tinting

eNerGy

Hi All,
Please advice on what is the best tint for my e90 and where to install it?
I was advice to go for vkool elite, how much is it?
please advice,

regards,
energy

Re: tinting

Yes, Vkool Premium good choice.
Should be around 1K or less after some good discount.

agree with lyn. but i caution against taking the dark packages (i.e. Mirage and Mystique) as off the shelf because IMO, the J83 front cant make it...as if no film on since heat rejection sucks for this particular film. what i recommend is to mix and match, front VK75 with rear dark tint (depending on your preference for VK40 or K37).

thinking of VK70 all round since I will drive to KL. I saw some have VK75 on their signature, is that for the windscreen? Isnt VK75 too light?
please advice.

energy

X75 & VK70 is very close. X75 is recommend spec by Vkool Singapore for the front windscreen as it is within legal limits. Recommend legal limit for the front 2 passenger door is J83 and Rear with K37.

I choose X75 for the frontscreen & 2 front passenger windscreen. VK70 for the rear passenger windscreen and VK40 for the rear windscreen. this combo will cost $1220 without discount.

you may read and check more about Vkool film on the following website. Choose and pick for the upgrade, then you can calculate the cost.

V-KOOL Singapore

happy tinting. do it as earlier as possible so you will enjoy heat free driving sooner. :)

:)
eNerGy;290088 said:
thinking of VK70 all round since I will drive to KL. I saw some have VK75 on their signature, is that for the windscreen? Isnt VK75 too light?
please advice.

energy
Hi, I did VK70 all round and it is extremely good IMO.... according to Vkool the price is $1.4k before discount.

I can tell the difference when under hot sun..... althought it is not as dark as I would have prefered since VK40 is too dark.... the all round same tint look is my prefered choice rather then dark behind and light in front.....

You shld consider this choice.... I think is the best tint I have so far....

I did mine at Cool n Lite ... very happy with it... and much cheaper than VKool.

vkool shop at toh guan centre advice me against tinting vk70 or vk75 on the front side windows as it will not pass LTA inspection. I see so many cars on the roads and even bmw forumers tinting vk75 and vk70 at the 2 front side windows. how do we deal with LTA at 3rd year of car inspection?
please advice.

regards,
energy

eNerGy;290634 said:
vkool shop at toh guan centre advice me against tinting vk70 or vk75 on the front side windows as it will not pass LTA inspection. I see so many cars on the roads and even bmw forumers tinting vk75 and vk70 at the 2 front side windows. how do we deal with LTA at 3rd year of car inspection?
please advice.

regards,
energy

frankly you can't tell the difference between X75 and VK70. J83 is just too light, and the heat protection isn't good. If you look into my signature, can you tell my car is tinted? I'm on X75 + VK70 for the side. VK40 on on the rear.

i have VK75 front too. yes, it is beyond LTA guidelines but only slightly...think its 65 when 70 is minimum. so looks wise no issue, but heat rejection wise, a big diff betw VK75 and J83. if u choose J83, might as well dont put and save the money IMO

thanks for the advice guys. I will tint VK75 for windscreen & fronts then vk 70 on all rears.
we should all get together before chinese new year for photoshoot :)

regards,
energy

way to go...that would be the premium package if i'm not wrong. dark tint rear is individual dependent, some like it others dont.

Good choice.... if you have been driving awhile w/o tint you will feel a great difference now. I am amaze at the heat rejection provided by VK70 all round. Just bear in mind GPS don't work with VK70 in front and also those automated gentry that use transponder to activate the gate place on your dash board.

kmolth;290814 said:
Good choice.... if you have been driving awhile w/o tint you will feel a great difference now. I am amaze at the heat rejection provided by VK70 all round. Just bear in mind GPS don't work with VK70 in front and also those automated gentry that use transponder to activate the gate place on your dash board.
isn't that show how good is the film in rejecting heats, infra. :)

Acu,

GPS reception is a problem more because of the metallic contents of the vkool film and I think kmolth was referring to after-mkt GPS having reception problem and not factory GPS which shd have no problem with that shark antenna.

Juz curious why didn't u go with vk40 all round?

eNerGy;290722 said:
thanks for the advice guys. I will tint VK75 for windscreen & fronts then vk 70 on all rears.
we should all get together before chinese new year for photoshoot :)

regards,
energy

You might want to check the current level of tint on your windows first.

If your windows are even slightly tinted, VK75 might still bust the legal limits. Get the shop to check and test out if you want to remain legal.

IIRC, for my current ride, it came pre-tinted ~82% front and ~72% sides/rear. I installed huper-optik 60 on sides/rear and light transmission is now 50%.

I was using VK70 all round on my previous ride - much better than huper-optik 60 in terms of heat rejection. Unfortunately, couldn't use my car park transponders from inside the car :yikess: No prob with GPS though.

I prefer 3M films. Good heat rejection without the hassle of losing GPS and transponder signals.

T6;290885 said:
Acu,

Juz curious why didn't u go with vk40 all round?
Andy hia, VK40 is nice Orh Lu Lu style if that's what one wants to look like on a black car as well as maximum heat rejection. As I try to stay as legal as possible and wanted maximum heat rejection within the legal limits. but I don't want 2 tone by the side, so I that how I end up with my combo. very happy with it. are you doing Vkool VK40 all round?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
888bjnet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back