Slight tuck fwd whenever I slow down to stop on a traffic liffic light

Re: Slight tuck fwd whenever I slow down to stop on a traffic liffic light

Des;507694 said:
Hi wkkok, Great at least there is solution... I don't mind to try also ... not sure which workshop & the cost....can advise ?

Also if u go on DS mode you should not get prob... that is what I experience when I switch to DS.

Bro if i compare between D and DS during stopping, think i can stop better and will not so call tuck forward in D mode but whenever in DS mode, just a slight step on the brake will cause me to tuck forward, and if step harder than worst.

for me, the jerk is caused when the gear shifts down from 2 to 1. I complained to PML and BMW Asia previously and all they did was tune my rpm such that it is lower in the 1st gear. It helped minimise the jerky motion for a while but now and then, i still feel it.

what i do sometimes is to shift to manual mode (not sports mode) and let the gear shift down to only to the 2nd gear. that eliminates the jerk for me.

think it's a characteristic of this model.

I think this is a common prob alot E90 face ( what claim by some of the workshop ) normally can be resolve by replacing the auto transmission fiuld ( i think this is what they say ) or we can go back to PML to ask them to " refresh " the program logic for the auto box.

During D mode, whenever I slow down to a stop, it will give a slide "push fwd" before stopping but I do not get it when I m in DS or manual mode.

PML claimed they changed the gear box transmission fluid for me. it didn't really help

I got mine 07 320i E90 gear program replaced. It takes about a day for the new program to be downloaded so send in your car in the morning. The test drive engineer knew exactly whats going on. But if you don;t complain, PML won't bother about it.....

If your pre-FL i having this problem, arrange for test drive and book a date for to reinstall the latest auto-gear program.

DO IT, YOU WONT REGRET.

Iceberg;511083 said:
I got mine 07 320i E90 gear program replaced. It takes about a day for the new program to be downloaded so send in your car in the morning. The test drive engineer knew exactly whats going on. But if you don;t complain, PML won't bother about it.....

If your pre-FL i having this problem, arrange for test drive and book a date for to reinstall the latest auto-gear program.

DO IT, YOU WONT REGRET.
thanks for sharing. really its the one true solution to this problem.

Thks Iceberg, did PML charge you for the program ? Btw any receipt , if yes what did they mention on the prob & fix portion. Thks

Des;511124 said:
Thks Iceberg, did PML charge you for the program ? Btw any receipt , if yes what did they mention on the prob & fix portion. Thks

PML can't charge me as warranty still valid. In fact, over a period of about 2 years, I had program upgraded 2 times. :furious:

First time was about 1.5 yrs ago with slight improvement but not significant. :screwedu:

Then mid last year, I cannot tar han and complained again. They had a newer version and uploaded for me. Bingo! Thats the one..... Now no more forward jerk before stop, no more sudden down shift jerk when you are moving off filter lane on slope, no more... no more.... no more.....:)

Fuel economy also improves by about 2% over a longer period of testing.:singsing:

I'm surprised that it took BMW such long time to get it right since E90 been launched in Sing for sometime.

You need to get a good test driver as well.....as the CS depends on them.

I usually ask for Mr Yeo (singaporean) or Charlie (philipino) from Alexandra. Both chaps are great test drivers and will share with your tips :yikess: if you are nice to them during the test drive.

Now, go bang table with PML. Good Luck!

anyone encounter this problem in e90 lci ?
my car is going to be 1 year old next month :D

Iceberg;511083 said:

DO IT, YOU WONT REGRET.

Been facing this problem the day i officially took over the ride of one of the forumer here. Zun zun that night traffic jam and the whole night my car was on the CTE, it just keep tucking forward again and again and again with each crawl forward in the jam.

So amazed that this problem i am facing is actually so common among e90 pfl models... I would have easily passed the problem without knowing there is a cure if i had not decided to do some reading up here. Used to think its because of the sprint booster installed. Thanks alot guys.

however i have also been advised by a mechanic to do ATF change to solve this problem. Is this helpful? or will the reprogramming solve the problem completely already? Really dont want to do anything unnecessary without any real benefit to the car... Some kind soul advise pls?

