Slight tuck fwd whenever I slow down to stop on a traffic liffic light

Re: Slight tuck fwd whenever I slow down to stop on a traffic liffic light

Call Seetoh earlier dude. They do not do stock software updates. They can only do software programming to up the horse power someting like that.

any1 knows who else besides PML do stock software upgrades or reset of transmission?

Have been reading this tread with great interest. Initially do not really know what you guys are talking about.... until........... I collected my re-sale '05 325i from my dealer on Thursday..... ahhhhh....... now i know what it means when i stop the car and the car still lug forward.....

at first, tot should not be a big issue... but 2 days passed... and i find quite irritating each time my car comes to a stop.....esp I travel a lot everyday.....

looks like gotta pay PML a visit liao.....

darrellkoh;514813 said:
Have been reading this tread with great interest. Initially do not really know what you guys are talking about.... until........... I collected my re-sale '05 325i from my dealer on Thursday..... ahhhhh....... now i know what it means when i stop the car and the car still lug forward.....

at first, tot should not be a big issue... but 2 days passed... and i find quite irritating each time my car comes to a stop.....esp I travel a lot everyday.....

looks like gotta pay PML a visit liao.....

I think auto-gear program upgrade can only be done by PML. Unless outside workshop is able to read into the memory and clone it. The software upgrade only takes few hours. PML always ask you to place there for 2 days, nonsense.....

The upgrade takes about 1 day....becos.after installation they need to test your car again to confirm that forward jerk is gone before handling over. Thats why it's taking so long (sometimes tester not free mah).

My recommendation is to make appointment for test drive to confirm the problem and log it in. Then you make another appointment with CS to send in your rid at 8am, go to work then collect it around 3 pm.:thumbsup:

The whinning noise doesn't affect all E90. I one of those sway sway kana.....Same thing, you need to test drive to confirm then make appointment to leave your car there for a day (send in 8 am and collect around 3 to 5 pm). At least your wife won't nag you :shoot: for not sending or picking the kids from school or the pets to the vet.:argue:

I just followed internet recommendation and managed to reset the warning sign for my microf-filter. :thumbsup: Just need to go Eng Soon and buy the carbon filter then install myself. :lol: Bobian! Poor man Beemer like that one.

Slater;514684 said:
any1 knows who else besides PML do stock software upgrades or reset of transmission?

Dont need to try BVO, drove down that day prior to sending it in to PML, seems that software upgrade cannot be done by outsiders just like what another bro mentioned.

Iceberg;514834 said:
I just followed internet recommendation and managed to reset the warning sign for my microf-filter. :thumbsup: Just need to go Eng Soon and buy the carbon filter then install myself. :lol: Bobian! Poor man Beemer like that one.
Sorry for OT a bit, Iceberg, do you mind sharing with me the link to reset the microfilter warning sign?
Many thanks,
from a fellow poor man beemer. :p

C3P0;514867 said:
Sorry for OT a bit, Iceberg, do you mind sharing with me the link to reset the microfilter warning sign?
Many thanks,
from a fellow poor man beemer. :p

I downloaded from internet then posted it on forum for feedback. No one responded so I tried myself. After several attempts (because timing is very important) then bingo.....If it doesn't go smoothly, say you see some strange german word pops up, please pull out your car key. No worry, it will be back to normal then try again.... You can reset oil change, brake check, suspension check, etc. etc.......So be careful, you don't want to reset the :shoot:wrong thing:oooops:.. All those checks on the OBC can be reset.......Good Luck!

Sorry for sidetrack a little. :offtopic:May be we should start a new thread :woowooo:so all the poor man Beemer can benefit...... :laughlik:

Step 1
Insert key into slot
Step 2
Press start/stop button without depressing clutch/brake and wait for the service reminder to dissapear.
Step 3
Immediately after service reminder goes out, press and hold the odometer reset. After 3 secs a warning triangle will appear, keep the odo. button pressed and after another 2-3 secs the Oil can will appear. I f you hold it too long (10 secs in total) you will overshoot the runway and some German writing will appear giving the software level/ can bus etc. of the car. Go back to the beginning and start again.
Step 4
You are now in the service menu, use the toggle switch on indicator stalk to scroll up/down through the various service items.
Step 5
When you have the item you want to reset showing, press the BC button on end of indicator stalk. Reset should now appear in the display. Press in and hold the BC button for 2-3 secs and a clock will start whirling around and hey presto, its done
Step 6
You can now either scroll up/down to select another item (as in step 4) or you can press the start/stop button to exit.

Thanks Iceberg, I have seen your thread. Will try tomorrow :)

Found this. Hope it helps to clarify matters more. ;)

Found this while nozing around BMWTIS site...:

The following software errors were corrected with the release of CIP 17.01(Target data Status E060-05-06-500).

