Thinking of the 523i

Re: Thinking of the 523i

zag said:
when will the 540i be available? Darn just got M-kit put on my ride. Perhaps should stop putting in anymore money on the one and half year old waiting for the 4 litre. Hopefully in a year's time!?

540i and 550i are available as 2006 cars, so Sept. in Europe and US, we should be able to order for delivery in early 2006 or maybe even Dec 2005. Oh yeah, 2006 comfort seats come with active lateral support, as you corner faster, the seat hugs your sides tighter!

have you done your M tech sports suspension retrofit yet?

guys guys...u know there is gonna b a 545 on sale soon ya? cheaper n better than 540 la..

Had a very pleasant experience dealing with a Rachel from Performance Motors over the weekend. Really good service and ernest go-getter who can cut a deal. I'd highly recommend her to any one who don't already have someone servicing them. PM me for her contact details.

Gandalf Fett said:
Had a very pleasant experience dealing with a Rachel from Performance Motors over the weekend. Really good service and ernest go-getter who can cut a deal. I'd highly recommend her to any one who don't already have someone servicing them. PM me for her contact details.

Congrats bro. U have decided to get the 523i? Did u opt for the Mkit?

T6 said:
Congrats bro. U have decided to get the 523i? Did u opt for the Mkit?

Actually no. I talked about it with the missus and we decided to wait a little while as it is very likely that the offers next year may potentially be better.

totoseow said:
guys guys...u know there is gonna b a 545 on sale soon ya? cheaper n better than 540 la..
You sure? How much and why? You mean 27 is selling?

totoseow said:
yup...he buying M something..

Wah M!!! Sure or not? Will check with him next time we meet. Any price indication for his 545? Sibei sui leh!

bimmerman said:
I got my 523 two weeks ago. Before buying, I seriously considered the following cars:
Lexus GS300
Great car! Every conceivable gadget is there. Smooth creamy engine, IMHO, more refinement than a Bimmer. The leather stitching, so refined. However, handling leaves much to be desired. A Lexus, is still Japanese. I'd like something with a strong heritage.

On my friend's insistence, I test drove the GS300 a couple of days ago and boy, the gadgets and buttons and wood steering wheel and gear knob is fantastic. Just fantastic! Everything that I could ever want in a car are in there (in terms of interior and gadgets). It's almost like getting a 7 series or S class and THEN SOME! But at 100km/h, it feels like its flying and yes, it is still Japanese. So, it doesn't give me that "Ooomph" to have the desire to get it - unlike the 5 series which kindna gets you hot and bothered - know what I mean?

take the car n go to portsdown road or jervois road. drive 10kmh faster than u wud. i nearly threw up. not kidding. plenty of body roll. i just cant take it. but value for money? definitely.

i hate the gear knob and the area ard it. looks exactly like they lifted it from a toyota, makes the car look cheap.

The displays and the "art work", i.e. all the little icons, look very very kiddish IMHO. It really looks like something that a kid in JC would design. Takes a lot away from the overrall feel of the interior and the sophistication and luxury that it wants to convey. I am not convinced by it at all.

It only makes me want the 523 more - if only BMW would add in more features instead of leaving them as options all the time!

I see way more 523s and 525s on the roads these days and would like to hear the feedback from the 523 and 525 owners on their ride? How? Reliable? Any problems so far? Anything coming apart? How's the performance (especially the accerleration from 0)? Would really like some feedback from the guys and gals who can provide first hand information.

Due to some "political" reasons, my purchase of the 523 has been pushed back to some later time (DRAT!!!) and the back of my front passenger seat of my current ride just came off (when the car is still under warranty) which would have given me more reason to convince my wife to change the darn car NOW!

Would really like to hear from you guys. Was getting a little worried constantly reading about the problems the car(s) has in the other threads.

Yeah, I had a C class too, a C320 Av that came with a clack clack sound from the aircon vents and a similar back of the front passenger seat that kept popping out :naughty: . The missus simply said: get me a BM!
Not sure if SA assembled German cars are different from German assembled cars.

I have a 523i with 18" rims. Great handling and exceptional driveability. Reliability is not an issue. Acceleration feels a bit slow off the block but not a problem for me. Very balanced steering (w/o active) which makes you feel well connected with the road (I enjoy driving with minimal electronics intervention, except for safety features). Fuel consumption higher than specs, I am getting only 7-8km/litre, but mostly on urban roads. The E90 is truly a car with character. It has as one of the member said earlier an "aggressive and purposeful looK". The only drawback for me is the lack of Bluetooth as a standard, and a more luxurious interior similar to the 7 series, say.

Hi all,

u ppl are talking about the 523i and 525i. i'm considering the 530i and any pointers to offer as to which would be a better buy between the 525i & 530i.
I a curious question, Does the logic 7 sound system sounds that GOOD.......

Leonwei

No contest, get the 530i for sure...that new R6 engine is great!

I haven't actually heard logic7, you can ask the sales folks in PML if they have a demo car with Logic7 that you can try. What I've read is that it's worth the money, so I'll say get it!

Leonwei said:
Hi all,

u ppl are talking about the 523i and 525i. i'm considering the 530i and any pointers to offer as to which would be a better buy between the 525i & 530i.
I a curious question, Does the logic 7 sound system sounds that GOOD.......

if you have the heart for 530i already... now let me rub it in... 540i and if you can but road tax will match the M5 so 550i

go read about L7 in the e60 forum.. and make up yr mind. hehehehe. some chaps having it wrote it sound better when they turn off the processor. go figure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinggroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back