Shaun Lau;513038 said:
Been facing this problem the day i officially took over the ride of one of the forumer here. Zun zun that night traffic jam and the whole night my car was on the CTE, it just keep tucking forward again and again and again with each crawl forward in the jam.

So amazed that this problem i am facing is actually so common among e90 pfl models... I would have easily passed the problem without knowing there is a cure if i had not decided to do some reading up here. Used to think its because of the sprint booster installed. Thanks alot guys.

however i have also been advised by a mechanic to do ATF change to solve this problem. Is this helpful? or will the reprogramming solve the problem completely already? Really dont want to do anything unnecessary without any real benefit to the car... Some kind soul advise pls?

They did an ATF change initially but it didn't help much. PML would try as much as possible to avoid admitting there is a problem with the gear program. So superficial cure is always recommended as the first action and hopefully, the placebo effect will kick-in and owner accepts the flaw.

In fact, the first time they changed program I noticed improvement (less forward jerk) and slightly better fuel economy. After 6 months, I banged table again then was told of another upgrade....This time, it was fantastic. So smooth that I have no more complaint on gear change thereafter. Except for the retarded gear down-shift but I will be fitting a sprint booster soon to take care of that.

Imagine I have been short change for about 2 years driving under the "influence of forward-jerk,,,,,, " May be PML should compensate us by extending the 3 year warranty to 4,,,,,

Another irritating problem is the final drive ratio..... If you notice a whinning noise from the rear while cruising steadily at 80 to 100 km/h. You need to bang table again to get it replaced. After replacement, no whinning noise from the tail..... "Driving under the influence of whinning tail"

Iceberg;513104 said:
They did an ATF change initially but it didn't help much. PML would try as much as possible to avoid admitting there is a problem with the gear program. So superficial cure is always recommended as the first action and hopefully, the placebo effect will kick-in and owner accepts the flaw.

In fact, the first time they changed program I noticed improvement (less forward jerk) and slightly better fuel economy. After 6 months, I banged table again then was told of another upgrade....This time, it was fantastic. So smooth that I have no more complaint on gear change thereafter. Except for the retarded gear down-shift but I will be fitting a sprint booster soon to take care of that.

Imagine I have been short change for about 2 years driving under the "influence of forward-jerk,,,,,, " May be PML should compensate us by extending the 3 year warranty to 4,,,,,

Another irritating problem is the final drive ratio..... If you notice a whinning noise from the rear while cruising steadily at 80 to 100 km/h. You need to bang table again to get it replaced. After replacement, no whinning noise from the tail..... "Driving under the influence of whinning tail"

I just confirmed that the "tuck forward" problem dont happen when the engine is cold.

Whinning noise problem is what huh? cannot understand because previous japanese car is always noisy. worried actually my car has all these problems but im unaware. Warranty ending in 05 Feb. dying to solve all these potential problems as soon as i can...

Complain until they fix your problem since u still under warranty. tranmission box is easily 4k and above...every thing also expensive. tell to replace whatever is no good.

Shaun Lau;513121 said:
I just confirmed that the "tuck forward" problem dont happen when the engine is cold.

Whinning noise problem is what huh? cannot understand because previous japanese car is always noisy. worried actually my car has all these problems but im unaware. Warranty ending in 05 Feb. dying to solve all these potential problems as soon as i can...

The intermittent whinning noise is from the rear-drive box (PML called it final drive). You only hear it when lowering volume of your laylio (radio) and driving 80-100 km/h. :blahblah:

Not all E90 having this problem. I'm suspecting a batch of bad "final-drive".... I sway sway kana to be one of them:mad:. Some 323i n 325i also had same problem...... Mine ride was from PML and that whinning noise started when I hit around 5K and then got louder and louder until I couldn't hear my wife nagging..... :woottt: ha ha

If you don't hear it cruising around 80 to 100 km/h then lucky you.

