Should S'pore have bicycle lanes?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Should S'pore have bicycle lanes?

I think before the authority can do anything about the isuse, they would need to establish whether cycling
is the new form of transportation on this island or is it a expensive fad else how to justify the spending and allocation
of resources before kana blasting by us for wasting our tax payer monies. Frankly, i think in other countries,
bicycle lanes could be design more for basic transportation than for hobbies purposes.
Meanwhile just take care of yourselves using the most primitive instinct which is avoiding collision with anything lah.
Isn't this how we grow up ? SIAM EH!

totoseow;878088 said:
2. ALL cyclists need to carry some form of licence to be on the road. otherwise u stay on PCNs. so a limited form of highway code perhaps.

3. policing. on both sides. errant cyclists n errant motorists who think their road tax is king. this is prob most important.
bring this back
melb1-197-225x300.jpg

totoseow;878088 said:
2. ALL cyclists need to carry some form of licence to be on the road. otherwise u stay on PCNs. so a limited form of highway code perhaps.

Cha-ching! Lui hear$ you loud and clear :lol:

My friend Freddy Khoo was killed last Saturday because a truck ran into them along Loyang. Apparently, the driver fell asleep and eyewitness said the truck was weaving before the collision.

I was shocked, and I asked of the hundreds of cyclist on Coastal, why him ! He left behind a young son and a pregnant wife. His funeral is today, in fact now.

There are 3 types of cyclist, 1.Pro wannabes like myself who dress up and rides on the road, 2. Typical market cyclist who rides on pavement and try to run pedestrian off, and 3. FT cyclist who rides because it's their mode of transport, both on pavement and road, usually opposite the flow of traffic !

The problem for group 1 cyclist is not infrastructure, trust me, I do not see us riding in bicycle lanes when we train or ride as a group. The only way I can see to avoid more deaths for group 1 is for motorist and cyclist alike to share the road and be courteous to one another ! This starts with respect for human lives, and motorist has to stop behaving as if because they paid COE equivalent to the GDP of a small country and annual road tax, they feel it's their entitlement to drive as they wish, and anyone else can fish off.

Yes, if a cyclist flaunt traffic rules, they should be hauled up and fined ! A lot of group 1 cyclist are drivers and they are very much aware of traffic rules and yes, they routinely flaunt traffic rules too. But, so do motorist, I see a lot of motorist who shoot red lights and change lane without signaling every day. The trick here is enforcement, both for cyclist and motorist, and that is a job for TP ! I was fined for cycling on a pedestrian crossing at Tampines, rightly so, and I meekly accepted the fine.

Bicycle lanes would apply for commuting and group 2 & 3 cyclist. Honestly, I do not even want to even think about the implementation, cost and building of bicycle lanes in a built-up Singapore. We done too little too late to worry about bicycle lanes now.

Please share the road, have patience and mutual respect for one another, whether one pays road tax, COE, ERP or not. Not worth a life to prove your angst at the high cost of owning a vehicle in Singapore.

Delete - no point debating. Gov you say what what lor.

Last edited by a moderator:

kenntona;877846 said:
So when the bus stops, the bikes....

(a) all stop and wait for bus passengers to alight;
(b) filter right into second lane and overtake the bus risking collision with the cars; or
(c) squeeze between the bus and the bus stop and risk running down the alighting passengers?

And if the bikes are ahead of the bus and the bus gotta tail the bikes at the bikes' pace, why need the bus lanes at all?

a or b depending on traffic and how brave I feel at that moment. Never c. Normally the bus will squeeze past me if FT driver or overtake on second lane if local driver.

For using the bus lane illegally, I always try to let busses have right of way when I am driving.

20mins ago, 3 young cyclists with big headphone dashed across a traffic light which already appeared red last 20sec & the last rider almost hit by a car that having the right of way. I think for this case is not the pavement or cycle lane that matters, is a the dumb ass rider.

Thats why I say no one to catch. Same thing happened to me, and I almost hit the cyclist, 20metres ahead a is a TP beside his bike watchingthe whole thing, in my mind is swee liao, that bugger will kanna pull to the side and fined, but no, TP didnt do anything, I gave the TP that WTF look. They rather fine poor ah pek cycling on pavement.

Just spotted at around 10pm tonight...

Cops at loyang ave with speed gun.

At least they are doing something.

jinooi;878793 said:
Just spotted at around 10pm tonight...

Cops at loyang ave with speed gun.

At least they are doing something.

They there to shoot the cyclists?

iScoupe;878797 said:
They there to shoot the cyclists?
If cyclist found exceed speed limit, got fine or not??

Bat69;878235 said:
My friend Freddy Khoo was killed last Saturday because a truck ran into them along Loyang. Apparently, the driver fell asleep and eyewitness said the truck was weaving before the collision.

I was shocked, and I asked of the hundreds of cyclist on Coastal, why him ! He left behind a young son and a pregnant wife. His funeral is today, in fact now.

There are 3 types of cyclist, 1.Pro wannabes like myself who dress up and rides on the road, 2. Typical market cyclist who rides on pavement and try to run pedestrian off, and 3. FT cyclist who rides because it's their mode of transport, both on pavement and road, usually opposite the flow of traffic !

The problem for group 1 cyclist is not infrastructure, trust me, I do not see us riding in bicycle lanes when we train or ride as a group. The only way I can see to avoid more deaths for group 1 is for motorist and cyclist alike to share the road and be courteous to one another ! This starts with respect for human lives, and motorist has to stop behaving as if because they paid COE equivalent to the GDP of a small country and annual road tax, they feel it's their entitlement to drive as they wish, and anyone else can fish off.

Yes, if a cyclist flaunt traffic rules, they should be hauled up and fined ! A lot of group 1 cyclist are drivers and they are very much aware of traffic rules and yes, they routinely flaunt traffic rules too. But, so do motorist, I see a lot of motorist who shoot red lights and change lane without signaling every day. The trick here is enforcement, both for cyclist and motorist, and that is a job for TP ! I was fined for cycling on a pedestrian crossing at Tampines, rightly so, and I meekly accepted the fine.

Bicycle lanes would apply for commuting and group 2 & 3 cyclist. Honestly, I do not even want to even think about the implementation, cost and building of bicycle lanes in a built-up Singapore. We done too little too late to worry about bicycle lanes now.

Please share the road, have patience and mutual respect for one another, whether one pays road tax, COE, ERP or not. Not worth a life to prove your angst at the high cost of owning a vehicle in Singapore.

Feel sorry for your loss in a dear friend. Unfortunately, too many FT drivers from outskirts India, Bangladesh and China. Easy for them to get license conversion too. Many of them never even pass a driving test in their own country. Licenses can be obtained with small bribes. Ride at your own risk.

I told my wife.... when driving, see lorry and buses better siam far far.

Can someone provide an answer please? Or educate?

View attachment 40381

iScoupe;878985 said:
Your illustration not valid.

Not all cyclist same size...
Not about cyclist size, its about their location in respect of the 1.5m thingy :boxing:

iScoupe;878985 said:
Your illustration not valid.

Not all cyclist same size...

this one don't OT lah...

think good for everyone to know...you want more insurance claims of this sort meh...

VolanteDB9;878996 said:
this one don't OT lah...

think good for everyone to know...you want more insurance claims of this sort meh...

Knn Where I got OT, which statement u think I OT?

if u put 3 fat cyclist the 1.5m will eat into lane 2 or Even lane 3.
Sherman, bobby & human will think they can use the 3rd illustration.

Is not related to insurance claims, no one want die for free.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back