The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

I love Inter....I guess they perfer to win at old trafford..:lol2:

i want juventus to win tonight!! :)

toiletsiao;418510 said:
Its really a shift of power...80's thru to early 90's Italian Soccer is the best..........-_-zzz
Agreed. Italian was strongest that time. But maybe because English teams were banned from europe from 1985 onwards for 5 or 6 years I think. If no Haysel, Liverpool will still dominate the 80s, 90s and maybe 21st century!
YNWA, yeh.

toiletsiao;418510 said:
add on..btw BPL teams the best doesnt mean the english plays the best soccer...more like they have the best mix of foreign players there =p
+1. England quite jialat one. Imagine, Heskey still playing as striker for England :lol2:

toiletsiao said:
add on..btw BPL teams the best doesnt mean the english plays the best soccer...more like they have the best mix of foreign players there =p
+1

The best or key players from the top 5 teams are mostly non English.....

Man Utd - Ronaldo, Giggs, Vidic, Evra, Berbatov, Van Der Sar (but Ferdinand, Neville, Carrick and Rooney are English)

Liverpool - Torres, Riera, Alonso, Reina, Kuyt, Masherano (Gerrard, Callagher are English)

Chelsea - Drogba, Cech, Anelka, Ballack, Deco, Malouda, Essien, Carvalho, Bosingwa (Terry, Cole & Cole and Lampard are English)

Arsenal - Gallas, Toure, Clichy, Fabregas, Van Persie, Adebayor, Eboue, Nasri, Bendtner, Diaby, Eduardo ...... walao only Walcott is English !!!

Aston Villa is the only exception - with Barry, Agbonlahor are English.

Conclusion - look at the coach !!

C3P0 said:
Agreed. Italian was strongest that time. But maybe because English teams were banned from europe from 1985 onwards for 5 or 6 years I think. If no Haysel, Liverpool will still dominate the 80s, 90s and maybe 21st century!
YNWA, yeh.
Actually Italians tumbled because of corruption issues, if you recall.

In fact, that happened to Singapore soccer too !!! When it peaked, it was KELONG time !!!

collin said:
Real Madrid vs Liverpool 1 - 0
Chelsea vs Juventus 0 - 1
Sporting CP vs Bayern Munich 1 - 2
Villareal vs Panathinaikos 0 - 0
Wahahahahahaha..... you hate BPL teams ar?

And the non-BPL teams have no engrish men... england sucks kekekeke

kenntona;418524 said:
+1
Conclusion - look at the coach !!

coach/manager = englishman = no champions league trophy :lol2:

I hope Chelsea and Liverpool progress to the next round. So that they will continue to have distractions from their BPL campaigns. But hope they KO by the semis. Bwahaha!!!

U r seriously bored and have nothing to add.... u sure u play futsal!?! :)

C3P0;418520 said:
YNWA, yeh.

+1. England quite jialat one. Imagine, Heskey still playing as striker for England :lol2:

When was the last time England produced a geniune worldclass player?? haha
No offence to Steven Gerrand, Frank Lampard , David Beckham , Alan Shearer etc.. imo the only true worldclass player England had from the time i watched soccer is Paul Gascoigne ... That guy's technique and skill and football acumen is really a level above the rest even till this day... If die die must pick a player from the current squad now who is in the "worldclass bracket" i would think its Rio Ferdinand (not being scarstic hor) .
________
Synthetic Weed

Last edited by a moderator:

Gazza?? Hmm... I would think Lineker...
Anyway anyways... IMO today better engrishman is Gerard, can tackle can pass can score, not so much creativity though, but holds midfield well, but right man in the wrong team and wrong nationality.

Agree Gerrard is closest to the Gazza. Joe Cole lacks the physiques.

maybe mourinho prediction is true....
he said that the tie will ends when they play united in the 2nd leg in extra time!!!

so he already planing for this draw in San Siro....
watch this space!

Just a little comparison with the previous season for the current top 5 teams, after 26 matches played...

----------------(2008/2009) (2007/2008 )--------------------
-------------------Pts/Pos--------Pts/Pos-----Pts/Pos Diff
Man Utd -------- 62/1 -----------58/2 ----------- +4/+1
Liverpool ------- 55/2 ---------- 47/4 ----------- +8/+2
Chelsea -------- 52/3 ---------- 55/3 ----------- -3/+0
Aston Villa ----- 51/4 ---------- 44/6 ----------- +7/+2
Arsenal --------- 45/5 ---------- 63/1 ----------- -18/-4

So Liverpool have made the most progress compared to this point last season, scoring 8 more points and gaining 2 positions. Villa are not far behind, scoring 7 more pts and also gaining 2 positions.

Man Utd have improved with 4 more pts and gained 1 position, while Chelsea have scored 3 less points but maintained their position.

Arsenal are the biggest stumblers, scoring a massive 18 points less than last season and dropping 4 positions. They were actually leading the table at this point last season, scoring 1 point more than current leaders Man Utd after 26 matches.

kenntona;418528 said:
Wahahahahahaha..... you hate BPL teams ar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by collin
Real Madrid vs Liverpool 1 - 0
Chelsea vs Juventus 0 - 1
Sporting CP vs Bayern Munich 1 - 2
Villareal vs Panathinaikos 0 - 0

Real Madrid last game 6 -1. good scoring form.....home ground also. Liverpool will defend like mad. Hear Gerald not playing. Same story.
Chelsea disappointment. ( Lost heart Liao ).

Gerard plays only direct football.....
not in the league of world best in term of skills and footballing brain
but do love the die hard attitude and british bulldog spirit (and he loves phil collins)

HAHAHAHAHA...........

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back