Something to share on F20

Re: Something to share on F20

Topping up of engine oil common? I just change my engine oil abt 1 month ago & travel 2000km, the car indicate to top up 1L of engine oil.. :(

DayDreaming;842208 said:
Topping up of engine oil common? I just change my engine oil abt 1 month ago & travel 2000km, the car indicate to top up 1L of engine oil.. :(

not so soon though... :|

actually i don't really understand why so many people persist in buying from PML, when their margin is so ridiculous. Selling price is not lower than Merc or Audi, but OMV is so darn low. why do people indulge PML and let them get away with this stupid practice. After sales service is apparently problematic too.

having said that, all new models will definitely have minor glitches. personally i'll wait it out for a year or two, and go in for a PI unit at 15% off PML pricing. i see totally no value in buying from PML at all. premium auto is good though. lots of owner perks, good after sale services, and reasonable margin. just that their service centre is a bit out of the way, in Ubi.

04M3;842233 said:
actually i don't really understand why so many people persist in buying from PML, when their margin is so ridiculous. Selling price is not lower than Merc or Audi, but OMV is so darn low. why do people indulge PML and let them get away with this stupid practice. After sales service is apparently problematic too.

having said that, all new models will definitely have minor glitches. personally i'll wait it out for a year or two, and go in for a PI unit at 15% off PML pricing. i see totally no value in buying from PML at all. premium auto is good though. lots of owner perks, good after sale services, and reasonable margin. just that their service centre is a bit out of the way, in Ubi.

not wrong.. but PML will reduce their margins as the model gets older..
by then PI hard to match your 15% margin discounts.. unless u getting M3, M5, 335, X6 maybe? :yummie:

04M3;842233 said:

To each his own i guess. The excitement of driving a new model outweights the minor glitches sometime.

To some, car is more than just a transport :yummie: at least on this i speak for myself :uhhh:

PA (Audi) OMVs are worse than BMWs

I would consider C&C...

detach8;842263 said:

I would consider C&C...

really? the base F10 5 series cost about 15k more than the base C7 A6. OMV for the BMW is at about 43k, with incidences of falling below 40k. OME for the Audi is 45k.

to each his own, but i personally feel that PML is just ripping consumers off. unjustifiable margins. i think at 1 point in time, their margin for the F10 was 40-50%, which is the same as Hong Seh margin on the Maserati GT.

don't know why i get so worked up though. i mean, i can simply choose not to buy. but it just makes me boil when i think of them fleecing consumers, and it's not as if they have great after sales service. think i'm :screwedu:

04M3;842271 said:
really? the base F10 5 series cost about 15k more than the base C7 A6. OMV for the BMW is at about 43k, with incidences of falling below 40k. OME for the Audi is 45k.

to each his own, but i personally feel that PML is just ripping consumers off. unjustifiable margins. i think at 1 point in time, their margin for the F10 was 40-50%, which is the same as Hong Seh margin on the Maserati GT.

don't know why i get so worked up though. i mean, i can simply choose not to buy. but it just makes me boil when i think of them fleecing consumers, and it's not as if they have great after sales service. think i'm :screwedu:

Problem is with current Technology in cars where head unit (ECU) needs to dial up to Germany for software retification and only authorise BMW resellers have the access. PI cars I heard can't dial up in the shop and have to ship the ECU back to germany to re-program..so down time would be longer ....not sure if this is true.. :confused:

04M3;842271 said:

Bro,du lan also no use lah. I also dun like their ass(aftersales service). Bt given a chance most ppl wil still get frm pml cos of warranty issue n whether they honor it or nt its another issue liao. Like i said,juz enjoy the ride no matter where u bought it frm.

detach8;842263 said:

I would consider C&C...

C&C - i had a taste of their service as well. called up to make appt to service, on the day, can tell me no appt, to make again. Great service :confused:

premium,c&c or pml has the most chio sales person?

Depends on how u see it..
Guess the f10 profit margin is alot

F20 and f30 their margin abt 20%

VolanteDB9;842306 said:
premium,c&c or pml has the most chio sales person?

Premium - mostly youngsters

C&C - most dog eyes

Pml - no comment

Eastmints;842322 said:
Premium - mostly youngsters

C&C - most dog eyes

Pml - no comment

Indifferent.. I normally prefer to buy from males.. Then can think clearly..
Later mind fogged - make poor decision

Last edited by a moderator:

nighthawkcity;842382 said:
Indifferent.. I normally prefer to buy from males.. Then can think clearly..
Later mind fogged - make poor decision

Haha... that's why i always bring Home Minister to buy car... the SE cannot charm me too much and the Home Minister cannot accuse me of buying the car because kena charmed by the SE.... :dance:

Just to share,

I was driving the E90 320i and traded it in for the C180K .... I almost signed on the dotted line for the F20 116i but did not because I still like to have the "space" in a saloon instead of a hatchback .... some of my observations :

1. BMWs are highly "tech" compared to most Japs ride. I agree that Japs car are more reliable but they do not have the "character" of a German.
2. The engine of BMW are running at a higher temperature which also equal to higher rate of wear and tear for some parts
3. The servicing in C&C is more expensive compared to PML.... (FACT)
4. I have my issues with my 320i ... the air cons ducts broke within days of collection of the car. Door vibration issue was solved with the friction type.
5. I still miss the drive of the 320i .....
6. Never buy the first initial batches of any cars ..... there bound to be issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

poolfan;842414 said:
Just to share,

I was driving the E90 320i and traded it in for the C180K .... I almost signed on the dotted line for the F20 116i but did not because I still like to have the "space" in a saloon instead of a hatchback .... some of my observations :

1. BMWs are highly "tech" compared to most Japs ride. I agree that Japs car are more reliable but they do not have the "character" of a German.
2. The engine of BMW are running at a higher which also equal to higher rate of wear and tear for some parts
3. The servicing in C&C is more expensive compared to PML.... (FACT)
4. I have my issues with my 320i ... the air cons ducts broke within days of collection of the car. Door vibration issue was solved with the friction type.
5. I still miss the drive of the 320i .....
6. Never buy the first initial batches of any cars ..... there bound to be issues.

Agreed.. I also prefer saloon but nvr drove hatch before..
Hopefully I store less stuff in my car boot..
Haha..

I din buy c180 partially also because of financial calculations
for my is250 c&c take in at 65k while pml took in at 72k
Omv for c180 at 31k, f20 at at 28k
List price more than 20k difference
Drive totally different..
Unfortunately my parents shld they wanna sit in my f20, will be abit sian

Eastmints;842285 said:
C&C - i had a taste of their service as well. called up to make appt to service, on the day, can tell me no appt, to make again. Great service :confused:

Yup. I think C&C also one kind. Everything also like to void warranty. Plus the air-mantic suspension and 7G gearbox a bit wonky. And they aren't cheap. I think service is ok, just a bit cannot be bothered. Still the most pleased with premium auto after sales. Though there has also been negative stories about them.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back