Sia

Re: Sia

20 years ago they are above most airlines....but no longer the case today. Competitors have caught up or are catching up....

Red_Bean_Bun;876265 said:
How's your experience with SQ recently ?

Starting to feel a diff but maybe it's just me ......
sucks ..mayb that is why their ranking dropped from1 to 3...orh bi good

Used to think their biz class was still ok... but no more... sucks...

a forummer's recent facebook posts.

"KrisFlyer gives you "more" of everything. More miles used to redeem. More taxes. More fuel surcharge. *clap clap*"

Biggest joke - I am short of 14k miles to redeem for both *** and ***** for the itinerary I am planning. The top-up to purchase miles brings the total cost to $1378.84. If I just buy the tickets WITHOUT using any miles redemption, it's $1257.80. So they want me to pay more when I am using miles to redeem partially. Message? YOUR MILES ARE NEXT TO WORTHLESS. JUST #*&KIN' BUY THE TICKETS.

Then, when I do the calculations with partial redemption without buying miles to top up, it will likely turn out to be $965.80 (I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they taxes and surcharges will be as per buying tickets outright). So this is at least slightly cheaper than the outright purchase price of $1257.80. Message? YOUR MILES ARE NEXT TO WORTHLESS, BUT WHEN WE SELL THEM TO YOU THEY ARE PRICELESS!! AND JUST #*&KIN' BUY THE TICKETS.

The reason why more miles r needed for sq redemption is because there is a market for it and despite how much u slander sq service, u will still prefer taking sq because it just feels safer, better, on time and homelier.

Delta has one of the least miles u need to redeem biz or 1st class but how many genuinely take their biz or 1st class n proclaim "wah same or better than sq!"

Therefore unless u are a frequent flyer of many airlines, u will not really know the difference between the airlines. So....reviews are all subjective

MW;876348 said:
The reason why more miles r needed for sq redemption is because there is a market for it and despite how much u slander sq service, u will still prefer taking sq because it just feels safer, better, on time and homelier.

Delta has one of the least miles u need to redeem biz or 1st class but how many genuinely take their biz or 1st class n proclaim "wah same or better than sq!"

Therefore unless u are a frequent flyer of many airlines, u will not really know the difference between the airlines. So....reviews are all subjective

correct it is really up to individual

safer - yes cos SQ all brand new fleet ...not 2nd or 3rd hand
Better - only krisworld come to mind
on time - subjective. been on SQ flights that delay at least an hour either before boarding or after boarding esp hk route ...maybe i am damn sui
homelier - singaporean steward and stewardess hmm...but they serve the ang mo better woh hmmm

the premium price paid for their airtix but yet i dont feel it is justified i think i am willing to give other airline a chance ...at least by paying a cheaper price but get bad service i wont regret cos i pay peanut cannot expect monkey mah... and channel the "saving " on better accommodation etc

Last edited by a moderator:

on time definitely..

i don't find SQ premium services way better than other airlines...but if i fly Economy i would want to find SQ~ i know i will be hydrated even if its a red-eye flight instead of begging for a cup of water...i will probably not get a broken seat even on their older 777s...

and if you bother to know the system even if its on ah gong siao...you can play with your miles in different regions and use the code share to your advantage be it on Star Alliance or One World...

standard of sq girls plunging like an anchor in the open sea wor... should hire more plastic girls from korea to up flyers' satisfaction.

animian;876349 said:
correct it is really up to individual

safer - yes cos SQ all brand new fleet ...not 2nd or 3rd hand
Better - only krisworld come to mind
on time - subjective. been on SQ flights that delay at least an hour either before boarding or after boarding esp hk route ...maybe i am damn sui
homelier - singaporean steward and stewardess hmm...but they serve the ang mo better woh hmmm

the premium price paid for their airtix but yet i dont feel it is justified i think i am willing to give other airline a chance ...at least by paying a cheaper price but get bad service i wont regret cos i pay peanut cannot expect monkey mah... and channel the "saving " on better accommodation etc

most of the time also Asians spoil their own market...we are not as warm as ang mohs...

you step into the aircraft...crew greet you...at least acknowledge with a smile even if you are first cl-ASS pax lah...good morning good morning...good afternoon good afternoon...don't bin chao chao and expect people to serve you with good will...

i notice many Singaporeans knn one...greet crew with a demand right away... "STRAITS TIMES"

cb...can't wait to read your propaganda meh...

feynman82;876353 said:
standard of sq girls plunging like an anchor in the open sea wor... should hire more plastic girls from korea to up flyers' satisfaction.

no matter how cui i still get a kick looking at her drawing a pen out of the..........

In my view, nothing compares to SQ. level of service, safety record and equipment are second to none.

To those complaining about SQ level of service, try flying other so called 5 star airlines. There are just too many whingers among Singaporeans (except me).

Had a trip across few continents some time back, and the last leg was SQ. the "back at home" feel started in the plane, and I liked that.

VolanteDB9;876354 said:
most of the time also Asians spoil their own market...we are not as warm as ang mohs...

you step into the aircraft...crew greet you...at least acknowledge with a smile even if you are first cl-ASS pax lah...good morning good morning...good afternoon good afternoon...don't bin chao chao and expect people to serve you with good will...

i notice many Singaporeans knn one...greet crew with a demand right away... "STRAITS TIMES"

those with knn face are those who think they are rich only they can afford to fly SQ.
i am not rich.. pple greet me i will return in kind with a :) guess u are right it is those KNN face that lead them to serve the ang mo better

but then again with all the media saying how good good they are ...they have set an expectation for all the passenger and the moment they fall short ... complains will start to come it ... cos we flying with them is based on the judgement we received from what we read

ok ok i acknowledged i giam...i expected what i pay for

Last edited by a moderator:

MW;876348 said:

Afternoon MW, toilet paper still in stock?

VolanteDB9;876354 said:

VolanteDB9;876355 said:
no matter how cui i still get a kick looking at her drawing a pen out of the..........
Ok, I deny I strongly deny I cake one face ok! Yup, I took the st and read! Cos I dun buy propaganda.
The kick of looking them drawing a pen or even just squatting down make my day!or flight interesting.

I think we shouldn't compare with the poorer standard airlines. E.g. after taking China Southern , I take SIA, I super happy. I damn proud of SIA. And I don't mind paying the huge premium.

But 10 years ago, I would have chosen Sia over 99% of other airlines.
But today, a couple of airlines' standards have improved to an extent that they are very close to SIA, and yet still cheaper. No longer the gulf in standard previously. But Sia price premium remains.

But for short haul economy class, Sia still best I think. Slightly more ex but negligible.

Ok la, say until now, tell u all the secret best airlines la - its call Naboo Air owned by Jar Jar binks.

zhenlie;876368 said:
if you want world class professional service..get your private jet like hitnee...make sure u have yr runway..

images

zhenlie;876368 said:
if you want world class professional service..get your private jet like hitnee...make sure u have yr runway..

another hitmee link...can dont so stale....really no link...

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back