The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

next season si bei exciting.

first key match in Oct. Liverpool vs Man U.
Dan, watch at ur place again? :)

Why most teams treat matches with Man U as "key"?

:nehnehhh::nehnehhh::nehnehhh:

Will Charlie Adam's new team get relegated this coming season?

dash;656558 said:

i m in! but dan is a gooner fan!

etan1;656588 said:
Why most teams treat matches with Man U as "key"?

:nehnehhh::nehnehhh::nehnehhh:

COS WE ARE THE CHAMPION!!! :cloud9::cloud9:

The thought of Nasri going to ManU is sickening. If the fella wanna play punk and don't wanna sign a new contract, then no choice, gotta let him go. I would rather sell him to another club in Europe for a little less money than to sell him to a direct competitor.

I think Cesc will go. Hopefully Real Madrid bid for him and a price war starts.

Thought I read somewhere that Real Madrid did bid higher than Barcelona by a few million, but Cesc would never go there.

I think Cesc can still offer a lot to Arsenal, but his heart not here...so better to let him go. Hopefully he disrupts the midfield partnership of Xavi and Iniesta...

Honestly Arsenal has been disappointing so far in the transfer market. Can't even put enough money to lure Chris Samba from Blackburn, if Arsenal don't sign an established defender, goalkeeper and defensive mid, I don't see Arsenal lifting anything next season. Nasri is just being human. Got more money and better chance of winning medals.....who don't want?

dash;656558 said:

Unfortunately Arsenal has a match at the same time against Sunderland but I'm more than happy to let you guys watch the game :)

marklee;656627 said:
Thought I read somewhere that Real Madrid did bid higher than Barcelona by a few million, but Cesc would never go there.

I think Cesc can still offer a lot to Arsenal, but his heart not here...so better to let him go. Hopefully he disrupts the midfield partnership of Xavi and Iniesta...

Honestly Arsenal has been disappointing so far in the transfer market. Can't even put enough money to lure Chris Samba from Blackburn, if Arsenal don't sign an established defender, goalkeeper and defensive mid, I don't see Arsenal lifting anything next season. Nasri is just being human. Got more money and better chance of winning medals.....who don't want?

Cesc is competing with Busquets at Barca I think... and that's why you hardly hear Busquets wanting him to join. Anyway, there were news about him posing with a Barca shirt again last week and the excuse given by him was so lame.

I do hope we sign Gary Cahill... he does look like a solid defender.

dleo;656646 said:
Cesc is competing with Busquets at Barca I think... and that's why you hardly hear Busquets wanting him to join. Anyway, there were news about him posing with a Barca shirt again last week and the excuse given by him was so lame.

I do hope we sign Gary Cahill... he does look like a solid defender.

But Busquets is a defensive midfielder...and Cesc more of a central attacking midfielder. Speaking of which...I don't mind a swap deal of Cesc for Busquets or Mascherano..

Yes to Gary Cahill, Christopher Samba or Per Mertsecker...but please do not sign Jageilka

Next few days crucial for Arsenal....

By ESPN staff
Arsenal are braced for an exodus of three key players after Manchester City reportedly approached the London club for Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy on Thursday.

GettyImages
Samir Nasri: Only 12 months on contract
•Denilson could stay
•Arsene Wenger playing waiting game
•Ahmedov linked to Arsenal

Arsene Wenger already looks set to lose skipper Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona, after AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani revealed that he had given up on the Spaniard because "he will join another club".

Clichy is a player Wenger has already revealed he would like to keep at the club, but the France international has admirers at Liverpool to the tune of £5 million, and it appears City will usurp the Reds with a £7 million transfer fee.

Most hurtful of all, though, will be the mooted exit of Nasri, Arsenal's star man for much of last season. The Frenchman has been linked to a move to Manchester United, who need a replacement for the retired Paul Scholes. On June 17 Nasri attempted to calm speculation by revealing he would hold talks with Wenger and the Arsenal board, insisting: "Don't listen to all the rumours and everything that is written or said."

However, having missed out on Chile international Alexis Sanchez, City will now lodge a £20 million bid, a substantial fee for a player who could leave for nothing at the end of next season.

In addition, Talksport claims the Eastlands club will tempt Nasri with a £180,000-a-week deal, superior to the financial terms on offer at United. City officials are not willing to comment on the approach at this time, but it is believed Clichy's transfer will be wrapped up before they press home the Nasri deal.

Meanwhile, Tomas Rosicky has joined Denilson is saying he does not want to leave the club.

He told iDNES.cz: "I don't want to go somewhere where I would have it easier and where even the ordinary life would be easier for me. I want to achieve something with Arsenal.

"On Monday, I am starting pre-season with Arsenal. Before vacation I was speaking with coach Wenger and he told me he counted on my services and that there was no intention of selling me."

Denilson could stay??? Please let him go...

This news is worse than Cesc leaving Arsenal.

dleo;657001 said:
Denilson could stay??? Please let him go...

This news is worse than Cesc leaving Arsenal.

My sympathies......

Bad news for Man U.....

Paul O’Hehir writes in The Mirror...

Arsenal plot bid for John O’Shea
Arsenal are considering a shock move for Manchester United's John O'Shea. The Gunners are shopping around for defensive cover as they are on the verge of selling Gael Clichy to Manchester City for £7million. Bolton's Gary Cahill remains top of Arsenal's wish list, but it is not yet clear if Arsene Wenger will shell out £17m. Versatile O'Shea, 30, was told this summer that he can leave United after 12 years. The Republic of Ireland international is not interested in joining Sunderland, who expressed interest a fortnight ago and also want United's Darron Gibson. But O'Shea has been made aware of Arsenal's interest and sources close to the player say he will consider a move to London. O'Shea was initially going to be a makeweight in a Manchester United push to lure Arsenal ace Samir Nasri to Old Trafford. But Manchester City last night joined the hunt for the Frenchman, although Arsenal do not want to lose him to a top-four rival. But with Wenger cutting his losses on Clichy, who only had a year left on his contract, the path is still clear for an approach for O'Shea.

etan1;657539 said:
Bad news for Man U.....

Paul O’Hehir writes in The Mirror...

Arsenal plot bid for John O’Shea
Arsenal are considering a shock move for Manchester United's John O'Shea. The Gunners are shopping around for defensive cover as they are on the verge of selling Gael Clichy to Manchester City for £7million. Bolton's Gary Cahill remains top of Arsenal's wish list, but it is not yet clear if Arsene Wenger will shell out £17m. Versatile O'Shea, 30, was told this summer that he can leave United after 12 years. The Republic of Ireland international is not interested in joining Sunderland, who expressed interest a fortnight ago and also want United's Darron Gibson. But O'Shea has been made aware of Arsenal's interest and sources close to the player say he will consider a move to London. O'Shea was initially going to be a makeweight in a Manchester United push to lure Arsenal ace Samir Nasri to Old Trafford. But Manchester City last night joined the hunt for the Frenchman, although Arsenal do not want to lose him to a top-four rival. But with Wenger cutting his losses on Clichy, who only had a year left on his contract, the path is still clear for an approach for O'Shea.

This must be a bad joke.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamewin79mobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back