taking over a taxi unlawfully

joshdway

just WTF is taking over a taxi unlawfully?
so what is the lawful way to take over a cab?
or this is one of those only for FT kinda charge?

sounds damm light. shouldnt it be almost like car jacking, or robbing and stealing a car at the least?

Trio charged with various acts of misconduct

by Alvina Soh
04:45 AM Jul 08, 2011

Three men were yesterday charged in court with various acts of misconduct, including taking over a taxi unlawfully and attacking its driver and three other people on the same night.

They are Briton Robert James Springall, 24; New Zealander Robert Stephen Dahlberg, 34; and Australian Nathan Robert Miller, 35. MediaCorp understands that Springall and Dahlberg are option brokers and colleagues.

All three are currently out on bail ranging between s$6,000 and s$15,000. The trio allegedly committed the offences at around midnight on April 11 last year at Suntec City.

Springall allegedly used a taxi without the driver's consent and was said to have pushed the 57-year-old driver in the chest. While he was allegedly driving the taxi, he allegedly failed to keep a proper lookout, resulting in a collision with a signage pole. He was charged with wrongfully using a taxi, voluntarily causing hurt to the driver and flouting traffic rules.

Dahlberg and Miller were both charged with attacking other people.

Dahlberg allegedly hurt a man by swinging his fist, and pushing another man, causing him to hit his face against a pillar. This caused the man to sustain a nose bleed, forehead laceration and fracture of the nasal bone.

Miller, who allegedly jumped on the taxi bonnet, was charged with disorderly behaviour.

The trio will be back in court between July 14 and Aug 29. Alvina Soh

TODAYonline | Singapore | Singapore in Brief | Trio charged with various acts of misconduct

Re: taking over a taxi unlawfully

when it comes out, compare the sentences with this lor... which one more serious?

Chomp Chomp stall holder jailed for attack with ladle

SIMMERING tension between two stall holders of Chomp Chomp food centre in Serangoon Gardens boiled over early in 2011, resulting in a ladle being used as a weapon of offence.

In the hands of an infuriated Yeo Teck Heng, 52, the metre-long ladle hit 50-year-old Ng Siew Kin's right forearm hard enough to fracture it.
Yeo, who used to run Daily Fresh BBQ Chicken Wing & Spring Chicken, was jailed 14 months on Friday for the Feb 8 incident.
The wooden-handled ladle with a diameter of 4cm also hit 12-year-old customer Ng Siew Khim, giving her a swelling on her head. The charge for causing hurt to the girl through a rash act was considered by the judge when the sentence was passed.

Yeo has been in remand since Feb 11. His prison term will be backdated to then. Defence counsel Sunil Sudheesan told the court that Ms Ng used to work for Yeo, but had left to set up a sugar cane drink stall in the same food centre. Some months before the incident, she had had a quarrel with Yeo over disparaging remarks she was alleged to have made about him.

Whenever Yeo was within earshot, Ms Ng would allegedly mutter: 'Buy one, get one free', in a reference to his marriage to a divorcee with a 21-year-old daughter. On the day of the attack, Yeo lost his cool and hit Ms Ng with the ladle out of frustration, the lawyer said.
i think FT will just get fined or slap on wrists

When MW touches Ken on the butt that's unlawful. But Ken likes.

we are in some ways becoming like boleh land

everything boleh for FT

and most of the FTs here arent even the top tiered FT

mostly 3rd or even 4th

C3P0;659843 said:
When MW touches Ken on the butt that's unlawful. But Ken likes.

if ken sues, MW kenna jialat jialat

unless MW is FT or at least speak with ang mo accent

I will touch the judge as well. See how he judge

Friend's friend was one of the guys who tried to help the cabby and was beaten up while being verbally abused with racist remarks. Heard the expats are still in the finance industry in big firms...so some people on the forum may know these fucked up expats.

reminds me of the ang mors who made fun of the poor trishaw old man and refuse to pay him

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_pdh0RKZI8&playnext=1&list=PLD8A4049597B3274E"]YouTube - ‪Ang Mohs bully old trishaw rider at Clarke Quay‬‏[/ame]

we need more citizens like this...hehe....Singapore boleh

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ3QJmhXdpU[/ame]

for the trishaw uncle, i think its also partly our own fault.
my wife, who is not from SG, always ask me why are the old people here still working at such an old age.
old folks in her home country are usually taken care of, spending their days doing things they like, not worrying abt survival but here in SG, we have old folks selling tissue paper, begging for money, the trishaw uncle, cleaners, bowl/plate collectors at the foodcourts etc which pains me every time i see it.
what kind of social welfare system do we have for the old?

sorry for the ot

if i ever see these ang moh gaus treating our poor folks, i am going to slice their balls out and shaft it down their axx.

sszone;659912 said:
for the trishaw uncle, i think its also partly our own fault.
my wife, who is not from SG, always ask me why are the old people here still working at such an old age.
old folks in her home country are usually taken care of, spending their days doing things they like, not worrying abt survival but here in SG, we have old folks selling tissue paper, begging for money, the trishaw uncle, cleaners, bowl/plate collectors at the foodcourts etc which pains me every time i see it.
what kind of social welfare system do we have for the old?

sorry for the ot

i beg to differ. it's happening in every developed country. at least, these folks work for the livelihood. in most countries, they beg.

inergen;659914 said:
i beg to differ. it's happening in every developed country. at least, these folks work for the livelihood. in most countries, they beg.

Unfortunate but true. Even though you deplore the lack of a system here whereby aged people sit in old age homes, at least they have the opportunity to work - far better than LOT of places I have lived in. Plus they (usually) have their families!

Look at the proportion of oldies to the young peeps in Singapore and see how many oldies actually have to work... not too high I would bet.

As for the cabbie incident. I feel sorry for the cabbie and the guy who tried to help. These ba$tards should be kicked out of the country.

timechaser;660410 said:
as for the cabbie incident. I feel sorry for the cabbie and the guy who tried to help. These ba$tards should be kicked out of the country.

absoultely!!

When I was a taxi driver in the past, no one dare touch me nor my taxi. My bicep big.

I never let anyone bully me or any FTs bully Singaporean. If I see these on the road I will go help them. Bite those FT up teach them a f&@$king lesson not to mess around with Singaporean. Five years back I beat up one ang moh till he go hospital for 12 stiges on his head... I am not a fighter but if I need to I will!!

John74;750472 said:
I never let anyone bully me or any FTs bully Singaporean. If I see these on the road I will go help them. Bite those FT up teach them a f&@$king lesson not to mess around with Singaporean. Five years back I beat up one ang moh till he go hospital for 12 stiges on his head... I am not a fighter but if I need to I will!!

cannot anyhow beat ppl....just sue or complain them, make them boh eng go sub court.....bobby teach one

John74;750472 said:

...Wah, u must be v angry .. But can meh? Won't u get in2 trouble too w law? :shock:

...nonetheless ....BRAVO!!! I knw not right la... But sumtimes , sum unforeseen situtations, we need ppl like John...Or beat redi run huh...:shock:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win79bcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back