The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

Re: The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

DoggieHowser;304791 said:
Keith dropped off the car after I was done with my chores so went out for some kopi, along with another friend, then went for a drive to Changi and back to the West, taking time to get used to the car, the dimensions and the controls.

Car is large, and after getting used to my tiny i for so long, it got a bit scary, esp the stretch of road where all the lanes narrow outside Little India heading towards KK Hospital.

Experimented a bit with the suspension settings. Standard mode is firm and very controlled. I think that would be my preferred choice for day to day driving. Comfort reminded me of Vios. I was pretty surprised that it was too soft for my liking, except when I had to go over some bumpy roadworks. It's actually softer than the Audi A4 2.0 mu I test drove a while back.

In R mode, the suspension is very noticeably harder. Going over some imperfections is definitely jarring, but nothing I haven't been used to on my old Evo's Ohlins.

Car is pretty torquey and even keeping below 3500rpm, it's more than enough to potter around and get ahead in traffic lights.

Visibility is surprisingly good. I felt a lot more confident than when I was test driving the Cayman S.

Chalked up abt 200km on the clock so far. Fuel consumption varies by a large margin. Even with my pussy footing around, staying off boost as much as possible and keeping below 3500 revs, the range indicated can fluctuate by almost 30km.

Thanks for that Doggman! Your car looks gorgeous! Are those the dark chrome rims with the Potenzas?

But effing brilliant! :) glad to know you enjoyed it.

timechaser;304839 said:
Nissan launching GT-R in Australia Early 2009.

Official Australian R35 GT-R Launch

Given RHD versions coming out next year - possibly singapore next in line?

Whatever else, possibly someone will rip and reencode the MFD software!!!

That's what Keith is looking into. The only caveat is that we have to make sure the specs are the same.

Pics of the US version suggests they do not include DVD drive but they have a 6 disc changer built in.

So hope the UK and Australia specs are closer.

timechaser;304840 said:
Thanks for that Doggman! Your car looks gorgeous! Are those the dark chrome rims with the Potenzas?

But effing brilliant! :) glad to know you enjoyed it.

Yeah opted for dark chrome option plus the Bose (didn't realize stock car already had MFD when I ordered) plus the reverse camera.

Congrats BK! *hint hint, nudge nudge*

axl;304871 said:
Congrats BK! *hint hint, nudge nudge*

Doesnt work - elbow's sore from all the nudges :p

Maybe if I offered him a bottle of the finest canadian ice-wine, or perhaps a bottle of Veuve-clicquot yellow label bubbly?

Hmmm

And DoggMan - the specs IMHO are going to be different if I remember correctly... the UK version is the RHD version of the US car - speed limitations etc all similar.

But, having said that: what are the chances of importing one from Ozland?

timechaser, your grind will be harder now, with the chief GTR proponent not posting anymore coz he's driving his car ....

be strong and take care of yourself, OK?

Will try to find time to catch up with you guys for the booked test drive but already said it is just gonna be boring running in.

Doggman - amen to that. :) Whenever you have time dude. Not pushing or anything. As for boring - dont care - the prospect of sitting in a moving, live GTR is enough. BTW - ask keith what the chances of a GTR import from OzLand are if/when you get the chance.

Centu - I know what you mean. The frustration/waiting is building up! I actually tried to outrun a 645 in my vios - felt like a right tool after that! Hope I dont drive into a wall or sthg! :p

outrun a 645 in your vios? u must have given him a fright !!!

Did scare myself - the 645 owner mustve been laughing all the way home.

Road was wet, right hander - trying to take it at about 60 - whooosh! Powerslide! CurryPants moment, but thankfully managed to steady the car and get back home. I know it was patently stupid, but... :)

Cant wait to get the GTR!

I dunno if getting the GTR will be any better. You just get it from other people

Last nite was driving slowly minding my own business.. taking ramp from Bukit Timah Road to join Clementi Road/Upper Bukit Timah viaduct and stoopid Hyundai coupe decided to swerve hard into my lane.

Gave me a heart attack. I wasnt even going fast.

Damn farking farker. Dunno what he was thinking

ps also a little bit disconcerting cos people just gawk at it. A lot. Got one Merc was overtaking on highway.. and after passing me, suddenly slow down to get closer look.

I do that too - the gawking bit I mean. Did that to a beautiful black CLK DTM some days back. So you might just find me gawking at your car if you pass me by - though if I do manage to look at you and figure out it's you - I promise to wave :p

As for the swerving - cannot avoid those idiots! Mightve been a frustrated bugger like me perhaps? ;)

Mok - been trying to find someone willing to partner in that. However, I am zero on the techie side so we need to find someone techie enough. Perhaps we should try to convince BK. He is techie enough - but for some reason doesnt want to be involved with a GTR OC.

Maybe we should send an email to Ryan - get a subheading on here only? ;)

mok;305031 said:
Anyone interested to start SG-GTROC??I am keen to start the forum but i need some help on how to start the forum and maintence..
here it is.
GTR World

in the making..:nehnehhh:

Wahh great photographic skillz ... I have the right camera but dunno how to use to snap a shot like that .... lolz :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back