Throttle issue.

Thhmarc

Dear Bros, has anyone experience when moving off from standstill, especially when you floor the accelerator, there is a drop in rpm, no power transmission to the car, car jerk and move a bit, took about 2seconds then there is power and car start to move. What are the possible problems. I hope its not the gearbox.

Re: Throttle issue.

Not a big issue. I had this problem too.
Try asking them clean ur throttle body & maf first. Easy n cheap

You floor the accelerator to move off?

not exactly floor but heavy footed abit and the power loss with jerking is so promininent. if gradual acceleration, you will not feel so much but still will feel like the car is not getting any fuel for a while then it starts to move.....

Did you drive in D mode,or Sports mode? Sports mode is more perky when you floor the accelerator.

both mode have this issue. sad....it is so dangerous when i want to overtake.

Try put car in DS mode. Read in e90post forum that if DS mode is perfectly alright, then its software issues; they reseted some values and car was fine after that.

both D and S mode also have this problem. Its like, when you accelerate, you expect fuel to flow and thus the car will move. But in my case, when i accelerate, it felt like empty...no fuel feel... jerks a while for 2 seconds, then car start moving....

Have you tried manual shift mode? It wouldn't be the gearbox if this problem persists at gear 1. Why don't you bring it to one of the sponsors here? BVO kept my previous E60 in tip top condition all the time.

i had the same problem. for me it was throttle body & MAF cleaning that solved the problem.

Thhmarc;1058653 said:
yes, same thing happened at manual mode, gear M1, same no fuel feeling occur.

Mine is the same... u floor to get power... she ai mai ai mai... but i can live wif it... seldom floor.... scared cam ber ler....

I also have this problem. Initally i thought this is a safety feature that prevents you from accidential flooring. Lol! I do know some cars has that feature.

Guess i will take my ride to do some cleanup then.

I had that in my previous ride - it was a M54 engine. Hard acceleration from standstill there would be a 1-2 sec hesitancy. Engine died occasional when accelerating hard - happened once I was making a quick exit from a petrol station to get to lane 1 for a U turn. Ended up the ride straddled horizontally across lane 1-2 with cars approaching from a bend (blind spot for those cars) - a major KNN moment. Started the ride in time, scrambled into lane 1 then slotted the car in to the U turn slip area ......

Tried the following but did not resolve the hesitancy issues -

- new spark plugs
- new ignition coil
- changed to 98 octane petrol
- cleaned the maf sensor
- took the vanos out and changed all the o rings
- checked the vanos solenoid
- took the disa out out and cleaned it.
- looked for vacuum leaks
- changed the fuel pump and filter
- changed the ATF fluid and filter
- checked the o2 sensors
- sealed a bunch of exhaust leaks
- changed the VCG (no sludge found)

In the end scanned the obd and found all cylinders were misfiring. To re confirm - cleared the faults and took the car out for a spin. Came back and scanned again and all the misfiring faults showed up.
Was then thinking its either those new exotic spark plugs I was using or maybe it's the tune I was using (pre-ignitions due to the advanced timings etc). Removed the ignition capacitor mod - still did not help. Went on like this for a few years.

In the end, the oil pressure fault code showed up on the dash. Changed the oil pressure sensor and it did not help. The oil pump was going .........

The COE also was going to expire by then so heck the problems and sold it for what it's still worth.

Anyway, how about doing the reverse of what I did - scan it for shadow codes first then decide what to do next ........

RBB....you are making me worried.....the conclusion from your very very detailed description is..........no cure.........

Ya quite depressing ... advice I got from 2 workshops were no need to clean throttle body and not to touch the MAF sensor if possible.

thats bad...now car at the workshop....the Techncian just swap a sensor but problem still there....dunno what the F man.......ask him can it be throttle body need cleaning...he say not possible....this problem is going to suck big time

From others experience sounds like not an uncommon issue, so bring to Sponsors wkshp and get proper diagnosis. Have you considered to replace the MAF sensor rather than just clean it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back