The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

Re: The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

Not Auto Sportique...they said they hv a red one coming in soon. Referring to Vincar , they hv 2 units avail ex-stock...but their pricing is > than Auto Sportique.

Ho, what's Vincar's price and OMV? PM me if not convenient to post here. Thanks!

hackzi;301942 said:
Ho, what's Vincar's price and OMV? PM me if not convenient to post here. Thanks!

Its very convenient ... This is a Prospective GTR Owners' thread :nehnehhh:

One GTR on track last weekend, timing at SIC is 2.35 ( race driver )

What's the baseline on the SIC? Afraid, I dont know much about it.

That's slower than GT3 some 4 years ago! I recall 2:32 good amateur, and 2:28 pro for the GT3 back then. Same car same day..

Wonder if the driver was pushing the GTR really hard with owner's approval? Or was he the owner?

The GTR still has the 180kph limiter?

Think the car should be able to do better than that ... should be below 2:30 in the hands of a good driver, guess the driver wasnt pushing too hard cos the car maybe wasnt his :)

axl;303615 said:
The GTR still has the 180kph limiter?

Probably not if its no. 252 black GTR ... its got the Mines VX-ROM with limiter off, he was at SIC over the weekend :)

His time on his Evo 8/9 with full slicks and a pretty full list of mods tuned to 450+hp was sub 2:30.

This GTR is his own car. I know he sent the ECU to MINES a while back so I guess he's gotten it back already. Doubt he is pushing it that hard. This is his first time out.

I believe he was doing 2:32.

In other news, sat in my own car today (just delivered to the showroom from the port) but being a real pussy driving it since it is still new to me. Can't wait to run it in.

DoggieHowser;303659 said:
His time on his Evo 8/9 with full slicks and a pretty full list of mods tuned to 450+hp was sub 2:30.

This GTR is his own car. I know he sent the ECU to MINES a while back so I guess he's gotten it back already. Doubt he is pushing it that hard. This is his first time out.

In other news, sat in my own car today (just delivered to the showroom from the port) but being a real pussy driving it since it is still new to me. Can't wait to run it in.

Hi res shots of his tyres and brake rotors says he is not trying very hard!!....slurp.

saw a grey one with racing stripes today lunch time from one raffles quay to ecp to fort road......whos is that?

Nice one there BK, .... u can be the one doing sub 2:30 mate! :woowooo:

Congrats! You dont find it intuitive or the Jap words confusing ....... and how do you intend to run it in? Was under the impression that it has been lapped round the track prior to delivery (what was the mileage when you took delivery?). Some opinions lean towards running it in HARD! :)

TripleM;303598 said:
One GTR on track last weekend, timing at SIC is 2.35 ( race driver )

Yes I was there. However he did not do many laps, wonder why? Yes he is a race driver from STP.

nAuTiLuS^;303778 said:
Nice one there BK, .... u can be the one doing sub 2:30 mate! :woowooo:

wait long long :p

uncle balls and skills not enuff :(

ulysses;303796 said:
Congrats! You dont find it intuitive or the Jap words confusing ....... and how do you intend to run it in? Was under the impression that it has been lapped round the track prior to delivery (what was the mileage when you took delivery?). Some opinions lean towards running it in HARD! :)

To be honest, I only really want to use the MFD for the readouts. Probably the radio. And the A2DP link to my ipod.

I think alf has already sussed out most if not all of the menus :) I just haven't been able to download the pdfs that timechaser did.

As for running it in, I think the workout by the factory was to do a couple of things like bed in the brakes as well as the "hard" driving needed to seal the piston ring.

But after that, you still have to run in the transmission and differentials etc, so I wud probably be keeping it under 3500rpm for the first 1km and then raise the rpm limit 1000rpm every 1000km.

Haven't gotten my car yet, but after a drive from Ubi to Rochor, the odo was showing 90+ km. How much was yours?

Scuderia;303811 said:
Yes I was there. However he did not do many laps, wonder why? This timing is in the hands of a race driver,

I wonder if his car has even been run in :p

But there were two timesheets. One of them was 2:35. A GT3 RS was doing 2:34 in the same sheet. If I am not wrong, both of them have abt the same sub 2:30 timings on their similarly tuned Evos so I suspect they may just be testing the waters with their new cars.

Friend who was there was looking at the brakes and tyres after his "hot lap" and they didn't look like they were being stressed out much.

I was told by my P.I that the GTR will be given a pre Run-in/check and the car is expected to clock a maximum of 150km. Its proven in that it will be given a precheck [FONT=&quot]but I skeptical about the maximum mileage of 150km

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
74863847wv2.jpg
[/FONT]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts