The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

Re: The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

285 35 20 is stock
285 35 18 is slightly smaller than stock
285 40 18 is larger than stock

Treadwear on A048 was abt 10,000km. Rating is 80

Treadwear on RE070 is 140.

But diff companies use slightly different yardsticks.

I am sure someone will figure out how to by pass the rim sensor. The U.S market is crazy over upsizing rims...like the Iforge 22s that appear on the TAS showcar.

coupe1;308477 said:
I am sure someone will figure out how to by pass the rim sensor. The U.S market is crazy over upsizing rims...like the Iforge 22s that appear on the TAS showcar.

As was discussed in the GTROC UK forums, they drove the car with stock rims to the exhibition hall, then changed rims ;)

If u downsize to 18, u hv to increase the profile height a little bit and in this case, not easy to find tires of weird sizes like 255/40/18 285/35/18 where mostly u will find 255/35 285/30 on 18 instead...

If ur profile is the same as the stock one, then u will end up having a dessert paris dakar rally car

Made a mistake in my calculations last time:

20 inch = 50.8cm diameter
285 width 35 profile = 9.98 cm thickness
Total diameter = 70.8cm

18 inch = 45.72mm diameter
285 width 45 profile = 12.8cm
Total diameter = 71.37cm (too thick)

285 width 40 profile = 11.4cm
Total diameter = 68.52 (too small)

So really depends on whether can find matching tyres.

is there a locally based GTR forum already? :)

BK, post pics of your ride? or are the pics buried somewhere back in this thread already?

And another thing... despite the varying OMV and selling prices, does it all work out to be about S$20- S$21/yr depreciation??

huh? 20-21K depre? More than that lah...

jaskin;308551 said:
huh? 20-21K depre? More than that lah...

i'm talking averaged out over 10 years, not buy and sell within 18 mths... i'm talking normalised depreciation..

let's say a 80k omv gtr sells for 270k.. at the end of 10 years, the scrap is 80x55% = 44k.. so the ave depre over 10 years is (270- 44)/10 = 22.6k/yr... (okie so it indeed isn't 20- 21k/yr :))

it's a quick and dirty back-of-the-envelope calculation, but i'm wondering if the gtr owners are arriving at roughly the same ball park numbers? thanks!

cavallino;308544 said:
is there a locally based GTR forum already? :)

BK, post pics of your ride? or are the pics buried somewhere back in this thread already?

My car is as always dirty. Hence choice of DMG :p

Friend did take some shots first night I got it, but to be honest, they look like most other photos I have seen of the car, ie. it is hard to convey the sense of its scale in a photo, nor appreciate the lines. It is a muscular car. Some have compared it to Japanese' interpretation of the American Mustang. It doesn't have the sleek sexy curves of an Italian thoroughbred, nor was it intended to have one. Wife called it Gundam. (she names all my cars, and this name came to her without her having read any of the reviews), and it stuck.

But enough of my car.

These are some of the best shots I have seen anywhere...

34570820xr6.jpg

62502418bh8.jpg

29563907au5.jpg

GTR_rig_nissancopy.jpg

GTR_profilecopy.jpg

GTR_rear_nissancopy.jpg

GTR_front.jpg

Some pix of Doogie's GT-R... taken by yours truly! Horrible quality I know... :evil:

axl;308865 said:
Some pix of Doogie's GT-R... taken by yours truly! Horrible quality I know... :evil:

Wah... the ghey brudders.... oops, I mean the grey brudders... :yummie:

Read abt this in GTROC UK

Apparently some initial R35s have had issues with the gearbox and there was some rework done. My PI mentioned this to me, when his first shipments were delayed.

Don't understand Japanese, so can't comprehend the problem as demonstrated in this video:

http://autoselect.dynalias.net/auto/080126_35r_trouble.wmv

But I think it has something to do with the transmission overheating.

FWIW, I have not seen it happen on my own car before.

You have not seen it happen on your own car before - is it happening now??

I was reading abt this too - thought this was fixed by the firmware update/recall which delayed your car... or is this a new issue?

Nope, but then I haven't run in that hard

True... so when's you crosing the 1K. Will rig your car up for full sound to record a launch! :p

Hi all

Super Black
Black Edition + (Bose)

Will be reaching Sg end of this month

Lets have a GT-R meetup soon

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members