Vehicles equipped with 6HP26 up to 4/05, customer complains of harsh downshift. Refer to SI B24 03 05.

Here is the SIB240305 bulletin:

SUBJECT
Harsh 2-1 Downshift

MODEL
E60 (545i); E63/64 645(Ci/Cic) with 6HP26 up to 04/05

SITUATION
Customer may complain of the following:

An excessively harsh 2-1 downshift when decelerating to a stop, or

Transmission "bangs" into gear when accelerating from a full or a "rolling" stop (vehicle did not come to a complete stop).

CAUSE
EGS software.

CORRECTION
On a customer complaint basis only, reprogram/recode complete vehicle using SSS with CIP on-line update 17.01, or higher.

Important:

Transmission temperature must remain below 50 deg C and trans shifter must be placed in P position prior to the start of CIP programming.

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

For the appropriate defect code and labor operation refer to the KSD system

Found this too :

SI B 24 03 09
Automatic Transmission April 2009
Technical Service

SUBJECT
550i and 650i with N62TU and 6HP26 - Various Drivability Complaints

MODEL
E60, 550iA produced from 09/05 up to 02/07

E63, E64; 650i produced from 09/05 up to 09/07

SITUATION
The customer may complain about one or a combination of the following situations, listed below:

Intermittent harsh 4-3, 3-2 or 2-1 downshift (jolt) when coming to a stop with light brake application.

Jolts and/or jerks felt when reaccelerating after coasting.

Judder when gently accelerating (most noticeable at an engine speed below 2,000 RPM).

CAUSE
DME and EGS software calibration

SOLUTION
Program the vehicle with ISTA/P 2.33.0 or later, using the path "Conversion" and "Downshift behavior". After this modification, the k-word "HADS" will be added to the Vehicle Order.

Note that ISTA/P will automatically reprogram and code all programmable control modules that do not have the latest software.

For information on programming and coding with ISTA/P, refer to CenterNet / Aftersales Portal / Service / Workshop Technology / Vehicle Programming".

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty or the Certified Pre-Owned Program.

Defect Code:
24 00 33 98 00

Fantastic information. May be we should have a petition to PML to extend our 3 yrs warranty additional year as compensation for driving jerky ultimate machine,,,,,

The site mention only E60. Does it has any information for E90. Mine is already out of warranty. Anyone want to bang PML table for free software updates as a group!!!

Iceberg;513127 said:
The intermittent whinning noise is from the rear-drive box (PML called it final drive). You only hear it when lowering volume of your laylio (radio) and driving 80-100 km/h. :blahblah:

Not all E90 having this problem. I'm suspecting a batch of bad "final-drive".... I sway sway kana to be one of them:mad:. Some 323i n 325i also had same problem...... Mine ride was from PML and that whinning noise started when I hit around 5K and then got louder and louder until I couldn't hear my wife nagging..... :woottt: ha ha

If you don't hear it cruising around 80 to 100 km/h then lucky you.

The things I have replaced:

- Anti-friction tape on the door frame - resolve the click-click noise when going over hump.
- Replace front-doors auto lock actuator - resolved keep burning the fuses.
- Replace final drive - resolved whinning noise.
- Upgrade auto-gear program twice and change ATF - resolved forward jerky action
- Grease all suspension joints - resolved squeaking noise going over hump.
- Central console (CD-unit section) removed for greasing - resolved squeaking noise over uneven road
- Auto-gear stick in manual shift position needs fixing- resolved squeaking noise when doing manual shift + / -.

The technician said all the squeaking noise came from extensive used of plastics to reduce weight.....Nowadays, fitting quality not as good as before.

I almost name my ride, Mickey Mouse Car, because it squeaks so much

Anyway, now its much better ride than when it was new..........

My Jap ride, Accord, never squeaks best gear change program, good fuel economy ....but Beemer has good handling so win all liow.......
Iceberg,

I call PML and ask about E90 software updates. PML say that the new software version for E90 does not have any enhancements.

What is the difference between software updates and auto-gear transmission updates. Is it the same of separate software updates.

Thanks.

saharalah;517076 said:
Iceberg,

I call PML and ask about E90 software updates. PML say that the new software version for E90 does not have any enhancements.

What is the difference between software updates and auto-gear transmission updates. Is it the same of separate software updates.

Thanks.

