Swiss chiptech

Gilbert73

After much deliberation on which tuning box to go for, I decided to go with swiss chiptech. The figures were almost the same with most other tuning boxes available but what I could not resist was the cost of the chip.

Once informed that the swiss chiptech has arrived, I got it installed today. I must say I am really happy with the performance of my car now. Mine is a 118i.

Installation of the tuning box was a breeze... simply removed a few connectors and re-attaching them to the wiring harness of the chip that came with it. After that, the car was started and revved a few times to make sure the light on the box remains constant on. That was it.

Took the car out and immediately, l felt the car was already different. Firstly, the throttle was lighter and small depression of the accelerator pulls the car away quickly.

On cruising, I do not need to step very hard on the accelerator but lightly and that was enough. I believe my fuel consumption should improve over time but the urge to step harder is simply irresistible at times.

Initially was still deciding on whether to include a sprint booster to enhance the response. But seems like the stock factory settings on the chip was already sufficient. Btw, the chip can still be programmed to enhance the response if needed.

All in all, I could feel the power is there and importantly, I felt that the money is well spent given that the cost of the chip was very reasonable.

I have yet to put the car in sports mode to try... maybe later.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Re: Swiss chiptech

Power.........

cheersssssssssss

Gilbert73;829602 said:
After much deliberation on which tuning box to go for, I decided to go with swiss chiptech. The figures were almost the same with most other tuning boxes available but what I could not resist was the cost of the chip.

Once informed that the swiss chiptech has arrived, I got it installed today. I must say I am really happy with the performance of my car now. Mine is a 118i.

Installation of the tuning box was a breeze... simply removed a few connectors and re-attaching them to the wiring harness of the chip that came with it. After that, the car was started and revved a few times to make sure the light on the box remains constant on. That was it.

Took the car out and immediately, l felt the car was already different. Firstly, the throttle was lighter and small depression of the accelerator pulls the car away quickly.

On cruising, I do not need to step very hard on the accelerator but lightly and that was enough. I believe my fuel consumption should improve over time but the urge to step harder is simply irresistible at times.

Initially was still deciding on whether to include a sprint booster to enhance the response. But seems like the stock factory settings on the chip was already sufficient. Btw, the chip can still be programmed to enhance the response if needed.

All in all, I could feel the power is there and importantly, I felt that the money is well spent given that the cost of the chip was very reasonable.

Super...congratulations on the extra power!

Gilbert73;829602 said:

bro, how much did you pay and who did the installation?

Gilbert73;829602 said:

hi gibert, what's the damage like for the chip? try deciding whether to install KS..but after reading your review..i might get the chip for my 116

Dyno charts please......

Congrats bro on chipping it up!! Guess you will enjoy the pick up for weeks to come :)

zeromax;829954 said:
Congrats bro on chipping it up!! Guess you will enjoy the pick up for weeks to come :)

Thanks bro.

The extra power does come in handy and even in eco mode, the lag seems to have greatly reduced.

after chipped up, the drive is 'claimed' better especially the acceleration is faster and more crispy

let's ignore the increased of bhp/nm but why bmw 'original' ecu setting is retarted?

after all the good reviews, the price and installer is still unknown:(

Believe it's abt $850 wif COCOWORLD...

SERIOUSLY? thats a steal compared to KS

uglyducklings2000;830091 said:
SERIOUSLY? thats a steal compared to KS

U hv to check wif Zane fm COCOWORLD urself...

Or mayb bro Gilbert can verify dat.

HITMAN;830092 said:
U hv to check wif Zane fm COCOWORLD urself...

Or mayb bro Gilbert can verify dat.

Yup. It was a steal.

MTL....Happy modding

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Limom Destiny
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back