The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

Re: The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

juz b4 i leave te office, see this nex to mi..... kept lookin at the car for a good 20mins....
n862110603_2457746_1720.jpg

Holy GTRzzzz

debadge or spray the Nissan logo black!
change the plates to glossy black. wow...GTR POWER

Hey just wondering you guys.. How do you calculate 5 yr depreciation for a car like the GTR with the new ARF scheme? Assuming price is at 280K OMV@90K?

DoggieHowser;303818 said:
To be honest, I only really want to use the MFD for the readouts. Probably the radio. And the A2DP link to my ipod.

I think alf has already sussed out most if not all of the menus :) I just haven't been able to download the pdfs that timechaser did.

As for running it in, I think the workout by the factory was to do a couple of things like bed in the brakes as well as the "hard" driving needed to seal the piston ring.

But after that, you still have to run in the transmission and differentials etc, so I wud probably be keeping it under 3500rpm for the first 1km and then raise the rpm limit 1000rpm every 1000km.

Haven't gotten my car yet, but after a drive from Ubi to Rochor, the odo was showing 90+ km. How much was yours?

mine is probably reaching the port in Japan :yummie:

you have PM

Shaun;303610 said:
That's slower than GT3 some 4 years ago! I recall 2:32 good amateur, and 2:28 pro for the GT3 back then. Same car same day..

Wonder if the driver was pushing the GTR really hard with owner's approval? Or was he the owner?

Well, it's first time so driver is still learning and finding limits on the car. Mind you, it's 20in wheels as well!

This GTR should be able to hit 2.30 easily IMO in a very good amateur driver.

Every GTR pic I see regd in Sing, and everyone I hear of getting one - makes me blood boil!!! Waah!!! have to wait till june end!

I heard all new orders will have to wait 6 months...

Yup - demand/supply finally catch up. I ordered in January and was given a tentative date of June end!!!

Sigh!

GT-R has never been so many on the road this time round....nice

My salesperson msged me on Sunday night to tell me the news.. haha
I'm still thinking abotu the fifth gear video...

Somehow I foresee a spate of pp selling it around a year or so. Cos I feel quite a number of them are buying based on the hype and superlative perf specs.

Not referring to anyone here fyi. :)

StarOfDeath;304015 said:
I was told by my P.I that the GTR will be given a pre Run-in/check and the car is expected to clock a maximum of 150km. Its proven in that it will be given a precheck [FONT=&quot]but I skeptical about the maximum mileage of 150km
[/FONT]

Apparently this is the case: max is 150km (maybe go back for rework if first run does not meet specs). Based on experience with working with Japanese in the past, this is very likely. They are very anal abt making sure what they deliver/receive is exact to specs.

TripleM;304171 said:
Well, it's first time so driver is still learning and finding limits on the car. Mind you, it's 20in wheels as well!

This GTR should be able to hit 2.30 easily IMO in a very good amateur driver.

Yah based on the writing and videos so far I would expect it to break well into the mid-upper 20s in the early laps, considering the type of course that SIC is and its length.

I will bet money that a comparison of logs (esp lat G for a given line) and laptimes of the 1st, 10th, and 15th lap of the GTR will show significant degradation due to weight's effect on tires esp in the SEA climate. The journalists that speak and write of laws of physics being rewritten, don't know what they're talking about. They haven't run a long enough stint on a hot course that puts large thermal loads into the tires. I would venture to say it would settle in the mid to even high 30s depending on how the tires go. I don't see it keeping up with a GT3 over 15 laps or more. Of course I could be wrong.

In an endurance race say MME, I would take stock GT3 hands down, over stock GTR for this reason. But this is something that is on the fringe of just about all driving so not a worry for just about anyone.

axl;304236 said:
Somehow I foresee a spate of pp selling it around a year or so. Cos I feel quite a number of them are buying based on the hype and superlative perf specs.

I would tend to disagree with you - the GTR is not *that* freely available, and there are plenty who dont even know it is in the market. Of course, the eager ones will be informed but I doubt there will be people who will be disappointed by what they get their hands on...

But you never know - as someone said today - time will tell...

Do a quick count and i think there should be at least 100 units sold here this year :)

axl;304236 said:

If its limited to 150km/h, what is the purpose of buying this car anymore? Everyone seems to be going for the cars performance. Where is the performance now then? Even a altis has no limit and can push beyong 150

It's 180km/h and there's already a reflash out from MINES that nixes the speedcut. HKS will have a plug and play speedcut remover next month.

ps I believe most M cars are also capped at 150ish mph. While higher than 180km/h it nevertheless is a "cap" on the cars' real potential. and it hasn't stopped most enthusiasts getting it and waiting for the speedcut to be removed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back