The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

Re: The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

axl;304236 said:
Somehow I foresee a spate of pp selling it around a year or so. Cos I feel quite a number of them are buying based on the hype and superlative perf specs.

Not referring to anyone here fyi. :)
+1.................

Retaining the speed limiter on the GT-R... will be akin to having Alessandra Ambrosio as a gf, wearing worksman overalls ALL THE TIME.

Alessandra_Ambrosio.jpg

Axl, u r goin to get GTR too, u dont talk so much ok..so when coming?

With that chic? Every single night. :p

*end OT*

DoggieHowser;304434 said:
It's 180km/h and there's already a reflash out from MINES that nixes the speedcut. HKS will have a plug and play speedcut remover next month..

Care to elaborate about this upcoming HKS delimiter? How does it defer from Mine's version of ECU reflash

HKS is a plug n play solution - much like the procede v2 in the 335i - it cuts in between the ECU and the engine - and alters the commands (if I recall/understand correctly) so you dont need to send the ECU to mines to be remapped.

Kudos to Keith :)

Car reached port on Monday. Towed to his showroom ard 3pm.

And I shd be getting the car later tonight. Now need to weasel out of appt with the missus

:p

DoggieHowser;304589 said:
Now need to weasel out of appt with the missus

That's going to be a bitch to get out of...

BTW - Doggman!!! That calls for a celebration!!! Come drive around my house once can? :p

BTW - you received my email? Looking forward to seeing your car...

And I shd be getting the car later tonight. Now need to weasel out of appt with the missus

Congarts DoggieH

Tks... but my photo taking skills sux0rs. anyway, it is in boring grey.

timechaser;304583 said:
HKS is a plug n play solution - much like the procede v2 in the 335i - it cuts in between the ECU and the engine - and alters the commands (if I recall/understand correctly) so you dont need to send the ECU to mines to be remapped.

That's great to know! Tough to rip the ECU out and leave your car lifeless while it makes the journey back to Japan. Who's the local HKS agent?

WOW... damn gorgeous!!! Congrats man BK

I can help you with the dope :laughlik: how about some late night drives tonight!!

Keith dropped off the car after I was done with my chores so went out for some kopi, along with another friend, then went for a drive to Changi and back to the West, taking time to get used to the car, the dimensions and the controls.

Car is large, and after getting used to my tiny i for so long, it got a bit scary, esp the stretch of road where all the lanes narrow outside Little India heading towards KK Hospital.

Experimented a bit with the suspension settings. Standard mode is firm and very controlled. I think that would be my preferred choice for day to day driving. Comfort reminded me of Vios. I was pretty surprised that it was too soft for my liking, except when I had to go over some bumpy roadworks. It's actually softer than the Audi A4 2.0 mu I test drove a while back.

In R mode, the suspension is very noticeably harder. Going over some imperfections is definitely jarring, but nothing I haven't been used to on my old Evo's Ohlins.

Car is pretty torquey and even keeping below 3500rpm, it's more than enough to potter around and get ahead in traffic lights.

Visibility is surprisingly good. I felt a lot more confident than when I was test driving the Cayman S.

Chalked up abt 200km on the clock so far. Fuel consumption varies by a large margin. Even with my pussy footing around, staying off boost as much as possible and keeping below 3500 revs, the range indicated can fluctuate by almost 30km.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back