Throttle issue.

Re: Throttle issue.

The one thing I did not do is change the mechatronic sleeve for that ride. Was on my mind for sometime previously and I think one of the fault codes was associated to that.

Any codes turned up while you were at the WS ?

Thhmarc;1058795 said:
thats bad...now car at the workshop....the Techncian just swap a sensor but problem still there....dunno what the F man.......ask him can it be throttle body need cleaning...he say not possible....this problem is going to suck big time

i thought this is a common issue with the e90?
my dad used to have this problem on his 05 model. He sent to a famous WS (site sponsor), spent 3k changing everything suggested, and the problem still persisted.
i reckon its not worth spending so much to find out whats wrong..

Your problem could be different hence instead of asking here for advice, why not you bring to a good WS and get the doc to diagnose properly.

One thing not on bro RBB list is the valvetronic motor, but that would usually show up on a scan.

Have you tried R2D? He is good in diagnosing such problems on bmw.

Thhmarc;1058948 said:
this really sucked big time already.........

If it doesnt show any fault codes, u can consider just driving all the way till car scrapped i guess. No point wasting money trial and error.

On a sidenote, i rmb my dad using fuel system and injector cleaners as well, he said they helped alot and problem was less frequent.

Liquimoly and stp iirc

Update to my misery, the "loss of fuel feel to throttle" is so bad, the engine died on me at a few times at traffic light. There is also a intermittent clunk clunk clunk like metal can hitting metal from the undercarriage when throttling or slow down. When this sound appear the loss of fuel feeling is more prominent. To add on to my misery fuel consumption increase tremendously. (From bukit timah to tampinies, fuel gauge drop from 1/4 lvl. Need expert advise. Vexed. The computer from workshop shows Vanos intake error.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thhmarc;1059585 said:
Update to my misery, the "loss of fuel feel to throttle" is so bad, the engine died on me at a few times at traffic light. There is also a intermittent clunk clunk clunk like metal can hitting metal can when throttle or slow down. To add on to my misery fuel consumption increase tremendously. (From bukit timah to tampinies, fuel gauge drop from 1/4 lvl. Need expert advise. Vexed.
PLEASE LAH. DRIVE TO WS TO GET DIAGNOSE.

DON'T FOLLOW PENGFUL footstep

In case u dunno what Pengful did....

He drove until car cannot move n stayed by the roadside posting questions in forum seeking expert advice on what could have happened and all the experts here gave advice on engine overheat to engine up lorry until the tow truck came n the fella told him his car actually no petrol...

could it be ur fuel pump problem??? Rod did advice me that E90 got this problem...

When i was there he show me a faulty fuel pump which he change for a angmoh's E90...

casper77;1059594 said:
could it be ur fuel pump problem??? Rod did advice me that E90 got this problem...

When i was there he show me a faulty fuel pump which he change for a angmoh's E90...

i certainly hope so, tmr going in for full diagnose.....again.....the workshop told me is timing issue......i dun quick believe. the clunk clunk clunk sound during throttle is really pissing me off too.....super sian

Thhmarc;1059598 said:
i certainly hope so, tmr going in for full diagnose.....again.....the workshop told me is timing issue......i dun quick believe. the clunk clunk clunk sound during throttle is really pissing me off too.....super sian

Bro... wat timing issue?? ws time? ur time? ur ride time?? ur ride running on FI or carb??? modern cars got timing issue???

Thhmarc;1059608 said:
does lemon law allow me to bring my car in to PML and claim the workshop?

Claim restitution under lemon law from which ws? Where did u get your ride from?

Btw, your top priority would be to find a competent workshop to troubleshoot your problem. Many of us here will recommend R2D. But don't go there diagnose then run to another workshop hor.

Cheers. Good luck!

Throttle issue.

casper77;1059594 said:

Fuel pump easier to up lorry for bmw if you always pump near to empty tank. Otherwise fuel pump should be quite lasting.

Throttle issue.

Thhmarc;1059585 said:
Update to my misery, the "loss of fuel feel to throttle" is so bad, the engine died on me at a few times at traffic light. There is also a intermittent clunk clunk clunk like metal can hitting metal from the undercarriage when throttling or slow down. When this sound appear the loss of fuel feeling is more prominent. To add on to my misery fuel consumption increase tremendously. (From bukit timah to tampinies, fuel gauge drop from 1/4 lvl. Need expert advise. Vexed. The computer from workshop shows Vanos intake error.

1/4 tank from Bt Timah to Tampines?

You checked if you are not leaking petrol somewhere?

Get it to R2D and let them have a look ...... Don't think its a simple / single problem.

You need to know what is wrong first then decide what to do.

Thhmarc;1059585 said:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sun88comco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back