The things I have replaced:

- Anti-friction tape on the door frame - resolve the click-click noise when going over hump.
- Replace front-doors auto lock actuator - resolved keep burning the fuses.
- Replace final drive - resolved whinning noise.
- Upgrade auto-gear program twice and change ATF - resolved forward jerky action
- Grease all suspension joints - resolved squeaking noise going over hump.
- Central console (CD-unit section) removed for greasing - resolved squeaking noise over uneven road
- Auto-gear stick in manual shift position needs fixing- resolved squeaking noise when doing manual shift + / -.

The technician said all the squeaking noise came from extensive used of plastics to reduce weight.....Nowadays, fitting quality not as good as before.

I almost name my ride, Mickey Mouse Car, because it squeaks so much

Anyway, now its much better ride than when it was new..........

My Jap ride, Accord, never squeaks best gear change program, good fuel economy ....but Beemer has good handling so win all liow.......

Iceberg;513127 said:
The intermittent whinning noise is from the rear-drive box (PML called it final drive). You only hear it when lowering volume of your laylio (radio) and driving 80-100 km/h. :blahblah:

Not all E90 having this problem. I'm suspecting a batch of bad "final-drive".... I sway sway kana to be one of them:mad:. Some 323i n 325i also had same problem...... Mine ride was from PML and that whinning noise started when I hit around 5K and then got louder and louder until I couldn't hear my wife nagging..... :woottt: ha ha

If you don't hear it cruising around 80 to 100 km/h then lucky you.

The things I have replaced:

- Anti-friction tape on the door frame - resolve the click-click noise when going over hump.
- Replace front-doors auto lock actuator - resolved keep burning the fuses.
- Replace final drive - resolved whinning noise.
- Upgrade auto-gear program twice and change ATF - resolved forward jerky action
- Grease all suspension joints - resolved squeaking noise going over hump.
- Central console (CD-unit section) removed for greasing - resolved squeaking noise over uneven road
- Auto-gear stick in manual shift position needs fixing- resolved squeaking noise when doing manual shift + / -.

The technician said all the squeaking noise came from extensive used of plastics to reduce weight.....Nowadays, fitting quality not as good as before.

I almost name my ride, Mickey Mouse Car, because it squeaks so much

Anyway, now its much better ride than when it was new..........

My Jap ride, Accord, never squeaks best gear change program, good fuel economy ....but Beemer has good handling so win all liow.......
totally agree with the excessive use of plastics in BMW. its not just plastic, its cheap rock hard plastics! perfect formula for noise making and squeaks! Else the car is actually rock solid.

I just got my transmission software update yesterday, mine is a 2007 320i. The software update resolved the forward tuck during stopping. Dunno is it my imagination or what, the engine sound better as well. During acceleration, the sound of the engine sound smoother and stronger. Haven't done much driving after the software update, need to drive more to figure out. :)

They didn't resolve the whinning sound at 70-80km/hr thou. Got no time to check as I was late to pick up my kid.

Just got mine back from PML, Software update as well. Haven't drive yet, hope that this is the main solution. Thanks Iceberg in advance. :)

Bro, how much did PML charge for this Transm Software upgrade ? You just tell them to do sw upgrade or they have to chk here & there b4 doing ?

Mine already out of warranty. Call PML for standard software upgrade. Did mention about transm software upgrade. The person answering the call say must put the car there and check first. PML quote SGD200 and must put the car for 2 days.

Anyone knows any workshop in Singapore can also do E90 PFL standard latest stock software ugrade.

Cheers.

Sahar

saharalah;514532 said:
Mine already out of warranty. Call PML for standard software upgrade. Did mention about transm software upgrade. The person answering the call say must put the car there and check first. PML quote SGD200 and must put the car for 2 days.

Anyone knows any workshop in Singapore can also do E90 PFL standard latest stock software ugrade.

Cheers.

Sahar

You can do it at Juzz For Cars, look for Seetoh. They can do it for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88141
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back