Swiss chiptech

Re: Swiss chiptech

Hi Blauw,

Monster Tune is not a part of Cocoworld. My last ride (Jetta Sport) was tuned by them and I can assure you that they do fantastic work with good after sales service.

However, BMW 116i/118i protocol has not been released yet so they are unable to tune our rides for now.

They do have a tuning box for sale to us. it's a box by Koch, slightly pricer than the box Zane is selling. ~$1300 i think.

Just for the record, not affiliated to Monster Tune in any way, just a happy customer :)

blauw;832862 said:
sounds good... any review as compare to do their monster tune?

Would there be any chipping record in the ECU?

Samuel Tan See Teng;833091 said:
Would there be any chipping record in the ECU?

Not for the swiss chiptech. :goodup:

When it's time for me to get mine done (soon - because Bro OMSHKS already helped me pay the fees), I'll give review here & share the joy :)

Just had mine done, went in, installed and out in 15 mins or less. =) Now back in office, will put it to a test later..

benedictz;833204 said:
Just had mine done, went in, installed and out in 15 mins or less. =) Now back in office, will put it to a test later..

Please give field report bro!!!!!!

Erm sorry for asking a stupid question, but swiss chiptech got wrap in plastic bag one? Using printer type parrellel port is swiss chiptech?

Yes. The chip swisstech comes with a cooling pack.

Slow_poke_driver;833217 said:
Erm sorry for asking a stupid question, but swiss chiptech got wrap in plastic bag one? Using printer type parrellel port is swiss chiptech?

sunstorm;833220 said:
Yes. The chip swisstech comes with a cooling pack.
Why need a cooling pack? got heating problem issue? :/

sunstorm;833029 said:
Hi Blauw,

Monster Tune is not a part of Cocoworld. My last ride (Jetta Sport) was tuned by them and I can assure you that they do fantastic work with good after sales service.

However, BMW 116i/118i protocol has not been released yet so they are unable to tune our rides for now.

They do have a tuning box for sale to us. it's a box by Koch, slightly pricer than the box Zane is selling. ~$1300 i think.

Just for the record, not affiliated to Monster Tune in any way, just a happy customer :)

oooww ok ok... tot it is also by coco... but i remember seeing review on 1series user, hmm not sure...

is this koch n chiptech same with those unichip or emanage, a piggyback? ... would it be necessary to do re-tune if there are additional mod in the car... or be better to do other mods first n install the chip and tune?

After a round of testing out last night and this morning on my way to work, i tried 3 different modes for my 118i.

I had to wait till about 8pm when the roads are clearer before testing this out in sports mode.

In Sports mode, there is definitely an increase in power bringing me from 0-100 in a much shorter timing given the better throttle response. I obviously did not time it but i can feel a significant push forward when i put my foot to the pedal, with the increase power, overtaking is a breeze.

My drive to work this morning.

In Comfort mode: Given the amount of traffic in singapore, comfort mode is my ideal mode of driving around, however i dont feel much response from the swiss chiptech esp in comfort mode. I consider myself to be a regular footed driver, not heavy footed, but i dont feel much response when i'm driving normally, but with a slightly heavier touch, it probably does give it a bit more boost than usual, esp from stationary position. Im blaming this on the run in, i'll give this a second chance after running in more.

My drive home last night:
Eco Mode:
A definite increase in power, with better throttle response, it decreases the lag time and my ECO mode feels like comfort mode now. Before swiss chiptech, whenever i was in Eco mode and stationary, i have no power accelerating from a red light, losing out to most vehicles adjacent to me, thus putting my pressure on the pedal causing my Eco indicator to tell me to pull back. But now its so much better. I can continue to use Eco mode and save some fuel money in the long run with this piggyback.

Overall: a value for money upgrade for the increase in power.

Disclaimer: i'm in no way affiliated to COCO motors nor swiss chiptech.

Perfect.... maybe after my Swiss Chiptech, I can resume EcoPro mode again :) hehehehe....

Nowadays i see f20 on the road i will guai guai move to the side... All got hidden monster under the bonnet... Dont pray pray...

benedictz;833659 said:
After a round of testing out last night and this morning on my way to work, i tried 3 different modes for my 118i.

I had to wait till about 8pm when the roads are clearer before testing this out in sports mode.

In Sports mode, there is definitely an increase in power bringing me from 0-100 in a much shorter timing given the better throttle response. I obviously did not time it but i can feel a significant push forward when i put my foot to the pedal, with the increase power, overtaking is a breeze.

In Comfort mode: Given the amount of traffic in singapore, comfort mode is my ideal mode of driving around, however i dont feel much response from the swiss chiptech esp in comfort mode. I consider myself to be a regular footed driver, not heavy footed, but i dont feel much response when i'm driving normally, but with a slightly heavier touch, it probably does give it a bit more boost than usual, esp from stationary position. Im blaming this on the run in, i'll give this a second chance after running in more.

Eco Mode:
A definite increase in power, with better throttle response, it decreases the lag time and my ECO mode feels like comfort mode now. Before swiss chiptech, whenever i was in Eco mode and stationary, i have no power accelerating from a red light, losing out to most vehicles adjacent to me, thus putting my pressure on the pedal causing my Eco indicator to tell me to pull back. But now its so much better. I can continue to use Eco mode and save some fuel money in the long run with this piggyback.

hows the FC then for Eco mode? scally eco mode become comfort mode's FC, then back to square one? :thinking:

nighthawkcity;833740 said:
hows the FC then for Eco mode? scally eco mode become comfort mode's FC, then back to square one? :thinking:

Eco mode also depends on your driving style, if you are heavy footed and flooring the pedal all the time, then of course it will defeat any purpose, but if you drive normally, the swiss chiptech would not affect FC at all.

benedictz;833659 said:

Eco Mode:

sport mode=got effect
comfort=not much effect
eco pro=feels like comfort mode

Correct?

Any significant improvement in acceleration for city driving range, around 1500-3000 rpm range in comfort mode?

Slow_poke_driver;833919 said:
sport mode=got effect
comfort=not much effect
eco pro=feels like comfort mode

Correct?

Any significant improvement in acceleration for city driving range, around 1500-3000 rpm range in comfort mode?

I'll give you a more accurate feedback after running in abit more in regards to comfort mode city driving, as i'm also used to driving in comfort mode.

zhenlie;833724 said:
Nowadays i see f20 on the road i will guai guai move to the side... All got hidden monster under the bonnet... Dont pray pray...

We siam u hor :nehnehhh:

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back