The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

Re: The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

///M3;305129 said:
here it is.
GTR World

in the making..:nehnehhh:

Thanks for the introduction ;)

The site is a work in progress. Much needs to be done to provide a good user experience.

All suggestions for the site and chat categories are welcome.

[email protected]

Thank you and regards

John

hi there, would appreciate any help from you guys here.. what is the OMV for the GTR, roughly?

and did Nissan say anywhere in its press release, website, annual reports (where ever) about how many GTRs it intends to make and sell??

thanks!!!!

Welcome to the party. The OMV varies between $66K - $117K, consequently the price at which it is sold varies too.

How many GTRs - the numbers vary depending on which article and magazine you read. Their "hypothetical" maximum production capacity is supposedly 6,000 cars annually. I might be 100% wrong in this...

timechaser;307706 said:
Welcome to the party. The OMV varies between $66K - $117K, consequently the price at which it is sold varies too.

How many GTRs - the numbers vary depending on which article and magazine you read. Their "hypothetical" maximum production capacity is supposedly 6,000 cars annually. I might be 100% wrong in this...

thanks! I don't suppose the dealers here would be able to show us the option list so that we may ascertain what we are or are not getting for the hugely varying OMV that we're paying??

It isn't that difficult.

You get the car in 3 trims: Base, Black and Premium.

Base comes with chrome rims and Dunlop Sports tyres. You have interior choice of black or grey/white options.

Black Edition changes the interior color theme to black with red trim ONLY (roof lining is also darker trim than on Base/Premium) and adds dark chrome rims with Bridgestone Tyres

Premium uses the same base color theme (black or grey/white option), adds the dark chrome rims with Bridgestones, plus heated seats plus Bose sound system plus Thatcham Alarm

Options on the Base model include Bose, Thatcham and dark rims with Bridgestone
Option on the Black: Bose and Thatcham

Option on all 3: reverse camera, Hyper LED, extra airbags.

Note: Immobilizer is standard. The Thatcham alarm I understand allows for GPS tracking of the car, but understand the service is unusable outside of Japan.

Other GTR accessories can be ordered separately like mats, toolkits, keychains, interior mood lighting etc.

FWIW, even in base config at 7.7 million yen b4 taxes, it translates to ard 100k OMV. So if OMV is lower, it probably means underdeclared. That said, VERY EARLY samples could have been "used" and sold through auction where some of them were flipped for ard 10million yen. So the underdeclaration could be to "recover" the premium paid for such early shipments. However, it is unlikely that the orders taken now for future delivery would still come from such channels.

The Doggman is the resident GTR guru. Most of my knowledge is gleaned from conversations with him. Nevertheless, here's a link R35 Nissan GT-R specification - J's Garage Export : importing jdm used cars, new JDM cars, and JDM parts from Japan - to a website detailing the specs and options available.

I had argued with someone about this earlier, but after having seen them in person, I have no hesitation in saying that Hyper LEDs should DEFINITELY be on the car.

My thot on the 3 trims..
If u want to mod, base model is all u need.
At most, stretch to Black ed.
Prem ed is plain dumb.

Agree there, would go so far as saying anything over base is actually overkill. Black makes sense only if you like the red/black interior trim. Otherwise the rims/tyres can be had for $1500 extra.

Base comes in 19 or 20in?

My specs:

Base
Dark rims with Potenza (better for track use tho early tests in Japan show the Dunlop better in winter/cold/wet conditions)
Reverse Camera (cos I kayu parker)
Hyper LED (cos I hiao)
Bose (cos I didn't know better and thought the Bose was needed to get MFD)

But having had the Bose, I think the difference is worth it. Saves me having to spring for aftermarket system (involving stripping out the car) and it sounds great to keep me occuppied for long drives.

The Black Edition seems like a limited edition (not available in US for instance) but I don't like the red swatches at the side of the seats. But for the novelty factor and uniqueness, it's more exclusive than the Base/Premium.

Europe specs include a Nera Black paintjob. Sounds good :)

TripleM;308245 said:
Base comes in 19 or 20in?

20 inch. Chrome finish (vs dark chrome) with Dunlop Sports tyres.

Option to get 20inch dark chrome rims (same design) with Bridgestone summer tyres.

Those Potenza RE070 is RFT n bespoke to the car....damn, gotta be fooking expensive to replace !

Base is good for me, downgrade the wheel to 19in

TripleM;308273 said:
Base is good for me, downgrade the wheel to 19in

That is defnitely an option. In fact, several suggestions also point out that 18" will fit comfortably on the car too.

The good thing about the GTR is that the performance specs and parts are all same for the base, black and premium - it is the comfort parts which differ.

My spec (on order) is simply the base with Hyper LEDs.

AFAIK no one has managed to transplant the tyre pressure sensor from the stem to an aftermarket rim yet. That would be the first step. Otherwise, there'd be an error checklight. How intrusive the error is (does it prevent u from cranking etc), I dunno yet.

Theory is that 350Z with runflats could get a workaround with other Rays rims and the same workaround would work on the GTR. Makes sense since the stock GTR rims are from Rays.

Any good and cheap 285/30R18?

The car with that kind of power n performance, u would want a really good set of tires...cheap one is not an option haha....

I will slap on Falken RT615 for street cum occasional track days

I think it comes in 275 35 18

GTR this time is staggered rite?

255 front
285 rear

Was really looking for A048 or equivalents. My fave for track days and usable on daily. I can live with tyre/road noise/roar and the 10000km replacement cycles.

I find it hard to pay 2-3x more for Pilot Sport Cup

What's the expected longevity of the stock tyres?

Besides, if one were to replace the 20s with 18s, wouldnt some sort of calibration be needed for the speedo?

timechaser;308394 said:
What's the expected longevity of the stock tyres?

Besides, if one were to replace the 20s with 18s, wouldnt some sort of calibration be needed for the speedo?
If you maintain diameter, no need for recalibration. Same for every damn car.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back