If you ask for any upgrade, they will SAY NO. Because they built the ultimate driving machine, :liar:

What you need to do is to complain about forward jerk before the car comes to a stop and sometimes gear slamming when sudden accelerating from a certain low speed range then make appointment for test drive. :dramamam:

After the test drive, the tester will update the service manager about this and that, etc. etc...... Be very nice to the tester, he will also tell you your car problem/s without you even realizing :lol:......It pays to be nice. Don't bang table at the poor testers. They work very hard, be nice to them and ask politely,,,,,,,,,,Then you BANG the F%&^* table with the service manager...:stfu:

Many owners made the mistake of banging table with the testers to piss them off only. Now you know why some owners never get their problem solved. Testers like Ah Beng type like me lah....They say they don;t like MBA type or speak Singlish in Ang Moh slang. Very snobbish.....:oooops:

The service manager had to record everything the tester said then advise the solution that they need to upgrade the software for auto-gear to release gear earlier. They don't like to be told what to do. But you can alway say, "hello, my friend told me you did this for him. Can do for me hor?"

My understanding......What it does is to release the (clutch/valve) before the car comes to a stop. What you are experiencing (forward jerk) is the downshift from 2- to 1-gear just before completely stop. The new software will reduce gear from 3- to 2-gear then completely disengaged before completely stop. Right after complete stopped, it moves into 1-gear ready to take off. :wavey:

Hope this helps!

Iceberg;517093 said:
If you ask for any upgrade, they will SAY NO. Because they built the ultimate driving machine, :liar:

What you need to do is to complain about forward jerk before the car comes to a stop and sometimes gear slamming when sudden accelerating from a certain low speed range then make appointment for test drive. :dramamam:

After the test drive, the tester will update the service manager about this and that, etc. etc...... Be very nice to the tester, he will also tell you your car problem/s without you even realizing :lol:......It pays to be nice. Don't bang table at the poor testers. They work very hard, be nice to them and ask politely,,,,,,,,,,Then you BANG the F%&^* table with the service manager...:stfu:

Many owners made the mistake of banging table with the testers to piss them off only. Now you know why some owners never get their problem solved. Testers like Ah Beng type like me lah....They say they don;t like MBA type or speak Singlish in Ang Moh slang. Very snobbish.....:oooops:

The service manager had to record everything the tester said then advise the solution that they need to upgrade the software for auto-gear to release gear earlier. They don't like to be told what to do. But you can alway say, "hello, my friend told me you did this for him. Can do for me hor?"

My understanding......What it does is to release the (clutch/valve) before the car comes to a stop. What you are experiencing (forward jerk) is the downshift from 2- to 1-gear just before completely stop. The new software will reduce gear from 3- to 2-gear then completely disengaged before completely stop. Right after complete stopped, it moves into 1-gear ready to take off. :wavey:

Hope this helps!
u couldnt have described it better. the tester holds the key to everything! CSA is only a face off

heavymetal;518408 said:
Adaptive Driver Memory Reset For Transmission

Try this before sending for repairs...it may actually help. It did for me at least. Still need monitoring though. See if it's a temporary thing or otherwise. Cheers!

Is this the method where you insert key then step on accelerator and hold? :thinking:

I tried it before....It resets the adaptive driving like from Ah Pek or Ah-Beng type to factory standard and starts learning all over again.....:furious:

It didn;t work for me..... Car still jerk foward just before stop about 30% to 50% of the time

Don;t mistaken that the forward jetk is 100%, it occurs when the speed slows down in a particular manner before comiplete stop. I realized if I drive like Ah Beng, heavy-footed and brake last moment, less chance of experiencing it. If I drive my original style, Ah-Pek,:lol2: where I let car roll gradually before stopping, then higher chance of expriencing this.:whythis:

Good suggestion for some who might give it a try.:juggle:

I tried the reset and must say the car drives differently... smoother in terms of pickup and acceleration. However, I am not sure if this will solve the "forward tuck" problem which I also encounter very rarely like only once or twice in a 6 mths period. Will contimue to monitor this and report back.

Thanks for the information.

Hi Bro,
I have the same problem about 4 months ago and it has been resolved by PML under warranty.
I bought a 2006 E60 from PML Select, which comes with an extended one year warranty. I need to leave the car with them for two days to reprogram the gear box...Gear Management System.
Look for the tester, he is a Filipino. Sorry I forgot his name. He told me this is a common problem found on 3 & 5 series.

MeToo;518789 said:
Hi Bro,
I have the same problem about 4 months ago and it has been resolved by PML under warranty.
I bought a 2006 E60 from PML Select, which comes with an extended one year warranty. I need to leave the car with them for two days to reprogram the gear box...Gear Management System.
Look for the tester, he is a Filipino. Sorry I forgot his name. He told me this is a common problem found on 3 & 5 series.

Ahh...if the Philipino guy is quite tan and little bui bui,,,,he must be Charlie. He's the one that's skillful enough to test the car in a manner to induce the 'forward jerk'. Once that is confirmed, he'll just report to CS and bingo, you get the upgrade gear program FOC (if your ride still under warranty). One cheer for Charlie.....:shakebon:

Be nice to the tester and you won;t regret......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88141
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back