The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Ho ho.... Owen scores again.....

Few shots by a friend last weekend.......

kenntona;454745 said:
Few shots by a friend last weekend.......

Hahaha... the 11-0 quite funny....

And walau the ones with the players are eye tests man. All blend into the backdrop liao.

Oooh, now Arsenal are in for the HUNTelaar....

Today
2pm - Arrive in Singapore
5.30pm - Press conference @ Mandarin Oriental
7pm - Training @ Jalan Besar Stadium

Friday
10am - Training @ Jalan Besar Stadium
1.30pm - Vivocity Adidas
2pm - Carragher and Skrtel @ Velocity
Reina and Agger @ Jurong Point
7pm - Training @ National Stadium

Saturday
12.30pm - Pre match conference @ Mandarin Oriental
1.30pm - Singapore River Cruise

Sunday
7pm - Match @ National Stadium

I am gonna be selling Eric Cantona's jerseys outside stadium on Sunday.

Who's going for the liverfools match? I'll be there

I'm only going for the pre-match festivities.... at Kallang carpark.... lol

I hope the will finally win their first pre season match!!!

Can I order 1 Kenntona jersey??

marklee;455804 said:
Who's going for the liverfools match? I'll be there

me me me going! But don't know to go meetup or not....no one lobang me....

Yahoo/Eurosports column 'Early Doors' article on Man City.... walau had to stifle laughter at comment on Vincent Kompany.... haha....

Early Doors - Your morning briefing blog

No star quality
Wed Jul 29 08:54AM

376,http%3A%2F%2Fa323.yahoofs.com%2Fymg%2Fearly_doors__2%2Fearly_doors-255744300-1248854236.jpg%3FymcTZpBDiKl80ccZ

They say money can't buy you love, but it seems it is also no guarantee of securing a star footballer either. If Manchester City wrap up the signing of Arsenal centre-back Kolo Toure then it is yet another big-money arrival at Eastlands which fails to get the blood pumping.

No need to panic Arsenal fans, as Arsene Wenger has assured fans: "We have seven centre-backs." That's right, Gooners, Philippe Senderos is back!

Although he was not the one left on his backside in the Champions League semi-final humbling by Manchester United, Toure did not completely escape the backlash as the inquest into a fourth trophyless season for the Gunners got underway.

And, despite his undoubted quality, the Ivorian is no John Terry in terms of making a statement of intent, unless your intent is to consistently overspend on good-but-not-great footballers.

The fruitless pursuits of Terry and Kaka have proved, just as it was with Chelsea in their early of obscene wealth, that it's still hard to bring in the top, top names with new money.

It took Roman Abramovich several years before he could tempt someone of Andrei Shevchenko's stature to the club, and in the end he signed the Ukrainian's evil twin brother who is rubbish at football.

Almost every single one of City's post-ADUG purchases have been tainted in one way or another.

Emmanuel Adebayor - After chasing a move for a year, would not have been welcomed back by Arsenal fans with open arms at the Emirates this August. Could well have been welcomed back by Arsenal fans bearing arms though.

Roque Santa Cruz - Despite sulking for six months as he wanted out of Blackburn, looked on as Rovers still avoided the drop while fielding Chris Samba up front.

Carlos Tevez - Having helped win a hatful of trophies for United, now City have been left to pick up the bill.

Gareth Barry - Agreed his route out of Aston Villa a year ago, only to see Xabi Alonso have a blinding season and make a last-minute diversion from Liverpool to Manchester.

Shay Given - Quite simply, desperate and grateful to leave Newcastle.

Nigel de Jong - Even by City standards, they paid over the odds for the midfielder, forking out around £18m in January for a player they could have got for £5m this summer.

Vincent Kompany - Looks like Skeletor.

As long as Sheikh Mansour sticks around, City will have to be taken seriously at some point, but if they stick with the strategy of hovering up every Premier League waif and stray who is down on his luck then it will take them a lot longer.

RIP to Sir Bobby Robson.......

dpointt;459024 said:
RIP to Sir Bobby Robson.......

RIP to a great and good man, who managed Barcelona, Newcastle, Porto, PSV, Ipswich, England and achieved a lot with these teams.

The Newcastle management that sacked him was the most kum gong.

First day only, and Arsenal is showing true colours, 6-1 away against Everton. No Adebayor, no Kolo Toure, no problem !!!

No ronaldo, no tevez... how will united fare today?
sigh.......

dpointt;463725 said:
No ronaldo, no tevez... how will united fare today?
sigh.......

if u are a punter..gan gan take Man UTd... tonight
________
EXPERT INSURANCE

Last edited by a moderator:

kenntona;463699 said:
First day only, and Arsenal is showing true colours, 6-1 away against Everton. No Adebayor, no Kolo Toure, no problem !!!

swee swee game..half time close shop...

btw the current arsenal midfield formation not bad...2 person(Song, Denilson) to do the dirty work providing cover for defence and also protect fabregas.... everton is destroyed..arsenal sacrifaced 1 striker for this formation though.....bentner playing out of position lol
________
Ferrari 312B History

Last edited by a moderator:

why din they sell bentner....? he is crap

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back