Throttle issue.

Re: Throttle issue.

He drives in "R" mode - race mode :)

LimPeh;1058621 said:
Did you drive in D mode,or Sports mode? Sports mode is more perky when you floor the accelerator.

I will be breaking the table to get the workshop to resolve this issue. I will squeeze the sac out of the lemon.

seanskye;1059659 said:
Chill....

Many of us had worse problems than you, trust me.

This forum is an archive of all the problems people like me who didn't send in our rides for a full check encountered after buying our rides on impulse.

But not to worry, we have the best BMW workshops in SG, MY and some say Batam (I never say R2D hor!).

Given the many potential sources of problems in an aged bimmer, I doubt that the normal few hrs check by any workshop could fully uncover. Some problems may need overnight stay and others such as leaks may require to wipe clean then drive a few days then reinspect. Not sure how many workshp willing to do such extensive check for you, even less dealers willing to allow you to scrutinize for so long. The best u can do is go to experienced ws who can check the major problem areas and be prepared to discover other problems once u take over.

Last edited by a moderator:

easy;1059870 said:
Given the many potential sources of problems in an aged bimmer, I doubt that the normal few hrs check hy any workshop could fully uncover. Some problem may need overnight stay and others such as leaks may require to wipe clean then drive a few days then reinspect. Not sure how many workshp willing to do such extensive check for you, even less dealers willing to allow you to scrutinize for so long. The best u can do is go to experienced ws who can check the major problem areas and be prepared to discover other problems once u take over.

i already left my car at the dealer workshop ....need a few days to diagnose...but funny.thing is today i drive to the workshop..the car is in perfect order....no loss of fuel feeling, no clunk.clunk clunk sound...best part is fuel indication went up 20percent.

tats the thing.....if the fault cannot be.simulated...i wonder how they can diagnose my car....i am really in deep shit....i read overseas forum...it also mentioned Vanos Intake fault code denotes Dirty or malfunction vanos solenoid.....anyone changed this solenoid before have the symptoms that I mentioned?

Very vague .....

Out of curiosity - what's the fault code ?

Thhmarc;1059926 said:
tats the thing.....if the fault cannot be.simulated...i wonder how they can diagnose my car....i am really in deep shit....i read overseas forum...it also mentioned Vanos Intake fault code denotes Dirty or malfunction vanos solenoid.....anyone changed this solenoid before have the symptoms that I mentioned?

Red_Bean_Bun;1059933 said:
Very vague .....

Out of curiosity - what's the fault code ?

mr RBB, this is the code i saw on the reader....2A82. Real.funny thing is, the symptoms are not there when I drove from Hougang to Tampinies this morning. It happened the whole time yesterday.

Intermittent problem always most challenging to solve, its Mr Murphy again, most of us have experienced b4, when you take car into workshop everything is working fine. But with this fault code there is at least hard evidence that something was amiss, so an experienced workshop got something concrete to go by. Keep the faith don't let this get you down.

easy;1059950 said:
Intermittent problem always most challenging to solve, its Mr Murphy again, most of us have experienced b4, when you take car into workshop everything is working fine. But with this fault code there is at least hard evidence that something was amiss, so an experienced workshop got something concrete to go by. Keep the faith don't let this get you down.

I will hang on.....i am.just not confident about this old man workshop who claim that even other workshop ask him how to.solve problem.

Thhmarc;1059952 said:
I will hang on.....i am.just not confident about this old man workshop who claim that even other workshop ask him how to.solve problem.

Which ws is that? Do u see other makes around, or just BMWs?

seanskye;1059953 said:
Which ws is that? Do u see other makes around, or just BMWs?

i din.see any BMW....but was acclaimed that he solved and kept conti car alive. Also claimed that PML mechanics will call and ask him on.difficult problems.... he say "banos" 的问题 要抓timing 的, 没有这样快,车要放住。。timing 跑到完。

Thhmarc;1059954 said:
i din.see any BMW....but was acclaimed that he solved and kept conti car alive. Also claimed that PML mechanics will call and ask him on.difficult problems.... he say "banos" 的问题 要抓timing 的, 没有这样快,车要放住。。timing 跑到完。

Jus curious, wat timing r we toking abt for fuel injection engine?? if so, y we need to do coding for our rides??

its the dealer workshop but recommended by the.dealer third party friend whom his 2006 e90 problems are all solved by this ws

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w88diy
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back