The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

I'm damn happy with the way Arsenal played against Everton, the formation was perfect...and who needs Toure when you have Vermaelen? Arsene Wenger knows what he is doing.

I wouldn't be too optimistic about Arsenal's performance in this season just based on this opening game. Since when did Arsenal score with headers from set pieces!? I'm treating it more like a fluke result..don't wana get my hopes raised too high. Keeping my fingers crossed still..

what an interesting start to this season EPL..so many away teams won (arsenal won 1-6)..

marklee;463793 said:
I'm damn happy with the way Arsenal played against Everton, the formation was perfect...and who needs Toure when you have Vermaelen? Arsene Wenger knows what he is doing.

I wouldn't be too optimistic about Arsenal's performance in this season just based on this opening game. Since when did Arsenal score with headers from set pieces!? I'm treating it more like a fluke result..don't wana get my hopes raised too high. Keeping my fingers crossed still..

were u at seletar reservoir this morning?

I know i will kanna flame by saying this, but but but

1 win for SPURS tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

totoseow;463818 said:
were u at seletar reservoir this morning?

I was in that area at around 1045...yishun ave 1 is it? Was on the way to yishun ring road.

Post Ronaldo, Man Utd has a serious issue - the flanks are not penetrating at all. Nani and Valencia lacked confidence to take on defenders. Perhaps Park and Giggs could do a better job.

Berbatov is still a waste of time.

kenntona;464025 said:
Post Ronaldo, Man Utd has a serious issue - the flanks are not penetrating at all. Nani and Valencia lacked confidence to take on defenders. Perhaps Park and Giggs could do a better job.

+1

Maybe its the start of the season..but Man Utd's build up is way way too slow....not the same turbocharged machine i am used to seeing....
________
Universal Health

Last edited by a moderator:

+1 on berbatov a waste of time

"really?"

goes into soccernet 1-1 -_-

well, it could have been 3-1 or even 4-1...

but we'll settle for a 2-1 win! SPURS!!!

to be honest, if liverpool played to their strength, only man-u and chelsea can match to them. it was an off-day for liverpool...and alonso was deeply deeply missed in the middle.

marklee;463793 said:

BUT who scored? defenders and midfielders...

Hope Eduardo regains match fitness soon, Van Persie don't seem to be scoring much.

bmw_newbie;464206 said:
to be honest, if liverpool played to their strength, only man-u and chelsea can match to them. it was an off-day for liverpool...and alonso was deeply deeply missed in the middle.

Ya. Nontheless a great win for my fav club spurs... They were more than a match in all depts against pool yest nite.

Spurs should be challenging for europe this season & im quite confident they will finish in the top 6 teams this year. It's time they step up a Level..

:dance:

kenntona;464025 said:

I was expecting a heavy defeat, but that was a very poor Man Utd performance. I wish Mcleish had more balls and actually played with 2 up front as this was probably our best chance to actually score a goal (never mind winning, just scoring a goal) at OT.

Loks like the usual 3 divisions again, top 5 fighting it out, next 7 or 8 pushing for Europe, next 7 or 8 fighting the drop. It's all getting a bit predictable.

eric3417;464288 said:
Ya. Nontheless a great win for my fav club spurs... They were more than a match in all depts against pool yest nite.

Spurs should be challenging for europe this season & im quite confident they will finish in the top 6 teams this year. It's time they step up a Level..

:dance:

yes bro eric....come on Spurs!!!!

Audere est Facere

Another good result from Chelsea and Spurs ... Liverpool picking up steam ... Man U reverse gear. Arsenal yet to play 2nd game, but good result against Celtic. Season looks interesting if going by the first 2 games.

Man utd was totally lost in the jungle this morning, its only the 2nd half then they woke up, too late. That goal was damn solid by burnley. Full-time Burnley 1-0 Man Utd

Liverpool on the other hand was electricfying! Im speechless...i would gadly vote Glen johnson as man of the match! Stoke could not handle johnson on the right wing, he defence well & attacks brilliantly scoring with a bicycle kick and assist a goal. Wee U Weet...!!!:woottt: Full-time Liverpool 4-0 Stoke

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back