do you mean PML tape 3 doors and left 1 door untape or they never tape the doors but only grease them ?

i remember reading some posts that PML has stopped using the 3M tape (costly?)
last post -> http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-whats-happening-my-bmw/39315-sharing-creaks-cracks-cabin-5.html

in this thread a bro posted using "talcum method", which works for him ... dead silent and can last for weeks

else, go back to PML and insist on putting 3M tape instead of gummi fledge spray/grease

the door sound is due to the panel not fixed properly....PML worksmanship sucks...so far not much noise...hope i dont have to use other methods soon.

Thanks!

Bro Detach8

It don't sound from outside. more from inside the cabin compartment near audio or gear selection area. You mean using the powder will help, I will definitely try if can.

honda;572689 said:
Bro Detach8

It don't sound from outside. more from inside the cabin compartment near audio or gear selection area. You mean using the powder will help, I will definitely try if can.

oh if it doesnt come from the door, then i don't know liao.

mine comes from the door, and the talcum powder fixed it.

now i have noise sounds like coming from my front suspension/engine bay when i go thru hard bumps

living in hdb is not that good nowadays, there's alot of small roads, sharp turns and bumps just before a turn/after a turn. our car body twist and turn like chee cheong fun

zorro;535345 said:
My micky mouse car has the screetching sound which is caused by thesafety belt lock rubbing on the side of the driver seat...try putting leather cream on the side of the seat but no help...still trying to think what to apply...

My window has rubbing sound when open and close due to the rubber moulding around the glass and stil searching for the right rubber grease...

I had the exact same problem with my seatbelt buckle.... until I lowered the seat height... viola! no more squeaking sound!! I'm happy with this "free" solution...

I hear an incessant creak, albeit very tiny, coming from the driver side window whenever I go over little bumps. It sounds like the glass is moving ever so slightly against the rubber window seal.

However, mine's an E92 so my window does not have a frame, so the creak can't be from the door frame rubber rubbing against the rubber seal. Any E92 bros care to offer their experience/solution?

Cheers!

bro, its the velvet rubbing against your body frame la...:)

Velvet on which part of the door? It sounds like it's coming from the windows though, cos if I lower the window just a tiny bit, the creaks go away.

scoobysix;573720 said:
I hear an incessant creak, albeit very tiny, coming from the driver side window whenever I go over little bumps. It sounds like the glass is moving ever so slightly against the rubber window seal.

However, mine's an E92 so my window does not have a frame, so the creak can't be from the door frame rubber rubbing against the rubber seal. Any E92 bros care to offer their experience/solution?

Cheers!

i am driving e93. probably its the rubber piece adjacent to your passenger door when its close. passengers struggling to get out from the back usually rub that rubber piece and it may become loose after a while.

:D wow!... something in common with my faithful 1991 toyota AE101!... modern western technology finally meets the east ....

zorro;535345 said:
My micky mouse car has the screetching sound which is caused by thesafety belt lock rubbing on the side of the driver seat...try putting leather cream on the side of the seat but no help...still trying to think what to apply...

My window has rubbing sound when open and close due to the rubber moulding around the glass and stil searching for the right rubber grease...

temp :: handprotector.jpg picture by jeffliow - Photobucket

i cover it by using those hand protector(badminton)

Hi Chershen,
Please can you show us a picture where place the 3M tape? Thanks!

chershen;571165 said:
bro, get the 3m foam type double sided type and place in btw the dash and the clip. wala!

Just another quick update.. it has been weeks, or even >1 month (can't remember when I applied the talc powder) and the noise from the doors never came back

in fact i am hearing OTHER noises now. ARGH

maybe its time to change your car:thumbsup:

Got very irritating sound (like something loose) whenever going over uneven roads. It comes somewhere from under the steering wheel or leg compartment area. I still couldn't find the exact place. Anybody encounter similar sounds from that area?

snowmanyee, i have the same noise as well. it sounds like 'konk' whenever you go through a bump... from somewhere in front of you, below the steering.

i am suspecting engine mount actually

how old is your ride? i'll get mine checked on next servicing.

detach8;577270 said:
snowmanyee, i have the same noise as well. it sounds like 'konk' whenever you go through a bump... from somewhere in front of you, below the steering.

i am suspecting engine mount actually

how old is your ride? i'll get mine checked on next servicing.

my ride is one month old. My irritatig sound is actually from within the cabin so I don't think it's the engine mount for my case. It's something loose or not installed perfectly (or due to expansion and contraction) and I suspect that it could be from the driver seat instead ... still find it hard to determine the area.... dunno how to explain the sound (it's something like the noise made by cricket or cicada but of course much softer), not loud but very irritating. :verysad:

Last edited by a moderator:

could it be the seat belt buckle ?
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-w...sharing-creaks-cracks-cabin-4.html#post568107
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-whats-happening-my-bmw/13022-diy-solving-seatbelt-creaks.html

snowmanyee;577302 said:
my ride is one month old. My irritatig sound is actually from within the cabin so I don't think it's the engine mount for my case. It's something loose or not installed perfectly (or due to expansion and contraction) and I suspect that it could be from the driver seat instead ... still find it hard to determine the area.... dunno how to explain the sound (it's something like the noise made by cricket or cicada but of course much softer), not loud but very irritating. :verysad:

Last edited by a moderator:

I have identified these creaks coming from:

1) Below my driver seat, esp when i shift my weight

2) The signal indicator casing

3) Center console (where the air con dials, radio, etc)

:p

sent my car to pml this morning. the technician had ascertained the creaks in my car and had an appointment to fix it next week. However, I was quite disappointed when he said nothing could be done to my squeaking brakes as he claimed that it was from my aftermarket rims.

snowmanyee;580600 said:
sent my car to pml this morning. the technician had ascertained the creaks in my car and had an appointment to fix it next week. However, I was quite disappointed when he said nothing could be done to my squeaking brakes as he claimed that it was from my aftermarket rims.
What kind of squeaking sound? Please describe in more detail.

Is is coming from front or rear brake?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwin33net2
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back